Player
    Character
    Samuel Ashford
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Klytania View Post
    Yes I've seen it, and I don't care. He's wrong.

You should actually read the post and formulate a thought of your own.
    i have seen first hand how elitist and toxic it can be to rely solely on dps parse numbers when recruiting for parties in other MMOs, i am not eager to have that mentality brought into 14. You tell us to form a thought of our own, meanwhile you blindly reject any and all thoughts that don't agree with you, talk about hypocritical.
    (31)

Player
    Character
    Thalia Beckford
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    That's not an argument, it's an appeal to authority.
    This game isn't designed by committee. The developers have control over what they want to put in. This has come up multiple times. Their answer has been the same every time. They give players who feel they need these tools an out with the "Don't ask, don't tell" policy but they're exactly right. Any official endorsement of this sort of thing in the game will lead to bullying. "Just private" would not stay private. Others would find a way to force those who want to do things to show those numbers or be ostracized. And they remove the teeth from the harassment part of their own ToS by implementing a tool by which others could be bullied.
    (14)

Player
    Character
    Ranko Kurosuki
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Yoshi-P: "Oh no, someone on the official english speaking forums wants me out so they could get ACT into the game. I guess I better go and pack my things."
    (18)

Player
    Character
    Vel Kallor
    World
    Kujata
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    That's not an argument, it's an appeal to authority.
    Its a fact. The entire dev team agree on this matter, as they are the ones who took this game from the disaster that was 1.0 to the current masterpiece, I have full confidence in their judgement in the matter.

I have seen firsthand what parsers can do when used widely ingame, and I have zero wish to see that here.
    (26)

Player
    Character
    Ymir Bombullshale
    World
    Halicarnassus
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    No, we are never getting DPS meters in this game, ever. The fact devs are against some of the most egregious parts of the culture surrounding WoW and their raiding scene is great.
    (19)

Character
    Deveryn Ev'liarsh
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    But you don't actually have any way of knowing
    Clearing the fight is how we know. Watching who gets dropped and gets weakness too much is how we know. Numbers are irrelevant because they change from one thing to the next.

There's no justification for this meter at all. The content is designed and tested to be completed without it.
    (18)

Player
    Character
    Oopsy Hiero
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    Kind of like locking a group based on iL. Should that be removed too?
    ilvl is something you can achieve by completing more tasks.
    DPS is something based of a large number of variables that possible could be affected by luck of the draw... Incase you didn't know Crits are a not guaranteed, some AOE/Boss targeting is random. A player could just be having a bad day... Or maybe a class is a bit unbalanced, Or or or...

When starting out a group maybe someone really is a little on the bad side... but if you give them a chance they can improve. IF you never give them a chance or hint, well too bad...
    (12)

Player
    Character
    Garnet Stormborn
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    Personal dps meters? I dream that day would come as a ps4 player but, I'm most likely SHIT OUTA LUCK!
    (3)
    R.I.P samurai main 2022 - REAPER TIME!

Player
    Character
    Nemene Damendar
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by TaleraRistain View Post
    This game isn't designed by committee. The developers have control over what they want to put in. This has come up multiple times. Their answer has been the same every time. They give players who feel they need these tools an out with the "Don't ask, don't tell" policy but they're exactly right. Any official endorsement of this sort of thing in the game will lead to bullying. "Just private" would not stay private. Others would find a way to force those who want to do things to show those numbers or be ostracized. And they remove the teeth from the harassment part of their own ToS by implementing a tool by which others could be bullied.
    I have only -ever- seen bullying come from the toxic casual portion of the playerbase.
    (14)

Player
    Character
    Mother Kos
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    ESO lets you hide your information. Don't see how anything would change from how it is now i.e: If you berate someone over dps performance you find yourself in the Gaol.
    (6)

Page 3 of 66 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast