Player
    Character
    Zylar Magwind
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90

Duty Recorder related concerns and idea

Hi, so I'm doing a student filmmaker, and I'm doing a personal project in regards to FFXIV. Specifically how one would go about adapting it for a TV show. It's just my own personal pet project, but it raised an issue with how the Duty Recorder functions. I was attempting to run through Sastasha for a proof of concept, but then of course discovered I couldn't record there. After reading around I understand the general idea of why that is, but I was wondering if there's a possibility a similar, but less server heavy, concept might be implemented? Maybe something that saves the data for a short amount of time (an hour or two?), and then after that it gets deleted? I'm not sure, I just was very excited to put together my proof of concept, but then I realized I couldn't, so I'm seeing if there's a chance they might give us something small that would be similar in function. If the team added something like this, or made the Duty Recorder it's own app, sorta similar to what the benchmark app is and does, it would be awesome, and incredibly appreciated! I of course understand that such a thing is unlikely, but it would be great! Literally if all we got was a free camera that could move around in a duty, and a pause button, I'd be very happy! (I wouldn't mind fast forward and rewind as well, but they're not 100% essential)
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Cyrillo Rongway
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    The thing about the duty recorder is that its purpose is to review complex moments in difficult content to understand how the party's choreography needs to be adjusted to handle mechanics better. The value of it for that purpose drops significantly once a piece of difficult content has been out long enough for standardized strats to emerge and choreography needs only minor tweaks that can be made without a play-by-play review. Since it doesn't have any value for that purpose in duties like dungeons, it may be hard to justify the amount of data that needs to be stored to handle all the enemies, NPCs, and objects in a dungeon. And that's to say nothing of the ease with which such detailed data could be used for illicit purposes such as reverse engineering a dungeon. I really don't see the duty recorder ever becoming more than what it already is.
    (1)
    Error 3102 Club, Order of the 52nd Hour

Player
    Character
    Negios Figgs
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Then why is the duty recorder not available in ultimate content? If that's the purpose it should really be functional for those at least.
    I mean - it's available for an old trial, the previous savage finale and the current alliance raid. That doesn't really make sense to me.
    (0)