Player
    Character
    Enkidoh Roux
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Nav_Fae View Post
    When Midgard seals the BoL in 2.5, does that mean there is a period of time in which the WoL could infact be tempered by primals? But then we fight Ravana, Bismarck, and Thordan all without it... It comes back just before we do Warning Triad things.
    You would think so, but that is outright contradicted when the WoL faced Ravana without any ill effect (and it was outright stated that the WoL and Ysayle could face him due to specifically having the Echo).

Which is but one of the situations throughout the game's story which makes this whole retcon in EW seem... rather ill-thought out.

Granted, by the time Ravana was fought, the WoL had already started restoring the Crystals so I suppose it could be handwaved that "the Blessing was already being restored so thus was their protection from Primal tempering", but that is a real stretch. So my point still stands.
    (8)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rannie View Post
    Aaaaannnd now I just had a mental image of Lahabrea walking into a store called Bodies R Us and trying on different humans.... >.<

Lahabrea: hn too tall... tooo short.... Juuuuuust right.
    Venat was right.

Player
    Character
    Mizuchi Hikaze
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkidoh View Post
    You would think so, but that is outright contradicted when the WoL faced Ravana without any ill effect (and it was outright stated that the WoL and Ysayle could face him due to specifically having the Echo).

Which is but one of the situations throughout the game's story which makes this whole retcon in EW seem... rather ill-thought out.

Granted, by the time Ravana was fought, the WoL had already started restoring the Crystals so I suppose it could be handwaved that "the Blessing was already being restored so thus was their protection from Primal tempering", but that is a real stretch. So my point still stands.
    Yeah I recall that the whole Chrysalis thing happened only because the Ascian detected that the blessing was gone. And he was the only Ascian to ever attempt to take advantage of the situation. It's ironic that Minfillia basically dies a patch later anyway lol...
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Sanna Rosewood
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    I never saw or took it as gone, just powered down. Since I don't think Minfillia or Krile ever said they have a crystal of light, yet both have stated that they have the blessing of light. Meanwhile Yasale has a crystal of light which would imply that she must have the blessing as we've been shown that every time we gained or repowered one of our crystals from Midgardsormr's sealing of said crystals the symbol at our feet changed. It's just our blessing was either so big or powerful it somehow was protecting the Solar even when we weren't at the Rising Stones. Not that the Ascians seemed to keep a real close eye on us. Otherwise you'd think Emet or Elidibus would have been able to do quick maths about just how the Crystal Tower was adjusted to time travel.
    (4)

Character
    Hayk Farsight
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    I still love how people seem to misunderstand how the Blessing of Light and Echo work when it comes to Tempering protection. Think of them as mitigation tools.

The Echo is the 20% mitigation tool of Rampart, the Blessing of Light is more like the unique 30% mitigation moves (Sentinel, Shadow Wall, Vengeance, Nebula).

People with just the Echo are protected. People with the Blessing of Light get that stacked on top of it, so they are protected MORE. There is no retcon when it comes to how the Blessing of Light works when it comes to protection against Tempering.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Alijana Tumet
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    I don't recall it being specifically stated at any point prior to Endwalker that the blessing helped ward off tempering.

It started off being some kind of vague countermeasure against primals and Ascians alike, then only started to be shaped into what it is presently in Shadowbringers where it was able to ward off the corruption of the Lightwardens for a time.
    (10)

Player
    Character
    Sanna Rosewood
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    I don't think our Blessing failing was the whole reason why we came close to becoming a Light Warden. That we didn't have enough space for all of that aether was the bigger factor. It would be like filling up a glass to the brim and then playing with surface tension. Sooner or later that surface tension is going to break and the liquid will spill over. Meanwhile you're also moving said glass around threatening to not only break that surface tension but to spill everything inside the glass. It's why we're fine once we fuse with Ardbert. He makes us a bigger container. Which might have put Emet into a small dilemma. As sure he says he'd have to enact his "Able to contain all that light" plan, but could he really do it? Would we still need to fight him?
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Sajah Lane
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 88
    Having recently replayed through ARR and 3.0, the BoL seemed to mostly serve as some form of Ascian repellent. Not having the BoL from the time Midgardsomr takes it away to the time you regain it (with multiple primals in between) doesn't affect the WoL at all except when an Ascian is involved where they comment on the strength of your protection/their ability to inflict harm upon you.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Tristain Archambeau
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrotica View Post
    Well hopefully the Blessing of Light will fade away as the plot progresses. We have the magic ward thingies now. Don't need Venat's voodoo messing up my internal aether anymore.

And I would be surprised if they ever bring up the resonant again. This game has great emotional writing, but plot cohesion needs a better editor in charge.
    Oh no sweetie... mother's (pathological) love for you is eternal...

Q: Now that Hydaelyn is gone, will the Warrior of Light no longer have the Blessing of Light?
    A: I really don’t think the Blessing of Light will disappear, and I wouldn’t want it to. Perhaps she regranted the Blessing at the very end but either way I want to think that it will always protect the Warrior of Light just like she said “My love will be with you forever, my dearest children”. Those words I think will be the blessing that will carry forward.
    :`)

Looks like Yoshi dodged the story not so subtly bashing us over the head with its "move on, MOVE ON sweaty, your friends are dead" schpiel. His waifu's love is eternal.
    (11)
    When the game's story becomes self-aware:

9. 05-16-2022 04:46 AM
    Reason
    no longer relevant

Character
    Hayk Farsight
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    They are right though, we don't need this in EVERY thread, especially when the arguments have been done to death.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Sanna Rosewood
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    So this is how it feels to have a post removed. I was genuinely concerned though as above post isn't normally what a said someone posts when they post. I've also stated more than once that I'm tired of seeing said argument retreaded over and over again. Especially since this thread has nothing to do with said argument. But rather if a line that at times does feel as though it's been treated as a throw away line in hopes it's forgotten was to hint at something that none of us thought about when new information about the Blessing of Light came to be. Whilst also discussing when or how its been depicted throughout the story up to EW.
    (3)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast