Player
    Character
    Hyomin Park
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by NekoMataMata View Post
    I've used it for similar purposes such as saving a confused player during the first boss of the dead ends during the big aoe and other players from other issues but...

it's actually still awkward.

This is a RPG and to me Rescue is essentially god modeing. I am forcibly moving another player from their location to my location. During the rescue I am playing the game for that player.

It doesn't matter how useful the ability is, it's broken and it really shouldn't be a thing. I realize how frustrating it is to have to res someone or watch someone fail mechs, but I really don't see why healers should be able to change that and carry other players in that regard.
    Respectfully, I don’t consider an ability that you can only use once every 2 minutes “god modeing”. As a healer, it is your job to keep your team alive. If Rescuing them to safety during a mechanic is how you do it, then that’s that. Rescue is the least overpowered ability in a healer’s kit, to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Jojoya View Post
    I'm always amused when a player is Rescued to where they need to be or a safe spot - then run right back to where they were.
    Me, too. Doubly so if them running back to where they were results in them eating a mechanic and dying. At that point, I just kind of go “Well, I tried”.
    (8)
    Last edited by HyoMinPark; 08-09-2022 at 03:15 AM.
    Sage | Astrologian | Dancer

마지막 날 널 찾아가면
    마지막 밤 기억하길

Hyomin Park#0055

Player
    Character
    Keiho Fukiku
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 50
    I'm always amused when a player is Rescued to where they need to be or a safe spot - then run right back to where they were.
    Garuda Hard Mode says hello. The number of times I've rescued the tank out of a tornado and into a safe spot only for them to valiantly charge back in and get knocked around like a pingpong ball is in the double digits.

As for my own two cents, I don't care if they keep it or not. But if we're gonna be belly aching about our gameplay being impacted by other people, may as well remove stacks, spreads, cleaves, or anything else that could get you killed for no reason other than a player making a bad move.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sebazy Spiritwalker
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Imagine FFXIV healers still having something interesting to do that requires some thought and attention in 2022.

Kill it.

Kill it with fire

(19)

Player
    Character
    Esther Harper
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Bonus points if they get angry and say that they would've been fine if not for the rescue.
    No, you would've been fine if you had just stayed put.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Meluwen Ember
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Is it inherently griefing ? No.
    CAN it be used for it? Of course.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Lil Imp
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Padudu View Post
    If you're sick of being rescued then do the mechanics correctly
    While you're probably joking, that type of mentality is more or less exactly where a lot of the friction around rescue comes from. As a former BLM main and now greedy Tank, I've had way way too many instances over the years of someone rescuing me out of a completely safe situation simply because their own ignorance lead them to believe I was doing something wrong. Rotations in this game are very rigid, so that kind of unnecessary disruption is at best an annoying dps loss, and at worst ends up getting the rescue'd person killed. (I've been rescued a bunch of times straight out of a safe spot and into a healer that had read the mechanic wrong, only to watch us both die..)

Most players should really just focus on their own execution, and definitely shouldn't be given the ability to forcibly take control of another players positioning without their consent. I've always felt it should be restricted in some ways to preformed parties or an opt-in system, as it does have niche utility.
    (12)

Character
    Padudu Moro
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleImp View Post
    While you're probably joking, that type of mentality is more or less exactly where a lot of the friction around rescue comes from. As a former BLM main and now greedy Tank, I've had way way too many instances over the years of someone rescuing me out of a completely safe situation simply because their own ignorance lead them to believe I was doing something wrong. Rotations in this game are very rigid, so that kind of unnecessary disruption is at best an annoying dps loss, and at worst ends up getting the rescue'd person killed. (I've been rescued a bunch of times straight out of a safe spot and into a healer that had read the mechanic wrong, only to watch us both die..)

Most players should really just focus on their own execution, and definitely shouldn't be given the ability to forcibly take control of another players positioning without their consent. I've always felt it should be restricted in some ways to preformed parties or an opt-in system, as it does have niche utility.
    I was absolutely memeing there lol, but yeah I totally get that sometimes you just get the over-vigilant healer trying to do the right thing and just completely fucking you over instead. That being said I still wouldn't want rescue to go away due to silly mistakes like that; I understand dps rotation is a thing but at the very least it's a "yo, pls don't do that, I know what's up". If they continue? Kick/report.

Personally, I don't rescue unless I 100% absolutely know they're going to die or they just suddenly afk in the dangerzone or something. I do agree that rescue in itself is nice to have for those niche little situations, frequent or infrequent as they may be. I do think that maybe it could be opt-in as a middle ground, too, or maybe a way to cancel being rescued that doesn't cancel out what you're currently doing. I think that way healers (or some of them, anyways) will be happy with keeping their rescue and everyone can have a way to cancel it out without missing a beat.
    (3)

Character
    Valamist Hurlstone
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Speaking as somone who does not heal, I have only seen it used for good. By good do I mean Healer saving me when I mess up and almost get caught in a AOE? Yes.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Oscarlet Oirellain
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Been healing lately.

Rescued someone behind the animal in Rathalos.
    Rescued someone into the purple area in Dzemael Darkhold to reduce their incoming damage and make them do damage.
    Usually rescue someone behind the barrier in Void Ark.
    (3)
    In other news, there is no technical debt from 1.0.
    "We don't have ... a technological issue that was carried over from 1.0, because ARR was meant to kind of discard what we had from 1.0 and rebuild it from the engine."
    https://youtu.be/ge32wNPaJKk?t=560

Player
    Shadowflare - Ward Miasma II, Plot Broil IV
    Character
    Reiner Osborne
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Yet another Rescue thread?

Does this has anything to do with the new starter guide where the viera SCH rescues the newcomer?
    (9)
    If you know, you know...

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast