Player
    Character
    Ymir Bombullshale
    World
    Halicarnassus
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90

Possible to touch up the Coils of Bahamut Raids?

With the rework of the ARR MSQ and including trusts to get the required MSQ content easier to complete, is it possible to do the same for the Coils raids? As it stands they're incredibly hard to complete for players at the right time in the MSQ considering they have somewhat important plot points and introduce and flesh out many characters that are used later in the story. It's so difficult to get a group willing to run it, since it's above normal difficulty and excluded from roulettes, that many people haven't completed them yet despite finishing endwalker already.

Currently what's recommended for sprouts is to beg in Newbie Network for a mentor to make an unsynced party and carry them through at level 90 for the story, but that seems like an unreliable solution. if the dev team is going back to touch up old content it seems like a solid choice for them to modify these so that they can be put in roulettes and completed at the right time in the story.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Gabriel Morgan
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    A story difficulty would be nice, though probably low on their priority list.

However, you can easily get 1 or 2 people to help you if you just make a PF saying you are running through it unsynced. It's not perfect, but you'll generally get one or two people looking for first time bonuses.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Gullis Hufsason
    World
    Twintania
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    You could do it unsynced for the story. I did, but it feels very cheap doing it like that.

Would be cool if they changed
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Noyce Deeps
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    I think they should make an easier mode, make the new easy mode the "normal" mode and add it to raid roulettes so it's easy to get parties in the DF, and rebrand the current normal to "hard", after all hard modes were a thing of ARR.
    It's a pity that such important lore is locked behind something that you should wait until to far later game to do unsync.
    (6)
    Last edited by Deslyxic; 05-14-2022 at 12:09 AM.

Player
    Character
    Micu Padron
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Just unsync it, you can do it alone nowadays. And if you want to do it the fun way even synced is much easier than it was, I don't think a story mode is needed
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Ymir Bombullshale
    World
    Halicarnassus
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by NakanoTEA View Post
    Just unsync it, you can do it alone nowadays. And if you want to do it the fun way even synced is much easier than it was, I don't think a story mode is needed
    Did you even read my post where I outlined the exact thing you're saying?
    It should be in a roulette if it's required story content. Missing it at level 50 you essentially miss the entire introduction of Alisae and a lot of information about Louisoix. Having people unsync it at level 90 when they've already cleared Endwalker doesn't really solve the problem.
    Along with the fact that free trial players can't make a party finder to play content, they have to do everything through the duty finder synced unless they know about newbie network and can ask someone to make a party for them.
    (4)
    Last edited by VerdeLuck; 05-14-2022 at 04:28 AM.

Player
    Character
    Charak Dragneel
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Leatherworker Lv 90
    Just do it solo, blind prog, as a lvl60 BLU

it's just as challenging. I'd say the biggest one needing of adjustment is Second Coil - Turn 3, there's a one-shot mechanic that can only be bypass by shear luck and animation locking at lvl60.
    (0)
    Last edited by Charak; 05-16-2022 at 11:09 PM.

Player
    Character
    Kirya Nordrain
    World
    Spriggan
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 77
    Technically even at level 50 you can just use PF to find a single person to help you go through it unsynched for the story. That's the road I've taken. You can also ask around if you're a part of FC. Frankly done the run of 2nd coil synced with a mix of FC and Party finder. It was fun.
    (0)