Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Will Irishclover
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Wait should those who didint refund on 0 plots now refund?

The devs basically confirmed you can earn yourself a free house now..
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Coven Whitewolf
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    If I get my FC house in Ishgard, the names I can make to commemorate this 'voluntary' payout on my house will be astounding, lol.
    (0)
    Last edited by Greyhawk; 05-13-2022 at 11:54 PM.

Player
    Character
    Princess- Princess
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 90
    I mean systems aren’t perfect. They do break down sometimes. I don’t agree that people affected by the bug should get a free house. I understand waiting for a month sucks but at the end of the day things sometimes happen out of our control.

I was lucky in not being affected by the bug but a free house? Come on SE. All of ours should be free then. That’s not fair. I mean I could even get behind only charging them 50% of them original price because of the inconvenience but free? That’s not fair.
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Fox Briarthorn
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 90
    I'd be astounded if the voluntary gil npc sees any use on the NA side of things. While I get the frustration over the essentially free houses, it's that or having to add a new system just for this bug. If all this time waiting was just to pinpoint a bug in the existing code, fix it and test it before roll-out, imagine how long the wait would be implementing a whole new chunk of code to identify winners that had already collected gil and collect. This way gets the system back up and running now.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Rhela Tsurugi
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by UkcsAlias View Post
    The issue is when people do not have the full gil anymore. Even if they want to pay, but cant, it would deny them the house, which would be unfair. And it gets worse with individual and FC diffirences.

For individuals you can apply a tax to all their gil incomes so rewards are reduced by 50%, but that other 50% is used to pay the gil (where the voluntarily deposit speeds up this process).
    While for FC's you can demand them to deposit a certain value each week. Simply because you dont know who is supposed to pay (and also takes the issue FC wide instead of a few players).

But yes, if they get their house for free, this would be even more unfair. The gil those people would obtain is for many players a very significant value. And worse, as RMT people are still abusing the housing market, those people can obviously use that gil for that purpose, making that issue also worse.
    If their policy is going to be that the people who won a house in the first lottery but got screwed by SE's 0 bug don't have to pay for their house, the only fair thing they can do is that all the houses in the first lottery should be free. That brings about a whole different issue about now people will complain that they had to pay for their houses in the past and in the future and these people don't. This whole thing is a an absolute disaster in my opinion and it isn't and won't get better since SE refuses to make housing available to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Nepentha View Post
    You've had the last month to enjoy your new house. Everyone hit with the 0 bug has had to sit and wait for that month, many of them not at all sure if they'll win. I applaud SE for not being ridiculous about collecting the gil after this entire debacle.
    I wish I won a house in the lottery, regardless if I had to wait an extra month to get the house. The fact is that the people who won via the 0 bug will still have a house while the vast majority of the player base won't. Even more so they will have a house they paid nothing for and just had to wait an extra month to receive it. There is no fair answer to the way to approach it. It just proves how much of a disaster the whole system is and why it needs to be completely changed.
    (4)

6. 05-14-2022 12:27 AM

Player
    Character
    Froffy Know
    World
    Sephirot
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Liamont View Post
    You misread. You will be able to claim your house come May 16th, and if you want to VOLUNTARY pay the gil that was refunded to SE, they will implement an NPC that you can go to to drop your money in in 6.2.
    Oh ok i understand thanks.

At the moment my gil has not been refunded and is still on the placard with the option to refund or not.
    Does this mean that i could/should refund my gil and get the house for free?
    Or should i leave my gil there just incase?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Isrun Whitewood
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Markfresh View Post

At the moment my gil has not been refunded and is still on the placard with the option to refund or not.
    That's a personal decision. I know of some who are leaving it in for their own reasons, and some who've pulled it out.
    (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Almagnus1 View Post
    Don't you have something better to do with your life?

Player
    Character
    Cloudy Rosefield
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80
    Choosing to reward exclusivity and selfishness is a really bad move. If housing was a bad joke before, it's completely insulting now. This isn't progress, this is a holding pattern.
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Fox Briarthorn
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Markfresh View Post

Taking the gil will not affect your ability to get and keep the house so as Nepentha said, it's up to you. SE would obviously like the gil removed from the economy (which is why they're putting that npc up later), but it's completely voluntary.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Aoi Futaba
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 90
    There is a solution. People like myself are now basically placed on an honour system. So why not have the NPC reward players for their honesty, whether a small funny title like 'Out of the Brume' or something like that, something that is not impactful but nice to have.
    (1)

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast