Player
    Character
    Rhotitar Bhaldeyrasyn
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70

SE can you please stop using color for mechanics

Or at the very least don’t use colors that are more commonly an issue for color blind people.

I would appreciate if something looks graphically different rather than rely on colors.

Alzadaal’s Legacy last boss is another encounter that uses a color coded mechanic and it’s my worst enemy pale greens and reds it takes me a ridiculously long time to inspect and try to ascertain what the hell the difference is because it all looks the same.

That is all thanks.
    (5)

Character
    Raansu Omiyari
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    I thought there were color blind settings in the game?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cyrillo Rongway
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransu View Post
    Only in the Windows version, and color blind community members have said they don't really work very well.
    (2)
    Error 3102 Club, Order of the 52nd Hour

Player
    Character
    Vatom Basilisk
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    They dont work well one of my FC mates always complains about this and it makes it hard to notify him of mechs when im screaming a color and he looks at me like Im stupid

though I know I shouldn't be saying colors but he can't even differ them when I say dark or light
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Cyrillo Rongway
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Vatom View Post
    They dont work well one of my FC mates always complains about this and it makes it hard to notify him of mechs when im screaming a color and he looks at me like Im stupid

though I know I shouldn't be saying colors but he can't even differ them when I say dark or light
    They have been better about this lately in re: giving cues other than color differences when a mechanic requires you to distinguish between two possible cues. Squares v triangles v circles, rays+lightsounds v flames+firesounds v lightningballs+electricsounds, etc. There's always room for improvements in accessibility though. And better cue placement in general, even for people who don't need accessible cues. Like, please stop placing pips over people's heads behind nameplates and markers.
    (0)
    Error 3102 Club, Order of the 52nd Hour

Player
    Character
    Qoo Er
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransu View Post
    there are only 3 settings, and there are at least 6 types of colorblindness, one of which doesnt let the person perceive any colors at all.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Frizze Steeleblaze
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    So i cant really do anything to help with general issues related to colorblindness, i can help with this specific mechanic. He tethers to one end of the arena, powering up the color-coded attack. This will always be the cord in the center at the north or south(or do i remember wrong and its east/west?) of the room. The one on the opposite wall in the same spot that he DIDNT tether to will always be the opposite color. You'd have to disengage from melee range for the moment of the attack, but if it feels better then struggling to differentiate the colors then its worth considering.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ilisidi Malguri
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by RayneBoemir View Post
    Alzadaal’s Legacy last boss is another encounter that uses a color coded mechanic and it’s my worst enemy pale greens and reds it takes me a ridiculously long time to inspect and try to ascertain what the hell the difference is because it all looks the same.
    That boss is a bad example because it does have graphical tells that are independent of color. There's a difference in number of knots on each set.
    (1)
    Last edited by Ilisidi; 05-12-2022 at 05:51 PM.

Character
    Raansu Omiyari
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Rongway View Post
    Only in the Windows version, and color blind community members have said they don't really work very well.
    Really? That's lame. Wonder what the reason is for the settings to be missing from consoles.
    (0)