Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Character
    Deveryn Ev'liarsh
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Atelier-Bagur View Post
    This is such a non-issue that begs to be explained why even bother making a thread about it. Like honestly, who cares?
    because that's how they roll.
    (9)

Character
    Feline Good
    World
    Halicarnassus
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by AwesomeJr44 View Post
    Ah yes, I am on copium for wishing that SE created their marketing to target their audience instead of radically changing their marketing (and I'd argue the game) in an attempt to get 4 year olds to play the game.

How long before people start saying "FFXIV is a kids game, you can just leave if you don't like it"?
    But that's not going to happen. I mean there's some pretty mature topics being discussed in-game, they can't really go any lower than 16.

So it just makes me more curious as to who they're trying to target with this. I'm pretty sure I'm part of the youngest generation on FF14 and I don't feel like it's targeting me...
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Midi Ajihri
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    This is such a non-issue that begs to be explained why even bother making a thread about it. Like honestly, who cares?
    It’s the basic ABCs of being a player in an MMO: Always Be Complaining.
    (13)

Player
    Character
    Raim Surion
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    I just think its funny how they released these goofy cartoons in every language but Japanese. But if you check the channel they released a completely separate series of Japanese text-only guides that strictly cover gameplay mechanics. Feels kind of like they're treating the western audience like kids or idiots.
    (32)

Character
    Matthieu Desrosiers
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    Who cares? I think the answer to that would be the same gaggle of posters who, without fail, predictably show up in the threads they supposedly do not care about to let everyone know how much they're allegedly unbothered by whatever the premise of that thread may be.

Quote Originally Posted by Raim View Post
    I just think its funny how they released these goofy cartoons in every language but Japanese. But if you check the channel they released a completely separate series of Japanese text-only guides that strictly cover gameplay mechanics. Feels kind of like they're treating the western audience like kids or idiots.
    How unfortunate.
    (27)

Player
    Character
    Aylin Bielawska
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibi View Post
    It's weird there is a UK version and USA version that are exactly the same. Are USA people that offended to click on a video with a UK flag?
    Yes, and vice versa, as evidenced by these here forums. The only difference is that it's more normalized to point the finger and shit all over the US for it.

Meanwhile, those videos encouraged pulling with Provoke, and said healers should stay out of the way and heal. So, I guess that's our future, can't wait for that AST update in 7.0. Looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodric View Post
    I think the answer to that would be the same gaggle of posters who, without fail, predictably show up in the threads they supposedly do not care about to let everyone know how much they're allegedly unbothered by whatever the premise of that thread may be.
    I'll be honest, I don't know why you even bothered to answer him, since that's basically his entire M.O..
    (13)
    Last edited by MintnHoney; 08-09-2022 at 09:26 AM. Reason: I was going to add a "/s" but I decided that it's probably better if I don't.

Player
    Character
    Fenris Pendragon
    World
    Spriggan
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    A continuous stream of feedback and dialogue is important for this game to be able to gauge people’s responses and reception to the various things it puts out into the world. Matters such as this one concern me because I would like for new players and those outside the fanbase to perceive the game in a more positive light. However, I don’t think that the way in which these guides were created appeals to those it’s intended to reach.
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Mimiji Miji
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Raim View Post
    I thought that too but wasn't going to say anything. (・∀・;)
    (9)

Character
    Feline Good
    World
    Halicarnassus
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodric View Post
    Who cares? I think the answer to that would be the same gaggle of posters who, without fail, predictably show up in the threads they supposedly do not care about to let everyone know how much they're allegedly unbothered by whatever the premise of that thread may be.
    Um sir, I'm sorry to inform you who has over nine thousand post count that these are discussion boards and that they're here for people to discuss things.
    (18)

Character
    Matthieu Desrosiers
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by NekoMataMata View Post
    Um sir, I'm sorry to inform you who has over nine thousand post count that these are discussion boards and that they're here for people to discuss things.
    Which is exactly what the OP is encouraging people to do. Discuss the premise of the thread. If they don't wish to partake then there's many other threads in which they can engage in and if none exist that suit their fancy they have the power to create one to fill whichever niche is missing.

Not sure what my post count has to do with it, though. I didn't even notice it had passed the 9000 mark. Nice, I guess.
    (20)

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast