Player
    Character
    Phidaissi Sol
    World
    Sephirot
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90

Scenario guide map doesn't show MSQ icon as red when requirements aren't met

This is to pick up the MSQ quest Good Intentions.
    I have not yet met the third requirement of having done The Naval (Hard), so when I go there the quest is red and I cannot pick it up.
    However, the scenario guide does not correctly reflect this when displaying a map to the next quest.

World name: Sephirot
    NPC name: Minfilia
    Area and coordinates: Mor Dhona

First methd:
    1. With MSQ at the point of suggesting I pick up the quest Good Intentions, but failing to meet the requirement of completing The Naval (Hard)
    2. Click the Scenario Guide to show the location of the quest on the map.
    3. Map shows Mor Dhona with main quest icon at roughly (20.6, 19.9), but it is not red to indicate it is locked.

Second method:
    1. As above.
    2. Travel to Revenant's Toll in Mor Dhona.
    3. Click the Scenario Guide to show the location of the quest on the map.
    4. Map shows main quest icon at roughly (21.8, 8.8), but it is not red to indicate it is locked:

It is not shown on mini-map at this point:

Third method
    1. As above.
    2. Enter the Rising Stones within Revenant's Toll in Mor Dhona.
    3. Proceed through and enter The Solar.
    4. Move to Minfilia and discover that quest is red and cannot be accepted.
    5. Click the Scenario Guide to show the location of the quest on the map.
    6. Map shows main quest icon, but it is not red to indicate it is locked, yet the icon above Minfilia is clearly red and cannot be accepted:

It is shown correctly on the mini-map when you are in The Solar. Which of course means you had to travel to Mor Dhona and approach Minfilia for it to be displayed here.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aurelie Moonsong
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    I would assume it is because you have a job which can take the quest, even though you cannot currently accept it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Phidaissi Sol
    World
    Sephirot
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Why reply when you have not read anything beyond the title?
    I cannot accept it because i have not cleared a trial, it's the second sentence of my post.
    That's not job specific.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rica Elak'ha
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    I think it might be working as intended. After all, the Scenario Guide can only show you the next quest location, not unlock requirements. People would be confused if the Quest showed up red, so the Guide leads you to the place that actually tells you what to do in order to unlock.
    (0)

I'm taking Lore way too seriously. And I'm not sorry about that.

Player
    Character
    Phidaissi Sol
    World
    Sephirot
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by RicaRuin View Post
    I think it might be working as intended. After all, the Scenario Guide can only show you the next quest location, not unlock requirements. People would be confused if the Quest showed up red, so the Guide leads you to the place that actually tells you what to do in order to unlock.
    It shows as red on the minimap.
    It shows as red above Minfilia's head.
    It shows as red on the map too if you open it via a method other than scenario guide, such as by pressing M.
    It only doesn't when you click the scenario guide, the one time when I am actually looking specifically for such information.

In every other context a quest that you cannot accept is displayed as red, it's confusing when it's not because there's no reason for it to behave differently only if you click the scenario guide.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aurelie Moonsong
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Phidaissi View Post
    Why reply when you have not read anything beyond the title?
    I cannot accept it because i have not cleared a trial, it's the second sentence of my post.
    That's not job specific.
    Sorry, I did rewrite my post on further thought; I'm not sure which version you read. I didn't intend to post it just yet.

I think it's in a tricky spot because the primal trials (and now CT) are the only time where MSQ is locked by a sidequest like this. For any other quest, your ability to accept the next MSQ quest simply relies on having a battle job at the correct level.

Having tested in the game just now, there does seem to be some level of inconsistency. For my character who is at level 76 MSQ, the icon will appear yellow if currently equipped with a level 55 battle job but red as a crafter or BLU.
    (0)