Player
    Character
    Cassius Rex
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Dikatis View Post
    And yet dynamis can be used by people to break their physical limits in tandem with aetheric techniques like those used by the Disciples of War and Magic.
    Can it? We still have nothing admissible as proof outside of a single Endsinger quote, and even that remains suspect for a variety of reasons.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Lleu Macnia
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Absimiliard View Post
    Can it? We still have nothing admissible as proof outside of a single Endsinger quote, and even that remains suspect for a variety of reasons.
    The Omega questline examines why a puny mortal like WoL is able to triumph over god-like beings like primals and Omega who possess more aether than them. The conclusion it comes to is that people have "a heart" and "a soul" that drives them to gain power beyond their limits. This is something that Omega, an immensely powerful weapon of war, did not have.

Come Endwalker, it's patently obvious that the thing allowing us to exceed our mortal limits and battle these god-like beings is dynamis, which is manipulated subconsciously through powerful emotions. Hence the "Breaking your limits as only a Warrior of Light can".

People are subconsciously able to use dynamis in tandem with their usual aetheric attacks and is the reason why the people of the shards have no problems fighting people from the Source despite being "weaker" if we go purely by aetheric density.
    (5)
    Last edited by Dikatis; 05-23-2022 at 05:47 AM.

Player
    Character
    Cassius Rex
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    "Breaking your limits as only a Warrior of Light can" also pops up in plenty of situations that lack the supposed emotional prerequisites for exceeding one's limits through Dynamis. Anyone can go beyond their limits if they're willing to exert themselves to the fullest. It just has severe has consequences if you do it too often or for too long, although the WoL never seems to get slapped with said consequences. Heck, look at Zenos. We learned from developer commentary that he pushed himself so hard in his last fight with us that he wrecked his own body.
    (3)
    Last edited by Absimiliard; 05-23-2022 at 05:49 AM.

Player
    Character
    Lihtleita Lonstyrmwyn
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    we really need another lore Q+A dont we?
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Elmind Exilus
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by BaroLlyonesse View Post
    I found part of this in another thread, but no answer, and I don't think it's right.

Can anyone point to a specific line of text in the game or a live letter or interview or some official sources that states limit breaks are Dynamis-powered? Not something like 'Dynamis is emotional energy and Limit Breaks are when you get desperate/angry therefore...' because that's a bad connection, and also that not how limit breaks used to be described. They used to be 'synergy' powered, where a bunch of adventurers get together and the teamwork created limit attacks.

I can't find anything anywhere I look. Before I really buy into the idea, I'd like to see some actual reference.
    In the battle against the Endsinger (Final Day), she straight up calls your use of the LB3 dynamis. I'm not sure why people are acting like that's meaningless other than being intentionally obtuse. If anything, it's even clearer in Japanese, where the line is "This is dynamis." Debate over. Period. The "entirety" of the evidence is simple the most irrevocable, clear-cut evidence possible that it is dynamis.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Sanna Rosewood
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by KariTheFox View Post
    "There are three players in The Final Day. One of them is an statistician and one of them is a logician and one of them is a mathematician.

And they have just watched the tank use LB3, and they see Endsinger respond with "Dynamis...?"

And the statistician says, 'Look, limit breaks are caused by dynamis!' And the logician says, 'No, no, tank limit breaks are caused by dynamis, at least during The Final Day.' And the mathematician says, 'No. Endsinger appears to have stated 'Dynamis...' during a time when a tank limit break was used.'
    -Andrew Ryan, founder of Rapture probably
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Sanna Rosewood
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Lihtleita View Post
    we really need another lore Q+A dont we?
    Yes, between two ferns or Kate having taken a list to Oda-san.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Lythia Norvaine
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    It's worth noting that the known world has just gone through a massive paradigm shift in natural science. Dynamis was an esoteric field of study that most people didn't know about, and the few that did considered it to be a mere curiosity. Now we've seen that it can be world-changing, and there'll be a surge of interest. It's a bit like the jump from Classical Mechanics to Quantum Mechanics. A lot of the things that were previously attributed to aether will likely have to be reviewed and re-evaluated using the framework of this new concept. We have no consistent 'Word of God' explanation, only theories from characters. And it's better that way, because it lets us piece together the puzzle as the story unfolds.

I personally hope that Dynamis continues to be expanded over the next storyline, especially in the context of the Void and Void magic. It's especially interesting in the context of the Garleans, because a lack of proficiency for aether manipulation might translate into a proficiency with dynamis.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Lihtleita Lonstyrmwyn
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyth View Post
    It's especially interesting in the context of the Garleans, because a lack of proficiency for aether manipulation might translate into a proficiency with dynamis.
    I wonder if thats why Thancred could do the thing in Ultima Thule without needing it explained to him
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Ruin Darkstride
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Striker44 View Post
    it's even clearer in Japanese, where the line is "This is dynamis."
    I was wondering if it was any more or less clearly stated in other languages. In English I already find that the way she pronounces "Dynamis" alone indicates that she is in fact directly referring the the WoL's ability to withstand her attack.
    (5)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast