Naphtha Arthuritis
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80

The absolute state of Frontlines

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9K3oxzu_wRQ

I genuinely hate Summoners.

EDIT: I made another one because I'm uninspired and have too much free time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpcSFOfGUqU
    (14)
    Last edited by Naphtha; 07-01-2022 at 04:40 PM.

Character
    Grinning Serpent
    World
    Maduin
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 90
    I don't understand the SMN hate. The video you posted literally shows you answers to them. Snipe is an instagib with BH4 or higher, or with pretty much any BH plus a followup Drill (doesn't need to be analyzed.) MNK can already 100-0 any caster in the unbreakable Meteodrive combo, it requires even less (or can be done even if they are guarding) with BH. NIN can poke at range and then chain neck snaps together to rapidly hit BH5 and begin slapping SMN for about half their HP with Hyosho every 15 sec. AST/SCH buffs fuzz the math even more.

Yeah, Bahamut spam is dumb but as long as you aren't all clumped up it's really not a huge deal. And if you *are* clumped up, you deserve to get dumpstered by AOE spam.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Naphtha Arthuritis
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Gserpent View Post
    I don't understand the SMN hate. The video you posted literally shows you answers to them. Snipe is an instagib with BH4 or higher, or with pretty much any BH plus a followup Drill (doesn't need to be analyzed.) MNK can already 100-0 any caster in the unbreakable Meteodrive combo, it requires even less (or can be done even if they are guarding) with BH. NIN can poke at range and then chain neck snaps together to rapidly hit BH5 and begin slapping SMN for about half their HP with Hyosho every 15 sec. AST/SCH buffs fuzz the math even more.

Yeah, Bahamut spam is dumb but as long as you aren't all clumped up it's really not a huge deal. And if you *are* clumped up, you deserve to get dumpstered by AOE spam.
    Snipe isn't instagib at any BH unless the SMN isn't at full HP, I think I would know if that was the case.
    SMN LB range is too massive for you to reliably get in range to use Drill without getting blown up by their team, so using the Drill + LB combo (Which isn't a guaranteed kill, though it can kill from full HP at BH4 or 5) is not exactly safe as you will probably die afterwards due to animation lock for Marksman's Spite
    Also you expect MNK/NIN to dive into the enemy alliance to kill the summoners and not get blown to bits before even getting halfway across to said summoner?

Maybe try playing some Frontlines lmao, none of what you said works reliably unless you're fine trading your life for a summoner's, and with how maps are designed, teams are forced to clump together for the objectives most of the time, so I'm not sure what you're supposed to do there.

Are you just trying to sound smart by making up bogus points in response to a meme video?
    (8)

Character
    Grinning Serpent
    World
    Maduin
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 90
    No, I'm just someone who plays and wins about 60% of FL games since the revamp went through, instead of whining about something you can just learn to play around.

Drill is too short-ranged? Weird, I mostly play NIN and I have zero issues fighting both in melee or at 25yd range. As for snipe not instagibbing, 36000 * 1.5 = 54000. It's 50.4 at BH4 (1.4x dmg.) Where are you seeing 54k HP Summoners?
    (2)
    Last edited by Gserpent; 06-10-2022 at 05:23 AM.

Character
    Grinning Serpent
    World
    Maduin
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 90
    I didn't change the math. I pointed out that the 28800 you were fixating on was due to the SMN's defense buff. An LB5 snipe with 20% DR is 43.2k damage, which puts them into death range of even a standard drill (51.2k total damage.)

You tried to be cute with the 28800 but forgot (or weren't aware) that SMN has a 20% DR buff they can give themselves or others. I'm simply correcting you on that. Why are you so mad?
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Altria Pendragons
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    I don't know why you guys bother to argue over artificial mathematic number.
    When people start to bring one specific job to Frontline, that job is inline on the chopping block.
    More active job get a nerf, less played job get a buff, that is how it works in MMORPG balance.
    It is also just matter time they bring back defuff on all range job to frontline anyway.

If you want to speed up the process, play Summoner to make it go faster to the guillotine lol
    (5)

Character
    Grinning Serpent
    World
    Maduin
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 90
    FL changes are most likely going to come in the form of global modifiers, LB charge timer adjustments (which has basically been confirmed, and does make sense), and maybe damage fall-off ("18k to primary target, 50% less to all others", etc.) I would *hope* they're not going to make specific class changes based off FL.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Altria Pendragons
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Gserpent View Post
    FL changes are most likely going to come in the form of global modifiers, LB charge timer adjustments (which has basically been confirmed, and does make sense), and maybe damage fall-off ("18k to primary target, 50% less to all others", etc.) I would *hope* they're not going to make specific class changes based off FL.
    They are not going to Nerf/Buff a job radically similar to Foolish Biizzard on how to destroy their own game
    They have two target audiences, CC and Frontline
    It is more efficient and smart by place debuff on ranges and buff melee damage reduction for Frontline
    They have done in the past and proven working
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Naphtha Arthuritis
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Divinemights View Post
    I don't know why you guys bother to argue over artificial mathematic number.
    When people start to bring one specific job to Frontline, that job is inline on the chopping block.
    More active job get a nerf, less played job get a buff, that is how it works in MMORPG balance.
    It is also just matter time they bring back defuff on all range job to frontline anyway.

If you want to speed up the process, play Summoner to make it go faster to the guillotine lol
    Summoner isn't even that strong outside of the LB, making it so subsequent Megaflares do 75% less dmg to the same target will more than likely stop it being the most played job in FL.

Though I wouldn't mind a dmg decrease to ranged attacks in the form of some slight DR to melee jobs since I'm seeing like 80% of people in a match playing ranged while the rest play melee, specially in Secure (personal experience, could be wrong).

I just hope SE doesn't drop the ball and swing the pendulum from one extreme to another by giving us another Dragoon domination saga, that wasn't very fun either, so I'm just fucking around with what I got till next patch.
    (2)
    Last edited by Naphtha; 06-10-2022 at 01:40 PM.

Player
    Character
    Altria Pendragons
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Naphtha View Post
    Summoner isn't even that strong outside of the LB, making it so subsequent Megaflares do 75% less dmg to the same target will more than likely stop it being the most played job in FL.

Though I wouldn't mind a dmg decrease to ranged attacks in the form of some slight DR to melee jobs since I'm seeing like 80% of people in a match playing ranged while the rest play melee, specially in Secure (personal experience, could be wrong).

I just hope SE doesn't drop the ball and swing the pendulum from one extreme to another by giving us another Dragoon domination saga, that wasn't very fun either, so I'm just fucking around with what I got till next patch.
    Do you even know how debuff works?
    All meeles and tanks takes 50% less damage and 20% damage increase to all meeles in frontline (the percentage is also adjustable)
    It has been in Frontline between 4.5 to 6.1 and I yet to see any range job is so called "unplayble"
    This is a fair treatment to take away range advantage in PvP
    (0)

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast