Player
    Character
    Zedix Dagern
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90

Lottery is a joke.

This new lottery system is a joke, it is certainly better than before but having every single player be on the same level when it come to the lottery actually feels terrible.
    Bidding against 150+ other people is a joke, .75% chance at best on just about any house.
    Getting a house before you were click warring against like 20 other people, which means about 5% chance (given all players were equal).
    The lack of effort/camping effectively increased real demand while real supply has not changed, in fact, real supply decreased with the locking of more wards to FC only.
    I have a few ideas that may help remedy this issue and I will list them in the order of what I believe will work best.
    • 1. There should be priority given to people just trying to move house location instead of leaving it wholly open.
      If I move my house there will still be an open house for those people to bid on, effectively leaving real supply unchanged.
      If someone wins who didn't have a house it further decreases the already constrained supply.
    • 2. Limit the number of people who can actually bid on a house.
      Locking it to 100 people would increase the odds of winning in nearly all cases.
      This increase would more likely reward people who are dedicated to getting a house.
      Would likely decrease real demand on a per house basis while still allowing plenty of people to engage with the system.
    • 3. Limit the time-frame that players can bid.
      Leaving it at 1 week means people who only slightly want a house can more easily bid.
      This drives down the chances for players who would otherwise dedicate time to look and try for housing.
      This change could lower real demand by allowing more dedicated players to log on daily for a chance at more frequent bids, leading to an elevated chance across larger time spans.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Rhela Tsurugi
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Zedix View Post
    having every single player be on the same level when it come to the lottery actually feels terrible.
    It is called fair. It feels bad because you don't have an advantage anymore. All your ideas make the lottery not fair and defeats the purpose of adding it.
    (17)

Player
    Character
    Aelin Ashriver
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    As above, the whole point of lottery was to make it fair and give people who couldn't no life a placard a shot at a house even if small.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Asuka Suzuhana
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    This new lottery system is a joke, it is certainly better than before but having every single player be on the same level when it come to the lottery actually feels terrible.
    Bidding against 150+ other people is a joke, .75% chance at best on just about any house.
    Getting a house before you were click warring against like 20 other people, which means about 5% chance (given all players were equal).
    The lack of effort/camping effectively increased real demand while real supply has not changed, in fact, real supply decreased with the locking of more wards to FC only.
    I have a few ideas that may help remedy this issue and I will list them in the order of what I believe will work best.
    • 1. There should be priority given to people just trying to move house location instead of leaving it wholly open.
      If I move my house there will still be an open house for those people to bid on, effectively leaving real supply unchanged.
      If someone wins who didn't have a house it further decreases the already constrained supply.
      Locking it to 100 people would increase the odds of winning in nearly all cases.
      This increase would more likely reward people who are dedicated to getting a house.
      Would likely decrease real demand on a per house basis while still allowing plenty of people to engage with the system.
      Leaving it at 1 week means people who only slightly want a house can more easily bid.
      This drives down the chances for players who would otherwise dedicate time to look and try for housing.
      This change could lower real demand by allowing more dedicated players to log on daily for a chance at more frequent bids, leading to an elevated chance across larger time spans.
    You're just unlucky, man.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Meluwen Ember
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Works fine on my machine
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Maximum Powerful
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    can i have bad luck protection in a real life lottery too?
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Trevor Wellington
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by DrWho2010 View Post
    can i have bad luck protection in a real life lottery too?
    I want some of that too I'm tired of real life lottery being fair I want to win.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Oriana Alesong
    World
    Maduin
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    After 4 months of consistently losing on plots I want, I agree that lottery sucks.

I put 2 weeks of hurting my wrist to win my small the week before 6.0 hit. I foolishly waited for the lottery to upgrade to a medium, vastly underestimating the demand for mediums. After 4 months of 9 day cycles of bidding and losing, this system sucks. I'm bitter because whenever a medium pops up now, it will have several hundred bids on my server.

And no, transferring to a different server for housing is not the solution. I would hope for the island sanctuary shitstorm that is about to hit (so many players are convinced it's their personal house) to result in great personal housing, but at this point I'm sure the dev team would give us the cursed monkey's paw solution. It's depressing as hell to read threads with similar titles/themes dating back to 2018 and realize the dev team has done fuck all to improve the system.

I could waste time providing suggestions for better housing, but I realize the devs won't read this, nor care. I think I'm done yelling into the void on this forum. Grats to those who won, but for those of us who have done nothing but lose, this system seriously blows.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Jojoya Joya
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    You're contradicting yourself. You state the lottery is better than what we had before then you go on to glorify the ways you feel the previous system is better than the lottery.

Real supply has not changed beyond the addition of Empyreum. Real supply includes plots already purchased.

What changes (and always has changed) is available supply.

So in other words, reserve plots for the already haves and screw the have nots.

I don't think so. SE needs to be making changes so that all players have access to houses instead of making changes to limit it to those who got lucky first.

So you want to hand the system back over to RMT to control as they move in with their bots to have the first 100 entries placed within minutes of the entry period starting?

Players desperate for a house probably won't blink an eye at buying entire service accounts with a house attached. They can always Fantasia the character and buy a name change.

It would do nothing to decrease real demand. It just sets more barriers in the way that make it difficult for players to access the system. Someone's already at work when the lottery entry period starts? Sucks to be them. They don't get a chance to have a house unless they buy from RMT.

Players who only slightly want a house don't need a week to bid. All they need is to be online at the right time and 2 minutes, same as the players who desperately want a house.

It still does nothing to lower real demand. The demand will still be there but SE will be left stuck with a lot of angry players who are being locked out of the system because they have real lives they can't reschedule for the sake of a game lottery.

Stop with the stupid band-aid ideas that fix nothing and make things actually worse. Making it more difficult to get something doesn't reduce the demand for that something. It just means fewer are likely to get their demand met.

You know what would lower real demand? A system properly designed so that every player could get the house they want when they want it without having to worry about fighting over a spot with other players or going through RMT, and which offers no in-game advantages to the player.

Those who only want a house for the prestige of having something others can't get or want one simply to feel a sense of power and control by denying a house to others would no longer want one. Demand reduced.

Players only slightly interested in having a house wouldn't be thinking "I have to get one now because if I wait until I really want a house I might not be able to get one then". Instead they'd be free to wait until they really want the house. Demand reduced.

Remove workshops from houses. Demand reduced.

Remove gardening from houses. Demand reduced.

Remove the tier 3 FC actions from houses and put them on the GC QMs. Demand reduced.

Quote Originally Posted by Brygd View Post
    I could waste time providing suggestions for better housing, but I realize the devs won't read this, nor care. I think I'm done yelling into the void on this forum. Grats to those who won, but for those of us who have done nothing but lose, this system seriously blows.
    Sorry that you're feeling just as frustrated with the system now as you were in the past.

You're right. The system blows. That's why we need to get SE to fix the real problem - supply. If every player could get what they want when they want it, there would be no need for lotteries, no need for placard camping, no need for demolition.
    (13)
    Last edited by Jojoya; 08-08-2022 at 03:09 AM.

Player
    Character
    Zedix Dagern
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    I wanted to thank you for actually giving a thoughtful response instead of just making jokes about this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojoya View Post
    You're contradicting yourself. You state the lottery is better than what we had before then you go on to glorify the ways you feel the previous system is better than the lottery.
    I feel some aspects of one system are better than the other, neither system is perfect. I thought this came across with my comments, I apologize if it did not.
    Real supply has not changed beyond the addition of Empyreum. Real supply includes plots already purchased.

What changes (and always has changed) is available supply.
    You're right, available supply, my mistake, but that doesn't change my point. SE adjusted the wards that were available for FC only vs player only, and then further released more houses after realizing 6 Wards per district was in no way acceptable to the general player base.

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodes...ea1af7ef0cb27b

Free Company Housing
    Previous Revised
    Ward 1 to ward 18 Ward 1 to ward 9
    Private Housing
    Previous Revised
    Ward 19 to ward 24 Ward 10 to ward 24

All this did was further concentrate the demand onto even fewer houses than were already available.
    So in other words, reserve plots for the already haves and screw the have nots.
    I don't quite understand what you mean, if someone bids for the purpose of moving house, that still leaves an open plot in a different ward that those people can bid on. I don't understand how this inherently screws the "have nots" since they will still have the opportunity to bid (on a different property).

So you want to hand the system back over to RMT...they buy from RMT.
    I did not think of the bots/purchased accounts. You are absolutely correct on this.
    Players who only...of a game lottery.
    This would for sure lower real demand. Less window to bid, less bids. If you want something bad enough you can make the 15m it takes to check housing every 2-3 days.
    Stop with the stupid band-aid...on the GC QMs. Demand reduced.
    The only reason I make these "band-aid ideas" is because it is abundantly apparent that no matter how much the community complains, SE will never make instanced housing, or at least not for quite some time. Perhaps Island Sanctuary will be the reprieve for some of this but only time will tell.
    I agree workshops should be removed from housing. Gardening should at least allow a simple 3 plant garden for everyone to do crossbreeds.
    Grade 3 actions aside from the XP one are almost worthless. Having used them in the past, their benefit is marginal. Marginal benefits for extra effort being supplied seems fair if you're trying to min-max everything
    (0)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast