Player
    Character
    Tyria Xepheles
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by DamianFatale View Post
    I just want to reiterate that no one knows if Island Sanctuary will actually have housing. The devs even hinted to temper our expectations, so I'm leaning toward it not. I really hope to be wrong, but the community has grabbed that update by the balls, and assumed so hard that Island Sanctuary will be the solution everyone is hoping for.

I'm actually legit scared of the community response when its not the thing people wanted. The forums were bad enough with the modding controversies, and the lottery glitches. Imagine months upon months of built up excitement that the devs didn't even plan on delivering, suddenly steeping to a sudden standstill, because everyone made up rumors that weren't reality.

Be careful, I know this fanbase won't, but don't say I didn't warn you.
    Sometimes I wonder if Island Sanctuary gets no demos and is being delayed to an unknown time because the devs were just building a personal mini version of the diadem where minions can run around and then saw the community latching onto it as the housing fix and now they are scurrying to add a housing functionality to it.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Trachynwyda Fyreynwyn
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by not_ya_wify View Post
    Sometimes I wonder if Island Sanctuary gets no demos and is being delayed to an unknown time because the devs were just building a personal mini version of the diadem where minions can run around and then saw the community latching onto it as the housing fix and now they are scurrying to add a housing functionality to it.
    I think this is a decent percent of the cause of the delay. Who knows if we'll get actual housing equivalent in function to what we have now though. If there's not housing at launch, I hope they've prepared the programming to accept it in future iterations.

Daddy need to make money on furnishings to make back what he's spent on his new house!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kuroh Usagi
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by DamianFatale View Post
    As it stands, Airships are part of the biggest issues with housing. They are a motivation for people to hoard multiple free company houses on alts, and buy up wards for their airships. Airships need to be nerfed.

Start by making it so that people can have their own airship workshop in and out of free companies. Giving every single player the ability to have a custom airshop would go a long way at evening the market.

Two, make it so that you can only own ONE free company house per account. I know its tricky because of the systems in place. I get it, some of you might have alts in different companies, and if you have housing rights on those characters, it could get messy, but Square Enix needs to devise a way to fix this. Also make it so that you can't use multiple free company characters to buy out a house. Make it so that each free company only buy bid on one house at a time.

Three, Instanced airship workshops that are separate from housing, and maybe even workshops for personal houses would do a lot for nerfing these. Making it accessible for all would go a long way. Every player should be entitled to have their own airship. We are the hero of the world for mog sake. We should all get a stake in the content.
    No. Simply because of my profits. *twirls non-existent moustache*
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Corvus Valerius
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyhawk View Post
    But, yeah we do know.

If that were taking the place of housing, then the Firmament and Ishgard Restoration wouldn't have been as big of a chore as it was when we built it back.
    • The lottery would not have been put into place just before an instanced housing solution, or even an option.
    • Housing being such a hot topic, I believe that they would have announced it after such a debacle with the zero lottery bug, which wouldn't have been a thing if Island was housing in the first place.
    • Yoshi-P is against non-neighborhood housing - frankly something he needs to get over, because it's not about what he wants, it's about what his player-base would want to continue being successful.
    • Yoshi-P already stated to curb expectations about Island Sanctuary. Yes, we could place buildings and some housing type furnishings, which would be like a garden shed or something maybe like a dog house for minions. This != housing.

And, hey, color me surprised if it actually was housing. It would just prove that they had the capability to instance housing like we have been asking for - for what, 4 years or so now? But that would just make them look so bad.
    They have had the capabilities. People who say they don't are making excuses for them because they either already have a house, don't care, or are overly empathetic to SE for no reason. Even the insistence that "Well, how do you know" is bs.
    If theoretically, every person in every FC bought an FC apartment, and/or a regular apartment, the servers wouldn't crash, but having instanced houses would? Give me a break. If that was the case, they would have accounted for that when they allowed us to do all that. The servers can handle it. This is part of some stupid, dogshit vision that someone came up with and refuses to budge on, and probably because it would cost money to develop. That's it. It's less of a problem in Japan, it's less of a problem virtually anywhere and everywhere else, so we have to just deal with it because we're crammed into smaller data centers (which, again, they could expand, but wont.) so we're conveniently tucked away where we can't disrupt anyone else's play experience meaningfully.

I'm actually literally only here just because my friends are subbed, but I basically just AFK until people ask me to do things. I spend most of my time playing other things and it's a total waste of time and money and until everyone else realizes how poorly they're being treated it wont change. They need to fail, or they will never learn; because they don't read the forums, they never read any feedback posted here and actually reply, or acknowledge it in any capacity here; outside of the obvious things no one can ignore like the server outright shutting down or the login queues. I've always felt just so mind-boggling confused at how anyone can look at the amount of effort put into this game, vs how much they get in subs, and say it's even a half decent investment. Literally just go to the marketboard and see how many individual items you can find that aren't rehashed models throughout all the levels. Then consider the fact that they rehash those models for other classes. They literally don't even make unique armor. Something people make in their spare time, for fun. It makes them look awful and no one ever talks about that. People in general don't seem to talk about how little they do for the game in general

I would literally bet real money that Island Sanctuaries isn't going to have any of the shit people want it to have; because people aren't flipping out about it in Japan. Actual money on a bet that any delay has absolutely nothing to do with them chasing anyone here's expectations, (because they do not and have never ever cared about what anyone here thinks) and that it's 100% just due to them not having funding or working on something else entirely, like FFXVI; or Guardians of the Galaxy or some other Marvel crap that they paid licensing for.
    (0)
    Last edited by Corvus_V; 05-26-2022 at 05:36 PM.
    yeah, i'll give him the wrap. but foist, i gotta wrap this FISH.

Player
    Character
    Lachesis Takuhizu
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    You realize that people can't hoard multiple FC houses on alts right? It's literally with the lottery settings, any characters on the same world cannot have more than 1 fc and 1 personal house per *account*. I learned that today when I tried to bid for an FC house relocation. I had to be logged into my alt that owned a personal house to bid on the FC relocation plot. None of my other alts were permitted to bid period. So your point is moot.

The only way they are able to get multiple plots is when multiple separate characters on separate accounts bid on various different houses, and the airship and submarines do little more than bring back some hard to find materials for housing projects.

Granted, people that are *grandfathered* into owning multiple houses in multiple wards. (I'm looking at YOU Mateus...) need to be dealt with to make it fair for everyone else.
    (0)
    Last edited by Lachesia; 05-27-2022 at 01:41 AM.

Player
    Character
    Ivory Hawk
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    tbh, airships are useless, subs are where the gil is at
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jojoya Joya
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by IvoryHawk View Post
    tbh, airships are useless, subs are where the gil is at
    Airships are still the only source of a few popular items like Fine Alumen and Oriental Grass Tuft so they aren't useless. I would agree that subs are a more consistent source of gil if you're just after gil and not specific items.
    (0)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4