Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Player
    Character
    Rhotitar Bhaldeyrasyn
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    Collecting glamour (relic etc), collecting mounts, try doing savage, leveling other classes the list goes on and on
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Jae Kwang
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by SamSmoot View Post
    I've finally collected enough tomestones and nuts to get all my gear up to ilevel 600 (except weapon).
    Now I feel like there's nothing left to do. I have enough gil, so gathering and crafting have no purpose. I was collecting MGP for the pod mount, only to discover that I also need to do savage content to get it, but there's no way I'm going to manage any savage runs, so is there any other reason to log in?
    no lol take a break. everyone takes a break from the game once in a while.
    (1)

Character
    Raansu Omiyari
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    I've finally collected enough tomestones and nuts to get all my gear up to ilevel 600 (except weapon).
    Now I feel like there's nothing left to do. I have enough gil, so gathering and crafting have no purpose. I was collecting MGP for the pod mount, only to discover that I also need to do savage content to get it, but there's no way I'm going to manage any savage runs, so is there any other reason to log in?
    Why grind out gear if you have no intention of doing harder content? Seems odd to me, but I guess your option now is to just take a break from the game.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Light Khah
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by MintnHoney View Post
    I get what you all mean, and I agree with you for the most part, but on the other hand, how true does that hold when the game is being made into a single-player friendly experience? At some point, there has to be a goal for the single-player experience to reach, right? Typically, that'd be the end of the story, right? Maybe with some post-game stuff, but I guess the gearing up would qualify as that for SamSmoot. Of course, further patches will bring story, so, while the MMO is being updated, there's at least that much, but when it finally stops getting more story, I wonder what the end will be for the single players.

I think it's interesting that this issue is normally viewed as "a feature" in any other instance, other than when someone finally asks "what else is there to do, if I'm not interested in these other things?"
    If nothing other than the main story is interesting for someone they can simply unsub until there is more. They would still have a good number of hours for their money and can easily return and catch up when a new patch comes out.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Leon Keyh
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by YukikoKurosawa View Post
    With false information like a significant amount of the posts in this thread I'm not surprised the OP is as confused as he is about the game.
    Agreed Alanis.

Quote Originally Posted by Iscah View Post
    You need to have cleared the raids before you're allowed to buy it, same as the also-MGP Ivalice hairstyles.

Quote Originally Posted by Ransu View Post
    Why grind out gear if you have no intention of doing harder content? Seems odd to me, but I guess your option now is to just take a break from the game.

Because grinding gear is content. I don't do Savage, but try to get the best gear that I can because that's...well, that's what MMOs are all about.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Ronduwil Thaliakson
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Now I feel like there's nothing left to do.
    It really depends on what you consider your endgame to be. I notice that ninja is your only 90. Your next highest combat job is Monk at level 35, and most of your other classes are untouched. Endgame varies from person to person, but I'm trying to level all my jobs to 90, and I'm doing relic grinds from previous expansions. If you haven't explored Bozja, I recommend giving it a try. In addition to being fun content in general, it's also a great way to level alts. I know that I'll eventually exhaust my options, and at that point I'll be happy to put this game aside for awhile and delve into other games that haven't received much attention. It's OK to take a break and come back for future content releases.
    (0)

Character
    Raansu Omiyari
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonKeyh View Post
    Because grinding gear is content. I don't do Savage, but try to get the best gear that I can because that's...well, that's what MMOs are all about.
    I guess? I just don't see the point if you're not even going to do the content that even requires that gear.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Aurelie Moonsong
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonKeyh View Post
    Did you meant to write something in reply to my post that you quoted?
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Renalt View Post
    Full fishing log.

HAVE FUN!
    For reals man, capping fishing log is definitely one.

Spoiler tagged for long list of stuff to do in FFXIV:

There is also multiple relic weapons for DOW and now DOL/DOH

Ocean Fishing mounts, minions and titles

Beast tribes and their mounts plus achievements

Clearing Side Quests in all areas especially where the upcoming Beast Tribe quests will soon launch

Unlocking and clearing all content so that you can access the content coming next patch launch. [see above]

Deep dungeons and their achievements/mounts & titles

Delivery Quests mount and achievements

Clearing all dungeons, Guildhests and Leve Quests/achievements

Deep dungeon soloing post Job changes

Achievements and titles for each class/job both DOW, DOM And DOL

Minion Collecting achievements and titles

Challenge log

Chocobo raising/dying

Gardening/housing

Market Board/Gil Making

Aenemos, Eureka, Bozja

Wonderous Tails

Faux Hallows & Unreal Raids

Treasure Maps

Shared Fates and their mounts/achievements

Hunts, Hunt Log for each class and GC and long term achievement mounts and titles

Side quests chains like Manderville, [which is renewing with new stories soon] Scholasticate quests and Moogle Delivery Quests

Trusts, GC Squadrons and the new Adventurer npc party system

EX Trial mounts and achievements

Achievement mounts for Tank and Healer

Blue Mage [limited job] and its mounts and achievements

Mentor mounts

PVP mounts and achievements [New pvp battle pass system] Garo Collaboration mounts and glams re launched.

Firmament/Diadem mounts and achievements

Min I-level challenges of older content. [See Discord and partyfinder]

Sightseeing Log

Jump Puzzle achievements

EW New Job quests released this recent patch

Shb Ammaro mount from leveling all jobs

Airships/Voyages [Housing only]

Savage Content

Alliance Raids [Pod mount is not from savage but from completing the Nier collaboration alliance raids & side quests. There is also a new alliance raid Agalia.

Glam collecting

Gold Saucer also has chocobo racing, Mahjong, Triple Triad mount achievement and minion battles with rare minion reward achievements

Dungeon only Mounts

Ultimate Raids

....the list goes on.

Being "done" with the game is based on one's personal desire and perception of fun so if you truly know of every activity in the game and do not want to pursue any of the remaining content, take a break and do something else that is fun.
    (0)
    Last edited by MStowastiqVahlshdeh; 05-24-2022 at 11:03 AM.

Player
    Character
    Dixie Bell
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    All jobs maxed?
    All relics completed?
    All gathering logs completed?
    Savage raids all done?
    Ultimates cleared?
    BiS Gatherer/Crafter Gear with Pentamelds?
    Maxed Eureka gear +2 elemental gear?
    Maxed Bozja/Zadnor buffs?

Theres lots to do outside of the 'world of warcraft ilvl is all that matters' mentality.
    (2)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5