Player
    Character
    Aergrael Iyrnrael
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Aoi_Futaba View Post
    I never teleport inside because I can't teleport to my house as to do that requires one of those 20 items to be an Aetheryte
    Which on that can just be stored seperately (as it already does now) in memory. For your teleport option there is no reason to render the entire region. Technicaly the aetheryte isnt even needed to be built (similar to appartments). And for the stable they could also give house owners the ability to use the appartment one. This then would at least save up 2 slots.

And it doesnt matter about large plots and small plots, because its in the end simply just a total number. 5 extra objects on 20 small plots is still significantly more than 20 extra objects on 3 large plots. This is why large plots can get higher limits a bit easier, the impact is lower. Its most likely decided based on the available space anyway. The effect is however amplified by some sort of mandatory objects. If that are 5 objects (aetheryte, dummy, stable, gardening, mailbox), then the effective limits for S/M/L are 15/24/33. Which makes the situation appear a bit worse. And this can appear more excessive by having a few low level details, since those details often also work similar at a mansion. Thats why it looks like they can build this excessive.

So in short, reduce the mandatory objects by handling these automaticly and that is a much more effective way to get more objects in a garden without increasing actual limits. Especialy since those objects are very likely to appear acros many estates, its generaly well managable rendering wise (even with several versions, the game can decide to load in those versions regardless). This could potentialy give those wasted slots back. (and on that, if you do not place such object, it wont grant that extra slot). Especiualy the stable, dummy, aetheryte and mailbox seem to me like very suitable candidates. Which on that would free up 4 slots.

Another thing is, dynamic object scaling (an object can be repeated several times in a row, and still count as 1) could be used to make objects more flexible as it makes furnishings better capable of covering the area you want them to cover. Like for example scaling something fence wide would help a lot at saving objects. And i would not be surprised if objects actualy can do this. The stable after all already renders the chocobo inside it. For objects that are well suitable for LoD adjustments this can do a lot (too far away and plants wont render for example). This is the sort of optimizing that would generaly be a lot better as it also solves a secondary issue. This could make an object that otherwise would take 3 slots to only take 1.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Garret Strongstaff
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyhawk View Post
    Realistically, no that is NOT the answer. The design is poor, functionality is poor and is more taxing on the backend which SE claims to be the root cause of all their issues related to ever doing anything productive with this game.

The answer is instancing and can accommodate the existing structure of how housing is set up now with some tweaks. I wrote a very lengthy post about is the other day, but basically:
    • Reduce to one ward division. Use the NPC to teleport to where you want to go (friend's house, FC, etc.). This is your 'common area' and you can walk up to a house and port into whoever created an instanced house there, visit an open one or port into your FC house.
    • Instance the plots at the entrance to the yard, not the front door. This allows you to instance housing including the yard to keep gardening, exterior decor, etc. intact for every person.
    • Instancing at the plots also allows you to pick whichever house size you want from apartments to a mansion. It creates only what is needed, not the static bloated mess it is now. Less taxing on the backend, on development and provides for the player base. Allows a better opportunity to get more backend hardware if needed if extended time is needed to acquire the hardware.
    • It actually functions like true instancing. Not this instance upon instance, upon instance, upon instance crap we have now.
    No need for an aetheryte crystal, you teleport to your instance, not a ward. Frees up a decor slot on the already taxing limitation.

No, throwing the same problem at the problem is not going to solve the problem. It's just a 'same turd, same smell' scenario.
    I don't want the 2 mansions I worked towards over the course of 8 YEARS of gaming to become instanced. I very much enjoy what I worked hard to earn with the neighborhood layout. This part with the yards and streets make each house feel like its own special liminal space in the video game landscape and I don't want that part to change no matter how many times you use the word "turd" to describe your displeasure about it.

I am all for more people getting housing, if not all people. To that end I support adding instanced options but not at the cost of what I and so many of us worked so hard for and continue to enjoy.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Lucretia Ryusagi
    World
    Twintania
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Joint View Post
    Really that's my only gripe. They make no sense
    You need to change your perspective, the game is made by japanese developers with all their culture in mind, Japanes people often live in very small spaces or tiny apartments, i dont think small houses are a problem, but the 200 item limit is, needs to be increased.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Sinister Joint
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 89
    Quote Originally Posted by Arohk View Post
    You need to change your perspective, the game is made by japanese developers with all their culture in mind, Japanese people often live in very small spaces or tiny apartments, i dont think small houses are a problem, but the 200 item limit is, needs to be increased.
    My perspective is just fine and completely reasonable. Most people that choose a small, do it as a last resort. I never said small houses were a problem. I said it was the least desired size which is completely different then how you want to perceive it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aoi Futaba
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by UkcsAlias View Post
    Another thing is, dynamic object scaling (an object can be repeated several times in a row, and still count as 1) could be used to make objects more flexible as it makes furnishings better capable of covering the area you want them to cover. Like for example scaling something fence wide would help a lot at saving objects. And i would not be surprised if objects actualy can do this. The stable after all already renders the chocobo inside it. For objects that are well suitable for LoD adjustments this can do a lot (too far away and plants wont render for example). This is the sort of optimizing that would generaly be a lot better as it also solves a secondary issue. This could make an object that otherwise would take 3 slots to only take 1.
    I still find it crazy that say for instance you buy the lavender coloured grass, it gives you a small square, you can't even replace the grass, the hedges too, you want a nice tall hedge around your garden for privacy? Nope can't do that by the time you're halfway around the wall out of slots ( I tried this and was sorely disappointed after crafting them). I get the 'resources' standpoint I do, but this is not 2006, if the engine and the PC you are playing on couldn't handle it then it for sure wouldn't handle the visual effects from raids and everyone's abilities flashing fast enough to trigger epilepsy and creating enough light to make the sun look dark. The fence idea would be a great thing to have, so it binds the individual items as a single unit, the grass could be a simple addition to the actual exterior modification window so rather than just having a square of gravel or a square of the lavender grass, have it also as an option on the modification so you can place it there and your garden's grass is now that texture instead. That being said when it comes to interiors there is 0 reason why a small has so few item slots. It's one reason I went the FC route rather than the private one, my alts can have rooms, I can use one room as a bedroom, one as a kitchen/dining room etc
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ikara Graydancer
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Joint View Post
    Why do we even have small plots? Nobody wants a small unless its the only option available. This was true all the way until the housing drought (which was the end of stormblood) There were tons of smalls until then The only reason they got bought is because there was nothing else available.

Why don't you replace them with mediums and ditch the smalls entirely?
    Why does ANY plot get better in game benefits than the other? (garden plots specifically here).

Really that's my only gripe. They make no sense
    I wanted a small, got my small and enjoy my small. Try not to speak for others on why they buy things for starters.
    The housing tier system makes perfect sense. The bigger the plot the more you have to spend therefore the more benefits you get.

Honestly this thread comes off like you're upset you can't get the plot you want and are stuck in a small.
    (4)
    Last edited by IkaraGreydancer; 05-21-2022 at 04:50 AM.

Player
    Character
    Garten Rei
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    My only gripe Is that small should have an upper floor instead of basement
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Alice Laurielle
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    I think smalls are fine! Remember there's tons of new players too and we don't have as much gil. I finally broke the 10 mil recently but I have been very focused on gil making and recently learned how to play the MB. Many more casual players don't do that. Small is a great entry price and even that 3-3.5m is hard to obtain for some. Also, I like the size of smalls. I want a medium down the line because I want to run community events but I'd love a small as my actual personal home and there's many like me. Not everyone wants a very big house.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Sinister Joint
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 89
    Quote Originally Posted by IkaraGreydancer View Post
    I wanted a small, got my small and enjoy my small. Try not to speak for others on why they buy things for starters.
    The housing tier system makes perfect sense. The bigger the plot the more you have to spend therefore the more benefits you get.

Honestly this thread comes off like you're upset you can't get the plot you want and are stuck in a small.

Honestly this response comes off like you didn't read the thread. Instead you just came in here trying to puff your chest. Try not to assume someone is speaking for everyone.

I'll say this, anyone who read my post and instantly came in here saying "don't speak for everyone" when that is CLEARLY IMPOSSIBLE is just LOOKING TO ARGUE. You know I don't speak for everyone. Stop being obtuse

I have medium house (nice try pumpkin). Honestly your response comes off as idiotic and asinine.
    (1)
    Last edited by Joint; 05-21-2022 at 09:14 PM.

Player
    Character
    Marcelloix Ostoiraint
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90

housing

i have two plots in the briming heart a small one near the pool area and a large higher up got mine years before the lottery started.
    (0)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast