Player
    Character
    Sephirina Faye
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 90

Bi-Color Gems for Old FATEs

Hello, I am pretty new still to the game. I just got to the end of Endwalker like month or so ago. As I was leveling my crafters I noticed Leather and Alchemy materials really Sucked to farm. Until I got to Shadowbringers.
    I was wondering is it possible to have Bi-Color Gems and vendors for the old Content. Maybe change the name so people don't Farm low Level FATEs for Endwalker Materials.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Edge Void
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Old fates could be problematic, as SE did not give them immunities, a Blu can one shot just about everything up to lv 50 (60?)
    So if they did that they would defiantly need to make those fates immune to death moves.

But in general its not a bad idea.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Jojoya Joya
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    I doubt they'd add bi-color gems when those FATEs already award GC seals, which are valuable to new characters trying to gain rank and get their squadrons leveled, some crafters and FCs trying to build up workshops.

It would probably be better for SE to add the materials needed for ARR level LTW and ALC not already available at Material Suppliers or from BTN/MIN/FSH to vendors if that's the main concern.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Marshmallow Puff
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 82
    There’s the market board.
    You can also send retainers to gather mats while you do something else. At high level with decent gear (at lvl 90, 573 gear for max returns at all levels on battle retainers and 3420 perception for mining/botany - you need a lot less for the old mats) they should be able to bring you back 50 of each older mat and 15 of lvl 90 mats save for the rare mats which come in lesser quantities.
    (1)
    Last edited by Toutatis; 06-09-2022 at 06:18 PM.

Player
    Character
    Kaimir Barone
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Toutatis View Post
    There’s the market board.
    You can also send retainers to gather mats while you do something else. At high level with decent gear (at lvl 90, 573 gear for max returns at all levels on battle retainers and 3420 perception for mining/botany - you need a lot less for the old mats) they should be able to bring you back 50 of each older mat and 15 of lvl 90 mats save for the rare mats which come in lesser quantities.
    these things are also available for 71-90 as well so I don't see the reason to mention, you have to take in account that bicolor is a different system that does not utilizes gil or venture and bicolor mostly use is to keep FATEs something worth doing adn that does not require leveling your non-combat classes in any way.

I do concur that making bicolor retroactive is very cool, principally now that they are reworking msq for ARR dungeon and everything, it would be cool to have other ways to reach those materials without the need to relying onother player(MB) or DoH/DoL. And helps making FATEs for arr/hw/sb relevant even if they add a different currency like, say "monocolor gems" for those.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Leon Reddas
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 77
    Old FATES give GC seals, but the reward was replaced with Bi-colour gemstones ShB onwards. If you can easily accumulate GC seals and you wouldn't care if it was not no longer a reward then cool, but not everyone generates currency that quickly. It's also extremely boring to sync down to a low level FATE, even if they are easy to do with just one button to spam.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Kesey Stryker
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    I think a lower reward of bi-color gemstones for old fates is appropriate.

Although I don't think they should ask us to regrind the old areas. Just add a vendor for each expansion (ARR, HW, SB) in their hubs and let them sell the monster drop materials, riding maps, a new minion, a new orchestrion, and maybe a mount or new glam.

This way they are parable with the ones that come later in the game. The ARR fates should drop 6, HW 8, and SB 10. This will also solve the issue of players who have accumulated bi-colors but don't have things to spend them on before unlocking the better prizes in ShB and EW.

This will incentivize other players to help with fates in lower zones, which in turn helps the new players and makes the world more alive. Plus everyone gets new prizes without overwhelming them with more things to grind.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Viorel Amala
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidedge_Ragna View Post
    Old fates could be problematic, as SE did not give them immunities, a Blu can one shot just about everything up to lv 50 (60?)
    So if they did that they would defiantly need to make those fates immune to death moves.

But in general its not a bad idea.
    but then what else would blu use death on?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    M'leineya Leoh
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    There are allied seals and centurio seals which I think you can buy certain crafting materials from but not everything like monster drops, and I think you can also purchase some with poetics too. I get that the drop rate sucks or rather the farming itself sucks since there is a chance of getting 3-5 items per mob. My suggestion would be to level your retainers to go fetch a few of the skins whilst you do other things so you're not constantly grinding for them. They don't bring back a lot even with high level gear but it's better than nothing.
    (0)
    Gaius van Baelsar: Nor is this unknown to your masters. Which prompts the question: what came first, the chicken or the egg?