Character
    Thymos Helmsplitter
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90

DRG mains, is it time to worry?

What the title says.

A new interview on Famitsu gave us this nugget of knowledge on what the FFXIV job changes for DRG are about:

"Regarding the planned changes to Dragoon and Astrologian, the changes shouldn't be simply compared to Summoner. Instead he mentions Ninja, the changes to that job during 5.X were considered a major overhaul by the devs though the play feel was still similiar. Regarding Dragoon, the discussions have been about reducing the number of actions that need to be used by merging actions, though he says he would like to avoid changing what Dragoon has to do as much as possible... (etc)"

Does this actually mean? Pruning or...?

Not trying to cause panic, just imagining what could be stacked on a single button that makes sense, without removing abilities. I'm hoping someone can help me on that front, I've only recently just returned to DRG.

Geirskogul is already stacked, Jump becomes Mirage Dive. Aside from the combos, I can't imagine what else could be merged without being a little weird. the After the frankly unnecessary and unhealthy focus on oversimplifying classes, I'm worried DRG will lose its luster like many others. Especially because it's such an active class with so much weaving.

Please help me understand, I just got DRG to 90 after trying 6.1 SAM and throwing up uncontrollably so I don't want to switch AGAIN.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme...on_main_story/
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Ainslie Tinley
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    They're talking about reducing the number of actions, so indeed they want to remove actions, not just merge two on the same button like they did for Mirage Dive.
    So indeed they want to remove abilities. And I really can't undersand why, compared to other jobs it doens't have too many.

A to how they'll "merge", I imagine giving a single action the effect of two actions.
    (1)

Character
    Raansu Omiyari
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Doesn't really ease my concerns lol.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Hezhi Lann
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    Most of the changes they've made for jobs in general from 5.0 onwards have been mediocre if not a net negative for the game. I'd have low expectations if I were you because considering their recent design trends you're more likely to be disappointed if you care at all about how your job plays.

If you love it, do enjoy current DRG while you can! There's no time like the present, and worrying would be misusing your imagination.
    (8)

Player
    playing other games like yoshida intended
    Character
    Alondite Ragnell
    World
    Marilith
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    Your job is about to get the Kaiten/Dark Arts Treatment.

I'm sorry
    (11)

Player
    Character
    Thymos Helmsplitter
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Hezhi View Post
    Most of the changes they've made for jobs in general from 5.0 onwards have been mediocre if not a net negative for the game. I'd have low expectations if I were you because considering their recent design trends you're more likely to be disappointed if you care at all about how your job plays.

If you love it, do enjoy current DRG while you can! There's no time like the present, and worrying would be misusing your imagination.
    Oh, I worry. Imagine gearing up just to get #@%! on. Nope!

Quote Originally Posted by Oizen View Post
    Your job is about to get the Kaiten/Dark Arts Treatment.

I'm sorry
    Me too, since my main was SAM since 4.0 until 6.1. It's exactly why I'm worried again.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Yvainne Augurelt
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    Well, they are planning to have the game continue for another ten years and DRG, as it is now, is a pretty complete job. I'm pretty sure this rework is so the job can continue to grow in some way for future expansions.
    While I'm not super excited for the potential change ups, I do see why they're doing them.
    If anything, let's hope they give us an AOE attack BEFORE level 40. That's something, I feel, is long overdue.
    But yeah, I get the worry. Hopefully they're giving more thought on how they're going to rework DRG to insure that it retains what makes that job fun to play while giving it new wiggle room to grow.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Gisela Thorne
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    You'd like to think they are eyeballing like, I dunno, just making Dragonfire a combo action to something. But I bet it's actually removing either Life Surge or Lance Charge with no regard to the fact both are needed for the job to have any thought at all outside the precious 2 minute buffs.
    (3)
    Last edited by ThorneDynasty; 08-10-2022 at 04:45 AM.

Player
    Character
    Saika Kinoshita
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Rogue Lv 53
    Quote Originally Posted by Tetsujin View Post
    Instead he mentions Ninja, the changes to that job during 5.X
    What were those again? Only rework I remember (though I don't remember when it happened) are GCD mudras so I suppose that would mean GCD Jumps then lol.
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzian View Post
    It's [FFXIV's] like a cheap restaurant. Foods crap, service is lousy, the place is a dive. But, if your in there with good friends you can still have a good evening.

Player
    Character
    Minerva Goldwinne
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    They really could just merge fang and claw/wheeling thrust, they do the same exact thing minus where you want to use them. Having two extra buttons for the same action is hilariously redundant.

That being said, yeah, be worried, keep your expectations low. You're not Yoshi P's favored child, so you're going to see nothing good come out of these reworks.
    (5)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast