Player
    Character
    Tylwyth Teg
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by AsiTsurugi View Post
    I do like the specimen you are replying to seems to think using a thesaurus makes him look smart --- despite being incapable of writing in coherent sentences or spelling half the words correctly --- all the while his own self-defeating existence, well, being self-defeating. Top it off with a complete lack of self-awareness and an ego that is trademark of the bottom of the barrel trying to cling onto anything that he thinks gives any credence to him as a person. He thinks eating manure that the devs served without complaining is "chivalrous". Surely that is a telling sign of the person he is, and people that frequent the General forums that he represents
    Everything I hate about gaming forums, wrapped up in one smug-without-cause package. Though given how my blocks are showing up, I’ve come to the conclusion it’s just one troll posing as 2. Which would fit right in with my impression of gaming forums.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Tai Natuia
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 85
    I was informed I do not play enough high level content to know how annoying the samurai changes were. Or it was something like I don't play high enough level to understand how amazing they were I guess.

Seriously I am level 60 my rotation is now literally the same as it was with one extra button in replacement of the button I was able to use to boost damage and gave me some thought with the class. Now it is just a random extra button shinten. (just an off global) Oh my gauge is going up what could I possibly do, engage disengage shinten, oh boy oh boy my options. I am going to hit literally the only button that does more damage when movement isn't an issue. This is boring, and I am no longer having fun leveling samurai. Yoshi P said in his letter, just play the class first before getting upset about it. I played it, at this level it is boring same thing as level 50 nothing really new.

Meditate is great for downtime right? for Shinten the only ability you would use if you don't need movement. I missed being able to think about buffing my dot or my big heavy hitter, it gave me something to think about and I enjoyed it, now it is just one extra dps button that really does nothing just damage. It is a filler gauge spender you can just brainlessly press. If they were going to make things like monk I would have been fine with this change, but it is not like monks. They just took away my options and gave me one. I guess it wont matter because the roulette puts me in only level 50 content anyway, I guess now when I get something level 60 I wont get excited for my new buttons I get the equivalent of say jump or something without the cool animation except at level 60 without everything else that makes a class like dragoon fun. Samurai is no longer fun, thanks, I hate it.

Maybe I am just not big brained enough to know how amazing these changes I guess are, but I feel like people couldn't be trusted to think about a skill so they just gave you the button to mash to keep the simple dps players happy. I know it is a meme for brain dead dps, but this is just depressing. I wish I too could put my level at 90 like yoshi and forget the leveling process even existed maybe than I would enjoy these changes, at end game, where I am not currently playing samurai.
    (10)
    Last edited by Faafetai; 05-25-2022 at 02:44 AM.

Player
    Character
    Asi Tsurugi
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Faafetai View Post
    I was informed I do not play enough high level content to know how annoying the samurai changes were. Seriously I am level 60 my rotation is now literally the same as it was with one extra button in replacement of the button I was able to use to boost damage and gave me some thought with the class. Now it is just a random extra button shinten. Oh my gauge is going up what could I possibly do, engage disengage shinten, oh boy oh boy my options. I am going to hit literally the only button that does more damage when movement isn't an issue. This is boring, and I am no longer having fun leveling samurai. Yoshi P said in his letter, just play the class first before getting upset about it. I played it, at this level it is boring same thing as level 50 nothing really new. Meditate is great for downtime right? for Shinten the only ability you would use if you don't need movement. I missed being able to think about buffing my dot or my big heavy hitter, it gave me something to think about and I enjoyed it, now it is just one extra dps button that really does nothing just damage. It is a filler gauge spender you can just brainlessly press. If they were going to make things like monk I would have been fine with this change, but it is not like monks. They just took away my options and gave me one. I guess it wont matter because the roulette puts me in only level 50 content anyway, I guess now when I get something level 60 I wont get excited for my new buttons I get the equivalent of say jump or something without the cool animation except at level 60 without everything else that makes a class like dragoon fun. Samurai is no longer fun, thanks, I hate it.
    The way I see it, even someone who has SAM at 60 finding the job insipid, annoying and boring, at 30 levels short of max level, is quite telling of the job's changes.
    (7)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Faafetai View Post
    Oh my gauge is going up what could I possibly do, engage disengage shinten, oh boy oh boy my options. I am going to hit literally the only button that does more damage when movement isn't an issue.
    Shinten actually has the same kenki-to-potency ratio as the other 2, so if you don't need to save your movement abilities, it literally doesn't matter how you spend your kenki anymore - they're all equal. u_u
    (8)
    Last edited by cjbeagle; 05-25-2022 at 02:53 AM.

Player
    Character
    Vencio Luirex
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Except it isn’t,

Just a matter of development & learning till Lv.90.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Gin'ei Mikazuki
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Vencio View Post
    Except it isn’t,

The job now plays exactly the same for a general rotation from start to finish is what they're saying. If the only difference is 2 or 3 abilities by the end, then there's something very wrong with the progression of it all, just like the new SMN is like a skeleton and not actually a full job, because it is.

The changes made to SAM flattened it to the point that it's barely different from lvl 60 at lvl 90
    (11)

Player
    Character
    Minerva Goldwinne
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    Except it isn’t,

You realize, that the job after 52 doesn't change other than hitting your shinten button more often as you go along, right? Or did you not read the myriad of threads about how one action changed the entire flow of the class? Or do you cherry pick what you like to see, and act accordingly?

But sure, yeah, let people quit because they don't like these changes. Less whiners, right? You realize you don't even have to post on the forums, or even look at these, right? Kind of dispels your 'annoyance' at the whiners. Who's to stop SE from ripping your favorite classes apart at the seems in the name of "reducing button bloat"? Guess you'll just take it like a champ then? I still wonder why you even bother posting at all other than just to be a troll then feign victimhood. Because given your behavior, seeking professional help on this would be a good idea.

In other words, those who still play SAM & hardly complain I salute & follow “Bushido”,

You & the other’s follow the contrary principle of “Bushito” all because you just cannot embrace the job all the same.
    This is a game, not real life. We pay to play this game. Because we pay to play this game that they put out, we aren't forced to do what we don't want to do and voice our dislike over it, much like you. Even if it was real life, why would you accept lesser things when you know you can have better? I mean I shouldn't ask a question to which I know the answer to, but you know, was just a common follow up. But go ahead and do your "salutes", I'm sure many would welcome the praise of a distinguished troll as yourself.
    (8)
    Last edited by Ruminous; 05-25-2022 at 08:22 AM.

Player
    Character
    Asi Tsurugi
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruminous View Post
    Who's to stop SE from ripping your favorite classes apart at the seems in the name of "reducing button bloat"? .
    That one will probably welcome that and praise SE for making the game more "accessible" to people who play the game for 4 hours/week, like himself lol

Funny thing is, there are autobattler gachas around, where all you need to do is put your credit card number and tab out, while your wallet is drained and the game removes any semblance of gameplay. Would probably suit people with skill level similar to the specimen you responded to perfectly.
    (6)

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24