Player
    Character
    Glamazon Amazonia
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90

Now is our chance hopefully

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/ur3xh0/announcing_an_ama_with_the_ffxi_dev_team_in/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

Everyone go here to post a question to the devs about healers hopefully one of our question is picked for them to answer

Please focus on synergy between healing and dps abilities and making dps more engaging
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Laudrian Ravenstorm
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    That thread is for FFXI though... I don't think they change FFXIV's healers.
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Aylin Bielawska
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    "Dear FFXI devs:
    Why do you think healers are more satisfying to play in FFXI as opposed to FFXIV?"

Of course, I would immediately be eaten alive by any whiteknight within a galaxy of me, but I suppose if one wanted to try, it wouldn't be too hard to make questions that bring attention to the state of healing in XIV while allowing them a chance to specifically talk about XI.
    (10)

Player
    Character
    Iedarus Meridus
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    He'll just "misinterpret" the question again.

"Any plans to make healers less boring in regular content?"

"We wanted to make healers more accessible; go play ultimate."

I might just give FFXI a whirl. Been busy investing myself in my main game, Gw2 where healing is actually respected.
    (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iedarus View Post
    Was this what Yoshi P wanted for people like me? Did he assume we were too foolish to take any semblance of complexity? How could such an allegedly open developer act so dismissive towards his own players? The flavor of the jobs I loved so much throughout the franchise were mere husks of themselves. What was once a magical world peeled away to reveal a sterile room of four walls. No imagination, no challenge, only accessibility for the sake of it. I didn't feel welcomed, I felt betrayed.

Player
    Character
    Apple Cider
    World
    Halicarnassus
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 50
    On the one hand, if there's any way the XI directors sees it, he likely would mention something to Yoshida, along the lines of "We had a lot of XIV players complaining about healers in your game in our Q&A, what's that about?"
    On the other hand, I would feel very bad for the XI team to see their game get overshadowed by players who don't particularly care about their hard work on XI and are frustrated with the lack of response in XIV.

It's a mixed bag. I think MintnHoney's approach is the nicest way and best way to go about it, but I would also understand if frustrated players took any avenue available to them. Personally though I don't feel right doing it, 20 years is a big accomplishment and I would feel bad trying to make it about XIV.
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Eva Gamirdren
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 90
    I don't think it's a great idea to be honest. In my experience a lot of XI players don't care for XIV and they probably won't appreciate the AMA becoming about this game. Not to mention a lot of them are already frustrated that the 20th anniversary content update was not as big as they were expecting.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Gisela Thorne
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    "How do you feel the healer experience in FFXI compares to newer MMOs, such as FFXIV?"
    (1)