Player
    Character
    Aurelie Moonsong
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90

Cutscene in the Praetorium before Gaius fight

This isn't strictly localisation but it is about the game script, and I'm not sure where else to put it.

Back when MSQ roulette cutscenes were player-controlled, there were some dialogue options in the cutscene where Gaius confronts us on the elevator.

"Tell me... for whom do you fight?"

[player gets dialogue options, though "For Eorzea" seems to be the only real choice]

"Hmph! How very glib. And do you believe in Eorzea?"

Ever since the cutscenes were switched to auto-scrolling, we have no opportunity to choose dialogue here, and all our character does is give a silent puzzled look – but Gaius gives the same response as if we had spoken.

At the time I had assumed it would be a temporary measure until the dungeon was redesigned and cutscenes re-edited or made skippable again – but now here we are, the revamp has been carried out and Gaius is still managing to derive "for Eorzea" out of our speechless expression.

If there are no further alterations planned for the dungeon overall, I think this scene really needs to be edited to show our character giving a spoken response to Gaius's question. Not one that we hear or read, of course, but the common animation of silently talking in response to another character.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Billy Shears
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    I'd have to agree. One can't really be glib without speaking, and I always found it odd that Gaius said "how glib," when we didn't utter a word.

I joined about a year ago, and now I realize why that odd interaction takes place. Makes sense that we used to actually give an answer.
    (1)
    "If you pay attention to the world, it's an amazing place. If you don't, it's whatever you think it is.” – Reggie Watts

Player
    Character
    Baxcel Farshot
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    They did a slight tweak to it at least, before the MSQ changes we just stared at him blankly like a deep. Now with the story changes we stare at him and kinda glare/growl/bare fangs at least as a Hroth we do.

But yeah I was mentioning this to a friend of mine and he had completely forgotten we originally had choices at that part.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lala Felon
    World
    Zurvan
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80
    Thank you OP, yes, something there would make more sense, and yes, the silent talking animation would be a good choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Baxcel View Post
    They did a slight tweak to it at least, before the MSQ changes we just stared at him blankly like a deep. Now with the story changes we stare at him and kinda glare/growl/bare fangs at least as a Hroth we do.
    hehe, Lala used to do a little 'query' head tilt and this little 'Oh' face there:

I must look how we do it now.
    (0)

Thanks for raising this! We've passed it along to the devs, so we'll see what kind of fix is possible.
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Lukh'a Lybhica
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    Could we please get the dialogue options back for this now that it's been revamped? Maybe set it up so that it automatically selects the first option if you take too long to make a selection, to keep it from 'holding up' the run if someone is afk?

Losing the options is the one thing that really bothered me about those cutscenes being made unskippable.
    (1)