Character
    Kedha Elakha
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 90

MCH Glitch or Crazy Mechanic?

Hi,

I am trying Machinist on a job skip and for some reason when I attack an enemy the only direction I can move is straight into them. This does not make sense for a ranged character. Anyone have any clue on this. It is quite possible I am being a idiot as well. TIA!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Myon Miya
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    Check the general and target tabs in your character configuration settings. Sounds like you're using the 'standard' type control scheme as well as have 'Automatically face target when using action' enabled. That combination would produce that effect.

You want to keep the latter setting as it's quite a useful function, but most people just use the 'legacy' type control scheme instead. It's better 99% of the time and doesn't cause weird interactions like that.
    (1)
    Last edited by Myon88; 05-23-2022 at 04:20 PM.

Player
    Character
    Cassia Kaedhan
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    Sorry it's been a very long while but I believe it's in your character configuration.

I forgot if it was the Legacy camera settings or if there was a "turn your character towards the target when attacking" option.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kedha Elakha
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 90

TY

Thanks so much - found and fixed!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Martyn Dracht
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    If you want to use Standard camera controls you can also turn your character as you attack and you'll continue to move in the same direction while attacking.
    (0)