Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Roland Montpensier
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 90
    Ni Xi also unironically tanked FIVE THOUSAND POINTS because of the unbearably horrible players in queue, so I'm not sure if it's the best comparison. Rating is too volatile because of the horrible matchmaking.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ophelia Irika
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Ranking system is working as intended. I don't like how the system is set up, but it's working as intended. The only problem I see is that people are trying to justify getting "bad" teammates by using matchmaking as an excuse. It just doesn't work like that.

It doesn't matter what team pvp game that you're playing. There will always be someone that's underperforming on the team regardless of rank. High tiers have to deal with it too. There's no escaping that fact.

Everyone should be grateful that it's somewhat easy to climb rank. If deranking was enabled, I'm pretty sure that not only majority would be playing between silver and platinum, but diamond+ would experience longer wait times just to get into a game.
    (0)

Character
    Grinning Serpent
    World
    Maduin
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Scghost View Post
    That's just it. You know something is bad when the better option is to not do it? The heck....
    In any pvp game or mode you will lose, a lot. In none before I felt stuck, no matter how well you do.
    Hey, I ain't gonna defend it. The current iteration of ranked is garbage and as I've said, I think things would have been quite a lot better if they'd just done casual (solo only) and casual (play with your friends) queues and called it good and then just made the special frames and portraits really expensive as compensation so that there's still *some* element of prestige to them (you would need to have farmed a lot of crystal points to buy them, etc.)
    (0)

Character
    Grinning Serpent
    World
    Maduin
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by rofland View Post
    Ni Xi also unironically tanked FIVE THOUSAND POINTS because of the unbearably horrible players in queue, so I'm not sure if it's the best comparison. Rating is too volatile because of the horrible matchmaking.
    I can totally believe that, because we both seem to like playing at the time when the "high skill density" is about as dense as a bag full of air.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Awashio Sazanami
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    The worst part is that if a person leaves completely, which i quite literally JUST had happen...

You still lose all points.
    100 point loss because the bad bard just now doesnt manage to hit guard or recup on first encounter and so salty they left.

Thanks.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Essea Ghost
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistress_Irika View Post
    Ranking system is working as intended. I don't like how the system is set up, but it's working as intended. The only problem I see is that people are trying to justify getting "bad" teammates by using matchmaking as an excuse. It just doesn't work like that.

It doesn't matter what team pvp game that you're playing. There will always be someone that's underperforming on the team regardless of rank. High tiers have to deal with it too. There's no escaping that fact.

Everyone should be grateful that it's somewhat easy to climb rank. If deranking was enabled, I'm pretty sure that not only majority would be playing between silver and platinum, but diamond+ would experience longer wait times just to get into a game.
    If the intended purpose is to piss off people, it's definitely working. Everyone I know that pvp say they get very "salty" while playing.
    (1)

Character
    Grinning Serpent
    World
    Maduin
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheremia View Post
    The worst part is that if a person leaves completely, which i quite literally JUST had happen...

You still lose all points.
    100 point loss because the bad bard just now doesnt manage to hit guard or recup on first encounter and so salty they left.

Thanks.
    See also: people afk for the first 30+ sec of the match so the initial clash is 4v5; people pokeballing out (not like it's their fault but it's still a problem); etc.

Would it be possible to just design a system such that you didn't lose anything for loss and only ever gained? I guess you'd have people hitting 20k MMR or whatever, though.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Awashio Sazanami
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Gserpent View Post
    See also: people afk for the first 30+ sec of the match so the initial clash is 4v5; people pokeballing out (not like it's their fault but it's still a problem); etc.

Would it be possible to just design a system such that you didn't lose anything for loss and only ever gained? I guess you'd have people hitting 20k MMR or whatever, though.
    You can definitely lose points, but if a player literally leaves or dcs for the majority of the match (happened to me twice, thanks ff crash), the losing team should not lose points.

You know, like splatoon implemented because 3v4 are basically impossible to win, except enemy team is extremely bad.
    The winning team still gets points, the loser doesnt lose points for a circumstance they had no control over.

I have no idea how the game calculates win/loss points and as salty as it makes me sometimes, it is how it is.

But 4v5 are almost impossible and some people are almost griefing with their non existent damage/healing output that losing somebody on top of that just sucks.

I can only help if you can help yourself, feels like people think healers have unlimited heals…
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Essea Ghost
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    I give up, I will never rank up with this ranking system. Somehow, most of the time i end up on the team that will most likely lose....
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Coriander Silverflame
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Scghost View Post
    I give up, I will never rank up with this ranking system. Somehow, most of the time i end up on the team that will most likely lose....
    Time to up your RNG game.

But how to do that? Magic, or maybe:
    1. Play WHM or WAR to make it more likely to have a WHM or WAR on your team.
    2. Don't stop playing if you are on a win streak - the conditions may be favorable and that's how you rank up.
    3. Play on a DC where the average skill level is lower.
    4. Play during peak time to average out the skill level more.
    5. Switch to lalafell so that you are harder to see.

disclaimer: this is mostly a joke; except for the lalafell part.
    (2)
    Last edited by Avenger; 05-23-2022 at 10:44 AM.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast