Player
    Character
    Aelda Schuvorther
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabmow View Post
    So i pulled half the room instead of the full room. Let me be please. I/m learning this shiz.
    No. YOUR tanks are all 71+. Pull the room or go do Trusts.

If your tanks were all < 50, then I would understand you "learning this shiz."
    (23)
    Last edited by Xtrasweettea; 05-05-2022 at 09:57 PM. Reason: spelling

Player
    Character
    Rei Makato
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtrasweettea View Post
    No. YOUR tanks are all 71+. Pull the room or go do Trusts.

If your tanks were all < 50, then I would understand you "learning this shiz."
    You can even wall to wall pull with trusts so that isnt even a thing lol. What i dont get is as a tank nothing really changes wether you have 3 mobs or 20, spam aoe and cycle cds is optimal for both
    (8)
    Savage Completion Rate ~5%+ of active players. Community: "Ugh stop catering to savage"
    Ultimate Completion Rate ~1% of active players. Community: "Ugh stop catering to the hardcore raiders"
    Frontline/ Rival Wings/ Hidden Gorge Mount Aquisition ~0.05-1% of active players. Community: "Ugh PVP is so dead in this game, they should stop investing in it"
    Blue Mage Morbol Mount Aquisition ~0.01% of active players. Community: "WoW bLuE mAgE iS sO fUn AnD aCtIvE i CaN't WaIt FoR mOrE lImItEd JoBs"

Player
    Character
    Thepale Rider
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Anhra View Post
    Imagine considering running Dungeons slower than average a waste of time, yet wasting time is the very nature of Video Games in the first place.
    This is such a shallow strawman
    Just because video games are recreational doesn't mean we can't or shouldn't play them efficiently

Regardless of how one chooses to spend their time it will allows be finite, so conserving in any facet life may be a net gain
    (17)

Player
    Character
    Lanore Evermourne
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    I pull like I'm playing Elden Ring.
    (2)
    Your boos mean nothing! I've seen what makes you people cheer. -Rick Sanchez

Character
    Anhra Nefaris
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquilmelody7 View Post
    This is such a shallow strawman
    Just because video games are recreational doesn't mean we can't or shouldn't play them efficiently

Regardless of how one chooses to spend their time it will allows be finite, so conserving in any facet life may be a net gain
    How one "wastes their time" is up to each individual. If you force your "efficiency" method onto others, you will have to answer to a GM sooner or later for breaking ToS.

Quite inefficient for someone, who values efficiency.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Asima Daigon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    How one "wastes their time" is up to each individual. If you force your "efficiency" method onto others, you will have to answer to a GM sooner or later for breaking ToS.

Quite inefficient for someone, who values efficiency.
    You're only breaking ToS if you verbally harass the player. How many times ive seen dps or healer pull the next pack into the first to force a bigger pull. You're not going to get banned or "answer to a GM" for that. As stated above, it takes no more or less skill for a tank to properly rotate cooldown on 1 pack vs 2-3. To the tank it is only the perception of more mobs that makes it seem more difficult. The actual "skill" involed (assuming a tank knows how to rotate defensives) is on the healer. As a tank your job should be to pull based on how well you're healer can keep you alive and how much dps you're group puts out.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Draygomir Wrothlasch
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 61
    Unless you've done all content as a tank...then "you're still learning".

Dungeons are not that cookie-cutter.

Nobody even has all their tools for their job while levelling (like all their AoE's or healer 'oh crap' buttons) to make wall-to-wall pulling even efficient.

Tank anxiety is real for some people and they may have not overcome it yet.

Players still do stupid stuff all the time to screw up pulls and mechanics making tanking not as easy as everyone says. If you're in Duty Finder it's a literal crap shoot with strangers.
    (9)
    "Wherever you go, there you are." ~ Buckaroo Bonzai

Character
    Anhra Nefaris
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Kniteroad View Post
    You're only breaking ToS if you verbally harass the player. How many times ive seen dps or healer pull the next pack into the first to force a bigger pull. You're not going to get banned or "answer to a GM" for that. As stated above, it takes no more or less skill for a tank to properly rotate cooldown on 1 pack vs 2-3. To the tank it is only the perception of more mobs that makes it seem more difficult. The actual "skill" involed (assuming a tank knows how to rotate defensives) is on the healer. As a tank your job should be to pull based on how well you're healer can keep you alive and how much dps you're group puts out.
    Efficiency Clowns arent even going to argue, true, since they 99% of all cases straight up go for a votekick when it comes to Dungeon content being not up to their standards without even showing the slightest bit of consideration.

And that my friend, is not only harassment, it is also a issue taken very seriously by GMs if votekick gets abused like that.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Chopstix Maulader
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabmow View Post
    So i pulled half the room instead of the full room. Let me be please. I/m learning this shiz.
    I'm a newb DPS. I dont aoe and I only do autos on one target (abilities are too hard for me to use sorry). Let me be please. I'm learning this shiz.

lvl50 up you have your 20%, your 30%, your invuln, you have arm's length, you have stun, and you have reprisal

at least double pack pulls are not rocket science, you just start with rampart when they are gathered and use the next thing when it runs out
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Asima Daigon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    Efficiency Clowns arent even going to argue, true, since they 99% of all cases straight up go for a votekick when it comes to Dungeon content being not up to their standards without even showing the slightest bit of consideration.

And that my friend, is not only harassment, it is also a issue taken very seriously by GMs if votekick gets abused like that.
    That’s a massive exaggeration. The only people who get vote kicked are the “you don’t pay my sub” people who have bad attitudes when people try and make them do something they don’t want to. In my 6 years of playing this game I’ve never seen a vote kick for your average 1 mob tank.
    (2)

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast