Player
    Character
    Gubble Bum
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90

Graphical error on female lalafel - Please fix

This has existed for such a long time now and it bothers me that it still exists til today. The previous post before was shelved as not enough information but I thought it was pretty clear what the issue is.

The nose specifically on female Lalafel using Face #4 + Nose #5 + Darken Nose Facial Feature enabled results in the polygons of the nose being flipped rendering the texturing incorrectly in that place and causing a texture issue on the face.

This appears not only to me but to everyone else in-game. Doesn't help when your character is in cutscenes with close-ups either. Being a 3D artist myself it looks like a vertex/normal issue with the polygon around the nose, so I know it is easily fixed.

Please fix this.

I grabbed screenshots of my character and a character in character creation as well. You can find them here https://imgur.com/a/sXIH8IQ

If you require more information please respond here and I can provide any further information.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Elfyn Finley
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    (I don't even know why this is a thing, it's so ugly, if it was red, it'd be cute at least........) Because I never used it I never noticed it. I do hope this post will get recognized since they work on graphical updates! So I look forward to the changes.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Mox Phlox
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    I wanted to pick this nose on face 4 but didn't because of the texture problem!!! No idea why the previous thread was shelved but thank you for making it again. Hope it gets fixed soon.
    (0)
    Last edited by moxphlox; 07-29-2022 at 03:24 AM. Reason: ps it's not ugly i love it

Player
    Character
    Maeve D'lyn
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Akamadoshi View Post
    (I don't even know why this is a thing, it's so ugly, if it was red, it'd be cute at least........)
    It's because lala, like all the og races, are direct copies of the races from ffxi, in this case Tarutaru, who also had dark noses, but they were generally looked much better in xi due to the, what are now, low end graphics. You also couldn't play a taru that didn't have a dark nose, at least they got rid of that restriction for the most part.

https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Tarutaru
    (0)