Player
    Character
    Sacro Light
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90

Recuperate is terrible.

How many times have you had this happen: You have been spamming your recuperate key, you have full mana, or near enough, even though its oGCD you haven't cast anything else and you have no GCD either, and it still takes 3 seconds of spamming for it to actually work. Hope you aren't already dead.

Seriously the terrible lag induced by this games netcode should be an embarrassment for a company the size of SE.

WoW had this problem... 10 years ago. They fixed it over a decade ago. Surely it is not beyond the means of a multi dollar company like SE to fix their games terrible input latency.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Piush Stumbleine
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    I am very sure they will remake the whole game engine for XIV that is already 12 years old and that was strung together with spaghetti
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Sacro Light
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanne View Post
    I am very sure they will remake the whole game engine for XIV that is already 12 years old and that was strung together with spaghetti
    They at least need to redo the netcode. And, as I said, other old MMO's have done this out of necessity, why should this game be exempt.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Niko'to Seleuca
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacro View Post
    They at least need to redo the netcode. And, as I said, other old MMO's have done this out of necessity, why should this game be exempt.
    it has my anime waifus
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tatsuya Sarugaku
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    My comments are mostly about FL, I dont play CC cus its trash but I agree. Everybody is a bullet sponge, most jobs can't even 1v1 without it becoming a slogfest with yoyoing HP bars. There is no room for any kind of carry potential or MVP plays unless you're SAM or NIN and even then that's only due to their 1 shot limit breaks.
    The amount of damage we can heal is way way too high imo. Didn't we already have 3 medical kits + healers before? Now we have 5 recuperate, that regen really fast, plus everyone has a tank defensive cd and whatever else SE thought to give you (haha huton), plus healers. The kits are overtuned for defence/healing.

My favourite part of pvp is the part where you need 5 players to dogpile a single melee player in FL, who then just recuperate to max hp lol.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tatsuya Sarugaku
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Forgot to mention you're spot on about the netcode as well. I love having to deal with such classics as "taking full damage with guard up", "killing me through a wall", "pressing a button but nothing happens because it's on the wrong side of the server tick interval". Homeatly pvp in ff14 will remain neglected until the GCD speed and netcode improves. Wow doesnt have this problem, all of their movement and attacks are snappy and responsive as hell compared to ff14. And ff14 is meant to be like 10 years younger than wow lmao
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Niko'to Seleuca
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    there's an edit button for your posts

see?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Garten Rei
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Honestly they could get rid of recuperate imho (in fl at least) or make It 5000 mp. I never use it. Or i dont need It, or i am already dead before i can use it. Also It makes Little skirmishes impossible, where nobody dies
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Angelus Reflex
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    You know what I love on NIN? Hitting my vanish so hard and so fast that I go back in time and somehow STILL get hit by someone's cast at light speed through some time loop paradox AFTER and DURING my invis. This games netcode during CC has been the most frustrating thing I've ever experienced in my 8 years of playing this game, this coming from a person that actually enjoys wiping with sprouts in dun scaith or any hard normal content for that matter. I love this game but goddamn was PvP a mistake.

Yoshi if you are reading this, please, PLEASE cancel enemy casts when I vanish on NIN oh and I also LOVE when my LB on PLD goes to waste as soon as I press it because the server decided that I died 2 seconds ago.

Obligatory: "Haha, Silly gaijin, our servers are supreme your western servers are inferior. We see no problems on our end."
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Sacro Light
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Annihilism View Post
    You know what I love on NIN? Hitting my vanish so hard and so fast that I go back in time and somehow STILL get hit by someone's cast at light speed through some time loop paradox AFTER and DURING my invis. This games netcode during CC has been the most frustrating thing I've ever experienced in my 8 years of playing this game, this coming from a person that actually enjoys wiping with sprouts in dun scaith or any hard normal content for that matter. I love this game but goddamn was PvP a mistake.

Yoshi if you are reading this, please, PLEASE cancel enemy casts when I vanish on NIN oh and I also LOVE when my LB on PLD goes to waste as soon as I press it because the server decided that I died 2 seconds ago.

Obligatory: "Haha, Silly gaijin, our servers are supreme your western servers are inferior. We see no problems on our end."
    I play with a 50ms latency and I get this non freaking stop. Like popping warrior LB and then hitting chaotic cyclone, the game decides i died, but then I see my damage happen...
    (1)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast