Player
    Character
    Fynlar Eira
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90

Let us toggle/disable the controller shortcuts for removing UI + taking screenshot

L1 + start/options takes a screenshot, for those who don't know. As far as I'm aware (I've inquired numerous times and done numerous googling attempts), there is currently no way to disable these commands for controller users like I'm guessing there is for keyboard users.

I have taken literally dozens and dozens of accidental screenshots with absolutely nothing interesting happening in them over the years, almost all whilst trying to autorun somewhere + access the menu as I'm doing it -- autorunning for me being the prime time for me to dig into the menu, open my inventory and throw out some trash, take a look in the party finder, or what have you...

Anyway, please let the (my) agony stop.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kayden Live
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    I'm all for SE providing more options for players like this even though I wouldn't use this particular option.

May I suggest a workaround that you may or may not like? I've set all the "main menu" options that I want access to frequently on-the-go to one of my cross-hotbars, in particular my WXHB, the one where I double press one of the triggers to bring it up, but if you are already using both your WXHB and expanded hold XHBs, then consider the following in the next paragraph.

Go to Character Configuration -> Hotbar Settings -> Custom -> Set Selection and enable all 3 options in that section, and in the unsheathed section select only your main hotbar you never want to leave while in combat. Then for the sheathed section, select only your main hotbar and the hotbar you dump your main menu shortcuts to.

With the previously stated configuration settings, you should be able to initiate auto-run, presumably your weapon is sheathed at this point, and then just tap R1/RB on the controller to swap between your main hotbar and your main menu hotbar.
    (0)