Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Staribbon Xu
    World
    Maduin
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90

GARO Achievements: Please change win requirements to games played

Acquiring wins is too frustrating and insisting upon 60 is unfair. Please change it from wins to matches played. This will make it easier for us who are only here for GARO items.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Iyrnwaen Aispyrthota
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    It should go without saying, but the requirement is wins instead of matches so folks who just want the cosmetics don't swarm in and throw all their matches to the detriment of the folks who are there to PvP.
    (34)

Player
    Character
    Alinne Seamont
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Well OP, i'm sure that people stuck at any level of dungeon would like to get their loot, however you need to clear to get your chest or title or quest achievement.

The PVP equivalent is typically wins, in some cases a point system can be used to give partial credit for in the case of a loss but that's typically much slower. The whole point is to encourage and motivate people to participate, improve and try to win the match.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Barachim Vandal
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    I hate PvP with a burning passion, yet I pulled through with my 60 wins. Just take your time. If it's anything like the last time it was here, it won't end any time soon.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Deceptus Keelon
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by JamieRose View Post
    Acquiring wins is too frustrating and insisting upon 60 is unfair. Please change it from wins to matches played. This will make it easier for us who are only here for GARO items.
    At least now it count CC as progress, before you had to do frontlines which were their own sort of FusterCluck.
    (1)
    • Veteran healers don't care if we actually have to heal, but right now we don't. We simply want something interesting to do during the downtime. That is not asking for a lot
    • Dead DPS do no DPS. Raised DPS do 25/50% lower DPS. Do the mechanics and don't stand in bad stuff.
    • Other games expect basic competence, FFXIV is pleasantly surprised by it. Other games have toxic elitism. FFXIV has toxic casualism.

6. 05-05-2022 10:02 AM

Player
    Character
    Abysmal Duck
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Iyrnwaen View Post
    It should go without saying, but the requirement is wins instead of matches so folks who just want the cosmetics don't swarm in and throw all their matches to the detriment of the folks who are there to PvP.
    You must not play PvP. They already do this. Maybe not as much in CC, but FL is a different story.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Iyrnwaen Aispyrthota
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by AbysmalDuck View Post
    You must not play PvP. They already do this. Maybe not as much in CC, but FL is a different story.
    If your argument is "because some people are dicks, SE should encourage everyone to be a dick", then your argument is obviously stupid.
    If that's not your argument, then I have no idea what you're trying to say in the context of this thread.
    (10)

Player
    Character
    Niobe Elakha
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by JamieRose View Post
    Sounds to me you want to get the rewards by sitting afk at the base which would be pretty unfair to those who put in some effort.
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Jitah'li Habhoka
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 90
    peaople are already playing frontline just to do their daily roulette, caring only about exp, you want that to cc too?

not like garo ponies help much, but cc season and garo have made pvp pretty lively lately despite the balance issues, and i dare to say that is a good thing. gasp

got ginga last night, it was not fun since i was playing kinda late and people had begun to turn into tunnel moding zombies, but the overall the experience was enjoyable.

(2)

Player
    Character
    Volk Virses
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 83
    I'm also trying to get the Garo mounts, but I would rather not have to deal with (more) afkers. It's much more fun when everyone is doing their best, even if we lose.
    (5)

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast