Character
    Bastien Grey
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90

Furnishing preview

Hi everyone,

So, I got my first house ever in FF14 in Empyrium. I am trying to decorate it but one thing that really annoys me and puts me off is that I cannot view the furniture item before I buy if from NPC or market board. Is there such feature? Am I missing something?

What I am basically asking for is a similar feature as gear "try on". I want to see the item before I buy it in a full size, those little icons are just not enough to tell if I like it or not.

I am not a player who sits on endless amount of gil and cannot afford to just buy all and discard what I don't like. I think such feature should be in game, just right click preview option, all I am asking for.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Coven Whitewolf
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Yes you can. You can preview any furniture item in the game with the Preview. It's in the Housing menu as one of the first selections in the list. There is a preview for both inside and outside. You just have to be in or out of your residence, or one that you have permission to furnish.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Ilisidi Malguri
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 90
    There is a housing catalog. When you are in the house/garden open the housing menu and it should have the catalog accessible. You can also try colors there.

It doesn't have everything, but most everything. (No event items)
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Jojoya Joya
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    There is a Preview Outdoor/Indoor Furnishing option in the housing menu right above Adjust Lighting. It includes every furnishing available except for seasonal event items. Unfortunately it doesn't include the fixtures like wall coverings, flooring and chandeliers (hopefully that will be added sometime in the future). You can preview the different dye colors on the furnishing if it can be dyed as well.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Bastien Grey
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Alright, thanks. So I have to be inside the house. I think having that option directly in vendor menu or market board would be still better than running back between the house and seller but at least something. Thanks everyone!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Coven Whitewolf
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    You can also look at FFXIV Housing for most things. They don't have everything up to view, but you might be able to check out something you are looking at: https://en.ff14housing.com/
    (3)