Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Grey Ravenfeather
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    That's actually why I'm not resubbing if I don't get a house when my sub expires. It's not like I'm missing out on much if I wait until later to resub. If they (Square Enix) care enough, and if enough people were to send in complaints and vote with their wallets, it's possible for them to cave in. Just depends on if we can make them lose enough money.

Maybe it wouldn't hurt them that much. <shrugs> Either way, I'm unhappy with my current situation so I'm not paying anymore until my situation changes. Simple as that.

And don't worry, not everyone who was all for the lottery is complaining about it now. I'm pretty sure the lottery isn't the issue. Actually, it was a solution, just not to the housing shortage. It was a solution to the placard problem. Now that we have that resolved, Square needs to come up with a housing shortage solution.

I mean, hell, I stopped paying for a sub for WoW, and I've played that for many years. You don't think I'll turn off FFXIV? Watch me.

I had to teach myself, "If you don't like a game and/or feature in a game, just quit. You can always come back later. "
    (5)
    Last edited by CammyBear; 08-09-2022 at 12:51 PM. Reason: clarity (and typos ><)

Player
    Character
    Hashmael Lightswain
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    There is no housing shortage problem.

The problem exists with players assuming/expecting that the system should be designed with infinite capacity to accommodate every player.

As long as the majority of housing demand is met, then the system is working adequately.

If, after 7,200 plots have been claimed on each server, there are only a few to several hundred players still desiring a house, then the system is working "good enough."

Besides, since expanding housing access requires further additional hardware, and they are currently in the middle of expanding worlds/data centers, which will themselves theoretically help with diluting world populations, don't be expecting any "solution" to the perceived shortage until probably 7.0 at the earliest. Gotta give time for new worlds to start filling out their districts before devs ever consider adding more wards just for players that refuse to transfer to fill out vacant plots.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Y'sira Kurai
    World
    Halicarnassus
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasrat View Post
    Gotta give time for new worlds to start filling out their districts before devs ever consider adding more wards just for players that refuse to transfer to fill out vacant plots.
    I think that is a pretty reasonable assumption and there are houses in these new worlds and data centers going unfilled right now with more to come.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Gemina Lunarian
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by LaylaTsarra View Post
    I think that is a pretty reasonable assumption and there are houses in these new worlds and data centers going unfilled right now with more to come.
    It doesn't matter. That's not how these player minds work at all. Even if housing was made available so every player could have a plot, they would move the goalposts. Similar to how they were asking about a residential district in Sharlyan before EW was even released. My guess is they would move on to wanting to be able to turn a small into a medium or large, and if that is not possible, how unfair it is that they can't own multiple plots. Blaming it on spaghetti code and laziness.
    (4)

How I came to be by the side of the chosen, and the moments we've sewn.
    This soul. Its attachment to all living things. The love they have known.
    Oh Warrior of light if only you could hear,
    just how closely I hold you dear.

Player
    Character
    Calista Fallon
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Private Island AKA: Busy work, that is all
    (0)
    "Fanboy is gaming jargon used to describe an individual that has gone beyond the point of being a PC or console game fan and, during online chats or discussions, shifts to defend the program at all costs, unable to take any criticism or acknowledge any shortcomings of the game or gaming console."

Player
    Character
    Sylbritt Muscadet
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 89
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemina View Post
    It doesn't matter. That's not how these player minds work at all. Even if housing was made available so every player could have a plot, they would move the goalposts. Similar to how they were asking about a residential district in Sharlyan before EW was even released. My guess is they would move on to wanting to be able to turn a small into a medium or large, and if that is not possible, how unfair it is that they can't own multiple plots. Blaming it on spaghetti code and laziness.
    Actually, I think you're being unfair. Most people who are unhappy with the present system are not simply whinging for the sake of whinging. And most people are not accusing the devs of being lazy (I assume that's what you meant), though a little communication from them on this issue would be welcome.
    Thank you for at least staying polite and not throwing insults though.

I think I have been pretty clear and consistent in asking for more houses or for a chance to upgrade the apartments. I've got a personal house, my FC has theirs, but my friends have not all been as fortunate, and over the years, a lot have unsubbed citing disappointment over not getting a house as one of their reasons. I think it's important the company continue to get feedback on this issue.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Y'sira Kurai
    World
    Halicarnassus
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    Oh granted it's hard to please and regardless of what is done people will criticize. One only has to look at the General Forum to see how no matter what it is they will never be happy. Housing though has been a problem now for quite some time and some of the glaring wounds that never seem to go away (like FC abuse and limited supply) only enflame the issue for many have nots.

On the other hand my point was that we are getting a lot of new housing right now with Materia and on new servers and data centers and the thrust of the team I'm sure right now is to try and even out populations with housing being one of the major enticements. I don't think they'll add more wards until that redistribution has had time to come to fruition.

Materia needs more than housing I'm afraid to get people to transfer there but the EU and NA I'm sure will will fill out nicely when the time comes. It took Spriggan and Twintania a bit of time to get going but now those servers are pretty much on a par with the other EU servers. I know it would probably not have been a popular idea but they should have moved at least one populated Japan server like Tonberry to kick start Materia.

Blaming it on spaghetti code and laziness.
    Our dev's aren't lazy in my view they are most certainly over worked and it would be nice if more resources could be directed at a growing game like 14.
    (2)
    Last edited by LaylaTsarra; 08-09-2022 at 07:20 PM.

Player
    Character
    Y'sira Kurai
    World
    Halicarnassus
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Besame View Post
    Private Island AKA: Busy work, that is all
    Lets hope it's fun. I'm going to enjoy the new zone and hopefully more than one given I don't think we're getting any zones for relic this go around. We should have a release video on Friday so that'll definitely set the stage.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Chryden Speakel
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Blue Mage Lv 80
    I have a small theory.
    When everyone is able to direct buy and own a house then the overall used housing plots will be less then now.

There are many people who just own a house because they bought it when it was less congested but don't want to leave it now due to them not getting a house again.
    Also, to many reseller.

I also want a garage or anything were I can store my garden and housing Items in. (I already have a full apartment)
    All these event items fill my inventory and I don't want to throw them away because the only way to get them back is with real money.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Equinox Axxion
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by SanadaX View Post
    https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/...housing-crisis

^ This was back in 2017. All it says was Private islands as a substitute. However, go to the top of the page on the right. Type lottery in the bar and have at it. Going back to 2017 with the salt. People have wanted this for Y E A R S you get it and you still complain. Don't forget. FCs have been sold before. Now so more than ever. Ask yourself why that is?
    You showed me one post from the forums., link the other sources that you have since "everybody" is complaining(keep in mind a lot of people do not know how to tag properly). I got a house and apartment. I didn't like the fact that i had to click on board just get a house or putting my hat in some lottery system with rng. I want people to have there own place that they can call there own.

The Island could work but here is the kicker, once they do that people are going to ask why you cant do instance housing area? This is taking some sort of server space for every player to use

And besides, when i do search "lottery" nothing shows that anybody asked for this style system
    (1)
    Last edited by Axxion; 08-09-2022 at 11:08 PM.
    for a year, would you rather be secretly filmed at random moments and have the footage uploaded to your social media or loose $100 when ever you said a curse word?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast