Character
    Hope Sunflame
    World
    Twintania
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90

Yoshi P's Statement on Network Delay/Packet Loss

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...a451d5a8daa66f

They released this statement a bit ago. I skimmed it, and seems that it's finally under their radar - although they do mention it's because Japanese players are having this issue at the moment...
    They do include the fact that they'll look into things for other parts of the world too.

I do see that they want us to give them information (again) about things like where we live, ISP, timeframes when the delays may spike, etc.

Honestly from what I'm getting this isn't anything regarding issues like animation locks and ping reliance. Which is a bummer when they mention packet-spoofing as against rules and avoided addressing it in the third-party tools notice too. Oh well, maybe I'm wrong?

Thoughts?
    (11)
    Mortal Fist

Player
    Character
    Muirgel Caterwaul
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    It's kind of disheartening - I'm worried that the tunnel vision on packet loss will drown out the animation lock issue, which is both more immediately important to overseas players and a lot easier to address. I remember this exchange (https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/...=1#post5926244) all too well. It was pretty frustrating.
    (18)

Player
    Character
    Deedlit Parn
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 90
    "Since 6.1"
    Pure comedy.
    "There's no issue on our dev server."
    Hmm.
    And nothing on animation lock.

Absolutely out of touch.
    (41)

Player
    Character
    Viktor Fontaine
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Blue Mage Lv 80
    "We are currently investigating the matter; however, we have not detected any issues on the development server."

no shit, really?
    (34)

Player
    Character
    Larirawiel Caennalys
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Deedlit View Post
    "Since 6.1"
    Pure comedy.
    Hmm.

Absolutely out of touch.

Cheers
    (25)

Player
    Character
    Ravor Elliard
    World
    Atomos
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    "Since 6.1"
    Pure comedy.
    Hmm.

Absolutely out of touch.
    They are out of touch this time specifically on matter regarding many player in japan server or any server at all didnt actually playing in japan or the supposed region of the server...... i dont know how they can solve that aside making more server on other region, but look at oceania..... there are some positive with also some negative as well, cant win at everything I suppose
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Hope Sunflame
    World
    Twintania
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravor View Post
    They are out of touch this time specifically on matter regarding many player in japan server or any server at all didnt actually playing in japan or the supposed region of the server...... i dont know how they can solve that aside making more server on other region, but look at oceania..... there are some positive with also some negative as well, cant win at everything I suppose
    I mean, animation lock affects combat. Combat. I don't see myself as a person inclined to make demanding statements but.. I don't care, they should fix this. They can make up on not winning elsewhere.
    (7)
    Mortal Fist

Player
    Character
    Deceptus Keelon
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    "Since 6.1"
    Pure comedy.
    Hmm.

Absolutely out of touch.
    Reminder, they said the exact same thing about the log in authentication error when Endwalker dropped. Until players starting looking deep into it and provided enough foolproof data (that Yoshi-P should have already had).

Then he said "oops, it was an old code bug we missed, sorry"
    (18)
    Last edited by Deceptus; 05-25-2022 at 09:19 PM.

Player
    Character
    Sodapop Jam
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    I knew it!
    They say it's mostly on Japan, but we've been suspecting there was a problem with the game as we've been experiencing disconnects and heavy lag these past weeks while raiding.

Yesterday, we were reclearing savage while chilling on discord, and we had a few DCs. I, in particular, had lots of lag while the call seemed to be fine. This seems to confirm it was related to the game after all.

We are all somewhere in Latin America, so at first we assumed it was our usually less than mediocre ISPs, but the discord calls seemed to be fine while the game was lagging super bad. I could even be on Twitch and everything seemed to run fine except for FFXIV.

I've always disliked that on this game a super short service interruption ceaces your connection to the server. It's the only game I play that doesn't try to reconnect a few secs BEFORE actually closing your connection.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Sebazy Spiritwalker
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Where was this sort of response when the EU data centre had horrible rubber banding in dutys back in Sigmascape? =(
    (15)
    ~ WHM / badSCH / Snob ~ http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/871132/ ~

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast