Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Wilber Abby
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 90
    Either the PVP CC system is so far out of tune that players can win and look like they're cheating, or people are cheating. There's quite a bit of the first, but a ton of the second.
    (1)

Character
    Grinning Serpent
    World
    Maduin
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilbur View Post
    Either the PVP CC system is so far out of tune that players can win and look like they're cheating, or people are cheating. There's quite a bit of the first, but a ton of the second.
    People keep saying there's a ton of the latter but I have literally never seen it and people with thousands of wins are saying they've seen it single digit times. "WHM interrupted my LB!" is something a skilled player could do manually so that happening to you, even multiple times in a match, isn't necessarily evidence of cheating. I guess you could lump win trading in, but that honestly sounds like it's an Aether problem. I haven't heard of it being much of a thing on Crystal or Primal.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nyte Shayd
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    I've not played 1000 matches, but I am in the 200 range, and I've seen it once that I can be sure of. It exists, but I agree, it's not every single match like some people wanna claim.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Awashio Sazanami
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Gserpent View Post
    People keep saying there's a ton of the latter but I have literally never seen it and people with thousands of wins are saying they've seen it single digit times. "WHM interrupted my LB!" is something a skilled player could do manually so that happening to you, even multiple times in a match, isn't necessarily evidence of cheating. I guess you could lump win trading in, but that honestly sounds like it's an Aether problem. I haven't heard of it being much of a thing on Crystal or Primal.
    Yeah i wouldnt call it cheating but there is a bit of a difference of doing it frame 1 and normal human reaction speed.
    Multiple times, i was canceled before my lb animation even started to play while the whm literally just attacked somebody else.
    Not like it matters, you cant cancel ast lb, its a little sus tho if you press the button and immediately get morphed vs. you get a tiiny bit in and then get morphed.

But i definitely canceled lbs before when i was whm. Especially other whms, so in itself its not cheating, it depends how often and how quick it happens in a match, but you cant really keep track of it.

It does become sus if you are in a pile and the whm is doing something else and still frame 1your lb with the type of masterful targeting we have.

But who knows…
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Kapra Goatmog
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Recently made account with 3 classes leveled...sounds like a bait.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Brys Beddict
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by KickRox View Post

The matchmaking needs work, sure. Jobs need tweaks, and purify / resilience is begging for attention, no doubt. But the unfortunate truth for the salt slingers is that we all face the same odds re: match ups, trollers, bad parties. If ANY of it were a chronic enough issue, no one would make it to crystal within a given season.

99.9% of the time, it’s just someone that thinks they’re a lot better than they are and would rather dear diary their lack of talent before they admit to themselves that they just aren’t very good.

It’s taken a long time to peak this much interest in PvP and I’d hate to see a single potential challenger bail on giving it a shot because some beta @ an led rainbow keyboard doesn’t realize that they just suck.
    I believe you are right when you say cheating is not prevalent. But there are also some fundamental flaws in what you wrote here. Yes, everybody faces "the same odds", but odds are still odds and not certainties. While those odds tend to even things out over the course of a 1,000 + matches, most people don't play that many matches and so they can have vastly different experiences when it comes to ranking up even if they have identical skills. Luck in matchmaking, party composition, and the order of your wins/losses are arguably more important for your rank than your own skill over your first several hundred matches. Until they have a sufficiently high number of matches you simply cannot rule out that someone is where they are just because they got luckier / unluckier than average. You acknowledge that yourself when you feel the need to say that you "did not win streak to crystal in a day".

So, for the sake of fairness, you should not dismiss other people's complaints as "believing they are better than they are".
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kick Rox
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Gserpent View Post
    My favorite is:

“I used my entire burst on a MCH/DRG/any no/low barrier job and did 0 damage! This cheating is out of control!!!”

Cheating huh..? Sure it was cheating..? You sure they didn’t have an LB PLD using guardian because they took the time to, ya know.. learn what each skill doe— oh look, they deleted their reply.

Again, I’m not saying it’s not there. But it’s absolutely nowhere near the levels people insist. Not at crystal at least. We play with/against each other every day, all day. If someone were overtly cheating (outside of win trading) you’d have actual crystal players calling them out, by name, both in game and on the boards. There’d be legit threads with screenshots, links to footage videos etc. just like the one exposing real offensivename the crystal dc 1st place.

But whatever helps them sleep at night ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    (2)

Character
    Edie Ul'mehdi
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by KickRox View Post
    My favorite is:

“I used my entire burst on a MCH/DRG/any no/low barrier job and did 0 damage! This cheating is out of control!!!”

Cheating huh..? Sure it was cheating..? You sure they didn’t have an LB PLD using guardian because they took the time to, ya know.. learn what each skill doe— oh look, they deleted their reply.

Again, I’m not saying it’s not there. But it’s absolutely nowhere near the levels people insist. Not at crystal at least. We play with/against each other every day, all day. If someone were overtly cheating (outside of win trading) you’d have actual crystal players calling them out, by name, both in game and on the boards. There’d be legit threads with screenshots, links to footage videos etc. just like the one exposing real offensivename the crystal dc 1st place.

But whatever helps them sleep at night ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    That's all well and good

Yet here's the thing

Outside of Streamers catching cheaters on VOD having definative proof of Scripting/Hacking, a YouTube Channel that was exposing all the cheats (which got hit with a takedown) and so on

Know why nobody posts it on the official forums?

Because Witch Hunting and Call out posts are not allowed.

But you keep pretending that those players that suddenly snap auto target and Poly at an inhuman reaction time, those that run around at sprint speed forever and can't ever be CCed are legit players and not at all cheating to get ahead.

Whatever helps you sleep at night I guess?
    (2)

Character
    Grinning Serpent
    World
    Maduin
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by JanVanding View Post
    That's all well and good

Yet here's the thing

Outside of Streamers catching cheaters on VOD having definative proof of Scripting/Hacking, a YouTube Channel that was exposing all the cheats (which got hit with a takedown) and so on

Know why nobody posts it on the official forums?

Because Witch Hunting and Call out posts are not allowed.

But you keep pretending that those players that suddenly snap auto target and Poly at an inhuman reaction time, those that run around at sprint speed forever and can't ever be CCed are legit players and not at all cheating to get ahead.

Whatever helps you sleep at night I guess?
    They don't post it here, but this is far from the only location where XIV things are discussed. Honestly, it's probably not even in the top 5. Other places tend to be fine with "call out" type stuff as long as the person provides evidence of their claims to the moderators before posting it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kick Rox
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by JanVanding View Post
    But you keep pretending that those that run around at sprint speed forever and can't ever be CCed are legit players and not at all cheating to get ahead.
    When I actually see either of these two things, for the first time, I’ll let you know there, sport.

Still recording every match, still running playback on anything that seems off at the time, still a legitimate explanation for the 3 or 4 times out of 1200+ matches something didn’t add up.. until I realized despite my extensive pvp experience, I still have things to learn about how the game works.

But isn’t it just easier to blame ‘cheaters’?
    (0)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast