Player
    Character
    Jamany Knightstalker
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90

Missing Equipment

When submitting a bug report, please use the below template and thoroughly fill out the necessary information.
    05/21/2022
    Once
    Coeurl
    Jamany Knightstalker
    90 Paladin
    1. Logged out of server as normal
    2. Logged in on 05/22/2022
    3. sword and shield that were equipped were GONE
    4. Contacted GM
    Have heard nothing. From GM's, square enix, etc. Called Square Enix and was told it is not an "uncommon thing". But that it is an in-game issue and a GM will have to deal with it. Since it has been 48 hours and NO GM's have gotten in touch with me...I have no idea where to go from here. When you have one main 90 and you have no equipment left to do your raids and your dungeons.....It makes you wonder why you would spend so much time getting the best gear if you are just going to delete it and not do anything about it...

Date & Time:
    Frequency:
    World name:
    Character name:
    Retainer name:
    NPC name:
    Monster name:
    Class/Level:
    Party or solo:
    In-game time:
    Area and coordinates:
    Housing:
    Steps:
    *Add more steps if necessary

Connection Specs
    - Type of internet connection/provider:
    - Modem maker/model number:

■ PC Specs

To obtain the system information, open the FFXIV launcher and select Config → System Information → Display.

-=-=-=-=- System Information -=-=-=-=-

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Laptop Model Name:
    Laptop Model Number:

Gamepad Manufacturer:
    Gamepad Model Name:
    Gamepad Part Number:

Browser Information
    - Name and version of the browser currently in-use:
    - Internet Explorer Version:

------------------------------------------------------

■ PS4 Specs

Model Number of the PlayStation®4 You Are Using
    - Model Number:

Model Number of the PlayStation®Vita You Are Using
    - Model Number:

Information About the Peripherals You Are Using
    -Type:
    -Maker:
    -Model Number:
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Oscarlet Oirellain
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    As they said, it's an issue for GMs not for Square Enix support generally because it is an issue in the game and not with your account and billing, your computer or the function of their websites.

As we suggested previously https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/...sing-Equipment

Try clicking the recommended gear button.

If it doesn't find the missing items, try /isearch Radiant and after that click "search for item" on the items that come up to see where they are located.

You can upgrade the crafted classical gear to 590 now that 6.1 is out.
    You do currently have a weapon equipped because it's impossible not to, but it's the moonward one instead of the radiant one.
    (2)
    Last edited by Jeeqbit; 05-24-2022 at 10:06 PM.
    In other news, there is no technical debt from 1.0.
    "We don't have ... a technological issue that was carried over from 1.0, because ARR was meant to kind of discard what we had from 1.0 and rebuild it from the engine."
    https://youtu.be/ge32wNPaJKk?t=560

Player
    Character
    Jamany Knightstalker
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90

FYI

The items are not here. And since Square Enix has ADMITTED that it is a KNOWN glitch that has been left unfixed.....it is their problem. They are welcome to rollback my character data to saturday before I logged off so I get my equipment back. But they have not responded to anything. And leaving people in the lurch seems to be their only response after they admit their own fault. All I want is what I had when I logged off. What they stole from me. What took me weeks and weeks to get. That is all I want. The GMS don't even have the ability to respond.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Oscarlet Oirellain
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    A lot of people that get a rollback say it takes weeks/months for it to happen and it reverts any achievements or items they got in the months it took them to do the rollback.

They can restore an item that was deleted but only one time ever. I'm not sure if that is an option if it was a data loss issue though.
    (0)
    "We don't have ... a technological issue that was carried over from 1.0, because ARR was meant to kind of discard what we had from 1.0 and rebuild it from the engine."

Player
    Character
    Billy Shears
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    You seem to misunderstand the definition of steal, and the way you are using it has a bad connotation that implies some employee at SE willfully removed your items.

You can have the benefit of the doubt (that they are actually missing), but you gotta stop the hyperbole and the insinuation that someone is perpetuating evil against you. That's paranoid, it's silly, and it's misplaced frustration and anger. I'm sorry, but neither you nor I are important enough for a random SE employee to want to head to a terminal somewhere, look up our accounts, and then remove items from our characters for no reason at all.

Just think. You have a sweet job at SE. And you'd risk that just for some really random LOLs? LOLs with no significance at all? We're not even famous players, you or I. We're nobodies. There's no motive - as any detective with any sort of reasonable training or expertise would tell ya.

You can be upset that a mistake or bug happened, or that some confusion is at play, but keeping up with this idea that the items have been stolen from you is hyperbolic, unnecessary, and to be blunt, ridiculous.

You need to clarify, for yourself, the difference between a bug, a mistake, and theft. Use Google and Wikipedia if you want, or ask a parent. Taking this attitude that someone is "out to get you" doesn't end well. That kind of internal heat can lead to really bad things (take a look at the news) ... especially when the anger is made-up and has no basis in reality.

The lesson to take away from this is that just because you've lost something does not mean it has been stolen from you, and to make that sort of snap judgment points to instability in the mind. Like, literally, it's not a sound judgment at all. Honestly, I shouldn't be the one trying to teach this to you; it should have been done already, before you were of an acceptable age to play this game.

Good luck.
    (2)
    Last edited by Breakbeat; 05-25-2022 at 05:48 AM. Reason: Clarity.

Player
    Character
    Jamany Knightstalker
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Breakbeat..I will address you directly...the Game...stole..as in deleted...as in..removed...as in is not in my inventory or character any longer. This bug has actually been in the game since 2018 as SE has admitted. A data rollback would prove it..but they are about 2 weeks behind on them so they state...even though I tried. I use this game to play with my kids who do not live at home anymore. I do not have 15 level 90s. I used to actually work in the industry so am very familiar with SE and with how things work. Gms are NOT in game like you think. The auto response you get...is for a reason. Maybe they should take some GM notes from their predecessors.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Oscarlet Oirellain
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by justice40 View Post
    I used to actually work in the industry so am very familiar with SE and with how things work. Gms are NOT in game like you think. The auto response you get...is for a reason. Maybe they should take some GM notes from their predecessors.
    I mean, GMs are not strictly in the game because they respond to tickets through email and even use the forums, but what I mean is their focus is on problems that you experience in the game either with your character or with your interactions with others, whereas other support staff are offering things like account login and billing support or technical support to resolve problems with your computer, graphics settings or network settings that are preventing you from playing the game.

The templates used for responses make a lot of sense when you are writing the same thing to different people every day. There is no point in rewriting it in a different way every time. The templates get changed a bit if there is something extra they want to say to you.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aurelie Moonsong
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by justice40 View Post
    This bug has actually been in the game since 2018 as SE has admitted.
    Admitted where? What have they said?

If it was a known glitch that happens to people semi-regularly, I would expect it to be among the list of long-term issues that people raise to complain about SE, but I don't recall any mention of such a thing.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Jamany Knightstalker
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    We have it recorded as we spoke on the phone. They were asked if they were aware of the bug as there are notices of it all the way back to 2018. Reply " we are aware of it. But the few hundred that it affects are not an issue." That was their only response on it. And she kept repeating that statement. So if you are the few hundred...you are screwed.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aurelie Moonsong
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Assuming you do have evidence of these "notices all the way back to 2018" of people's gear going missing spontaneously, how can you be certain it's a single cause if you don't know what caused it to happen?

People reporting they've lost gear could be down to any number of factors – misplaced, accidentally discarded, bought the wrong item by mistake. Maybe they found it in their inventory the next day, but never withdrew the bug report.

If you know of previous cases, it's in your own interest to show them here where the tech support people will see it.
    (2)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast