Player
    Character
    Karura Fyrelite
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanne View Post
    Another leaderboard alongside Ishgard restoration that would only reward players who have 20 hours a day of time to grind the mode? Also instead 10 days it would last 2-4 months? No thank you
    FAIR XD. But if done in a way where it's oriented towards completion rather than being top ranked then we'd probably have something worthwhile. Using achievements as an example, you work towards the next tier of your win count and are rewarded based on that collectively, over all CC seasons until you have gained all rewards. Then maybe have special stuff for the ppl who completed them all to fight over so there's still participation from them so other players can work on their "task list".
    (0)
    Strike like lightning, roll like thunder

Player
    Character
    Karura Fyrelite
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Gserpent View Post
    Agreed for the most part. Ideally you kill players that are acting as force multipliers first (BRD, SCH, AST, etc) because you want those buffs/debuffs taken off the field... but if the people playing those classes are remotely competent, they aren't gonna be just hanging out in places where you can just walk up to them and thump them.

For disorganized solo queue "target the dude that's out of mana" is usually the rule of thumb.
    I cant argue that about the force multipliers part, But it doesn't take a competent individual to figure out that, if you make a players respawn timer skyrocket as a healer, its going to be MUCH harder for the other team members to stay alive long enough to hold the line effectively. As for the part about a competent healer, A.) ranged classes don't need to rush up to them B.) Even a competent healer cant do much with a dps locked on them 90% of the time (been on both ends of this one). SAM and BRD are great "anti-caster" classes because they either allow you to stay on target and inflict silence long enough to do a lot of damage or they just do a ton of damage to begin with and have stun skills to keep the target still long enough to wreak havoc on them. This is my opinion f course and I'm not saying it won't change.
    (0)
    Last edited by Tsugikai; 05-26-2022 at 08:13 AM.

Player
    Character
    Karura Fyrelite
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Saucy_Jack View Post
    Ironically this comment just identified your problem - your targeting priority is completely wrong, and probably a large part of why you’re keeping yourself in bronze (among whatever other weird misconceptions people seem to have when starting out).

Healers aren’t that much more important than any other job, in current pvp. Killing whoever you can for a numbers advantage is much more important than tunneling a particular role. Focus whoever’s out of position and/or low on health and mana, even if they’re a tank since tanks aren’t that much tankier than dps in current pvp either. Target priority should be changing constantly throughout a match.

In crystal tier it’s not rare for tanks to have to be on their toes so they don’t get melted by focus for positioning too aggressively. Mostly because nothing survives focus by 3+ players particularly well, and everyone is keeping an eye on mana bars to see how much sustain you actually have available
    I wouldn't know about crystal tier, again, can't get out of bronze no matter how I improve and struggle. But I CAN attest to surviving 3 vs 1 situations as dps and WHM. I just have no clue what is going wrong for me to have gone from bronze 3 - 0* to bronze 1 - 2* and back down 50 times. I guess I can try and be a sheep and follow the heard but it's an irritating effort for someone like me who prefers to have a plan to be totally honest.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Lucian Morningstar
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    I mean if I was stuck in a rank for 50 games I’d personally consider changing playstyle, rather than arguing to keep using the playstyle that got you stuck for 50 games and blaming all your teammates, but you do you man
    (3)
    Last edited by Saucy_Jack; 05-26-2022 at 09:13 AM.

Player
    Character
    Nyte Shayd
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    I mean if I was stuck in a rank for 50 games I’d personally consider changing playstyle, rather than arguing to keep using the playstyle that got you stuck for 50 games and blaming all your teammates, but you do you man
    Some people will never accept the fact that in MOBA style game modes, when you get hard stuck and literally can't move, you have found what rank you are. It's always somebody elses fault. I'm guilty of it myself in the past, just how it is and how it always will be.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Combo Lammas
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsugikai View Post
    Im at a point where I can't improve anymore and I keep losing by no fault of my own (I am always the last to die on my team as dps and healer and im the only one TRYING to coordinate).
    This is kinda funny to read when the people at the very top who've literally written the PvP guides that other people follow have the attitude that they've still got room to improve and always will.
    (0)

Character
    Grinning Serpent
    World
    Maduin
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 90
    I cant argue that about the force multipliers part, But it doesn't take a competent individual to figure out that, if you make a players respawn timer skyrocket as a healer, its going to be MUCH harder for the other team members to stay alive long enough to hold the line effectively. As for the part about a competent healer, A.) ranged classes don't need to rush up to them B.) Even a competent healer cant do much with a dps locked on them 90% of the time (been on both ends of this one). SAM and BRD are great "anti-caster" classes because they either allow you to stay on target and inflict silence long enough to do a lot of damage or they just do a ton of damage to begin with and have stun skills to keep the target still long enough to wreak havoc on them. This is my opinion f course and I'm not saying it won't change.
    So... you do realize that healers don't actually do much healing... right? Their kits are entirely built around buffing/debuffing, with some control as well.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Karura Fyrelite
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    I tried what you mentioned and won a whopping. . .1 out of 10 matches. Perhaps because I have no idea what positioning and such even looks like in pvp? I will say that enemies went down easier but it didn't change the results ANY. Any other suggestions I could try?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Karura Fyrelite
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Gserpent View Post
    So... you do realize that healers don't actually do much healing... right? Their kits are entirely built around buffing/debuffing, with some control as well.
    Yeah I went back and looked at the WHM class again and was sorely disappointed by that. Think ill just stick with dps from now on. I can do more in that category than as a healer apparently
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lucian Morningstar
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    I tried what you mentioned and won a whopping. . .1 out of 10 matches. Perhaps because I have no idea what positioning and such even looks like in pvp? I will say that enemies went down easier but it didn't change the results ANY. Any other suggestions I could try?
    Can’t tell what you’re doing wrong without seeing gameplay and don’t have it in me to write a book about every aspect of pvp to cover every base, but if you want you can join revival discord and post a clip in clip_review. Pretty much anyone who trolls around in that channel will easily be able to give good advice for improving past hardstuck bronze

https://discord.com/invite/pvprevival

I would suggest mentioning you’re trying to get out of bronze so people know how detailed/nitpicky they should be with the advice
    (1)
    Last edited by Saucy_Jack; 05-27-2022 at 07:35 AM.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast