Player
    Character
    Kick Rox
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90

Bring back additionals for FL exclusively or Fetter Ward as "duty action" maybe?

I don't hit the forums often, but long time PvPer and used to be a staple in Crystal DC FL community & have a 64/64 CWLS made up of most of the competitive daily Frontlines players, pre 6.1. Just hoping to further voice the issues with FL and who knows, maybe get some of the community behind a resolution & appeal to any SE liaisons etc.

First, I just want to clarify that I understand to an extent where SE is coming from. Crys Conflict is the new 'product" that we should be focused on & from their POV you don't want older content being more appealing/fun than your new shiny, flashy content that a lot people, that cost a lot of $ worked really hard on. But it does seem like there was little to know testing of new mechs effect on Frontlines.

I also understand that a lot of the noise is coming from show-boaters that are just salty that they can't get BH5 then fetterward > bloodbath into a zerg with a Rescue in their back pocket any more. (I might be/am definitely one of these players.)

But there are a substantial amount of players in addition to the 64 of us that really miss the strategy, challenge & tbh community that FL offered. I also think it's a pretty simple fix: Bring back the "Additional" PvP role-based actions, but only allow them to be used Frontlines. (RW is getting a re-work and I imagine will be designed around new kits.)

I also imagine FL, if it's being kept in game long-term, could get a re-work as well, but until then, having access to those additionals solves a fair amount (not all) of the issues that now makes playing FL as certain jobs very little fun. I realize this would only offer Melee DPS immunity to CC via fetterward, so it might be prudent to give Tanks access to it as well.

A different solution would be to give Fetter ward / resilience to any job via an additional or a "duty action" like the Lost actions of Bozja Southern Front.

Or.. find a way to fix the vulnerability between purify and resilience. But please, for the sake of a much larger group than you probably imagine, consider these changes.

I'd love to hear any other practical suggestions / input. Thanks,

KR
    (4)
    You Tube Kick Rox for the best PvP videos!

Player
    Character
    V'ox Bolt
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by KickRox View Post
    I realize this would only offer Melee DPS immunity to CC via fetterward, so it might be prudent to give Tanks access to it as well.
    I mean, if Fetter Ward would be to return it would make more sense that it wouldn't be a Melee-only action. Unless they want to bring back all actions, and then MCH would have a bigass Concentrate + Analysis + Drill to add yet another nuke on his arsenal. Or give WAR Weapon Throw so he can get another pull aside from Blota, like it used to be on the old days of Weapon Throw + Holmgang lock. Or have Healers running around with Esuna that they can put on other people ASIDE from Purify, which would make WHM even more of a pest.
    (0)