Player
    Character
    Silver Strider
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Liam_Harper View Post
    Unpopular opinion but honestly I'm not a fan of the healer lv86 abilities. Exaltation is good, but overall they're just unnecessary filler for the sake of pretending to give healers more buttons. They're probably on the weaker side on purpose because we don't really need more single target heal, especially with tanks getting some ridiculous free mitigation/heal on 25s cooldowns. Sure, you can find a use for them sometimes, but you wouldn't really miss them either if you had to play without them
    Eye for an Eye was like the level 86 skills but was also in a time when Tanks didn't have ridiculously powerful Mitigation tools that invalidated it and that's really the problem with them, the time for them to shine passed before they even had a chance. Maybe if we unlocked them at around level 15 or so, the skills would at least be useful for low level content but at level 86? It's just meaningless fluff that only shines when you get no mitigation tanks or to try and save someone that has collected 1 too many vuln stacks and that's really it. Eye for an Eye at least had some synergy with SCH because you could D.Tactics it to everyone but none of the level 86 skills have any such synergy with their class and is just another flop in healer design.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Rutherford Hayes
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    I don't like Zoe but appreciate it's usefulness as a combo with Pneuma and your shields.

Soteria just needs something else. I was thinking of reworking it similar to Macrocosmos. Instead of healing your team based on the amount of damage they take, you can heal your team based on the damage you deal within the duration.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Noah Orih
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by krislox View Post
    I don't like Zoe but appreciate it's usefulness as a combo with Pneuma and your shields.

Soteria just needs something else. I was thinking of reworking it similar to Macrocosmos. Instead of healing your team based on the amount of damage they take, you can heal your team based on the damage you deal within the duration.
    The biggest problem I have with Zoe as a separate button is that it largely exists to exclusively compliment Pneuma and nothing else. That's not a perfectly true statement as there are moments where Zoe + E. Prognosis gets used. I use it at the start of a fight if my partner isn't a Scholar and also use it going into the add phase of P3S, but Sage just doesn't have GCD heals worth using 90% of the time, so I feel like Zoe's not that great of a tool unlike Kaiten which had much more flexibility as a singular buff especially now that it also worked with Ogi Namikiri. You used it always for certain actions, but because you had to manage a resource to use it, it was something you had to keep in mind, even if it was relatively easy to do so. A minor amount of flexibility would be lost by removing Zoe and just increasing Pneuma's heal potency to 900, but it would realistically not change much about Sage's gameplay at all.

That's not to say that the best solution is to cut it, but rather, what can we do to make it less of a binary button?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Liam Harper
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver-Strider View Post
    Maybe if we unlocked them at around level 15 or so, the skills would at least be useful for low level content but at level 86? It's just meaningless fluff that only shines when you get no mitigation tanks or to try and save someone that has collected 1 too many vuln stacks and that's really it. Eye for an Eye at least had some synergy with SCH because you could D.Tactics it to everyone but none of the level 86 skills have any such synergy with their class and is just another flop in healer design.
    I think what gets me is that it could have been a slot for another dps action. One action is hardly a fix of course, but it'd be something and 86 is quite late to unlock so SE don't have to panic over new players brains exploding.

Instead we got single target filler healing fluff to add to our bloated heal kits that's basically irrelevant when they made tanks semi-indestructible. Such a waste of an ability slot.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Silver Strider
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Liam_Harper View Post
    I think what gets me is that it could have been a slot for another dps action. One action is hardly a fix of course, but it'd be something and 86 is quite late to unlock so SE don't have to panic over new players brains exploding.

Instead we got single target filler healing fluff to add to our bloated heal kits that's basically irrelevant when they made tanks semi-indestructible. Such a waste of an ability slot.
    Even if the level 86 skills didn't exist as skill, we still wouldn't have gotten any DPS skills. They doubled down on the shit gameplay design that was ShB healers so the likelihood of them actually giving Healers more DPS options is about as likely as world peace.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Qoo Er
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by ty_taurus View Post
    That's not to say that the best solution is to cut it, but rather, what can we do to make it less of a binary button?
    make zoe affect any healing action? perhaps it could even double the damage reduction of kera/holos
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Deceptus Keelon
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    I just really wish instead of all the upfront healing they had, they leaned into more of the shield role they're supposed to be.

Kerachole: Reduces Damage by 10% and 500 Total Potency Regen. Why not 500 up front shield and 10% damage reduction? Because one of the main reasons you use this is for raidwides and then recovery.

Taurochole: Reduces Damage by 10% and 700 Potency direct heal. Generally used for Tank Busters. Why not 700 Potency Shield and reduced damage?

Holos: Reduces Damage by 10% and 300 Pot Party heal.

See the point? This is supposed to be a shield job not a direct heal job. All of these Reduction is damage tied to direct heals make no sense.

Outside of that, the fact they don't get their dot until level 30 is a pretty major design oversight.
    (0)
    Last edited by Deceptus; 05-13-2022 at 09:44 PM.
    • Veteran healers don't care if we actually have to heal, but right now we don't. We simply want something interesting to do during the downtime. That is not asking for a lot
    • Dead DPS do no DPS. Raised DPS do 25/50% lower DPS. Do the mechanics and don't stand in bad stuff.
    • Other games expect basic competence, FFXIV is pleasantly surprised by it. Other games have toxic elitism. FFXIV has toxic casualism.

Character
    Seraphor Vhinasch
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    More ways to generate Addersting, preferably ways that don't cost GCD heals, because Toxikon is not built to be a GCD-heal-refund like Afflatus Misery, it's Ruin II, a movement/weave tool. Perhaps Phlegma generates 1 Addersting every time it's used to form a sort of loose combo system.
    New skill: Eukrasian Toxikon, potency changed to 450 and 75% less for remaining enemies. The rationale here is Toxikon is a dps neutral movement/weaving tool, but if you Eukrasia it, you spend your weave window for additional damage, like sticking an Energy Drain in there.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Inhaled Corn
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Seraphor View Post
    More ways to generate Addersting, preferably ways that don't cost GCD heals, because Toxikon is not built to be a GCD-heal-refund like Afflatus Misery, it's Ruin II, a movement/weave tool. Perhaps Phlegma generates 1 Addersting every time it's used to form a sort of loose combo system.
    New skill: Eukrasian Toxikon, potency changed to 450 and 75% less for remaining enemies. The rationale here is Toxikon is a dps neutral movement/weaving tool, but if you Eukrasia it, you spend your weave window for additional damage, like sticking an Energy Drain in there.
    Question 1: Why would I ever want to use regular Toxicon if I can always use Eukrasian Toxicon for extra potency? There is still a very small weave window on Eukrasia skills for oGCDs, assuming you have 0 spell speed.

Question 2: why would I be saving Addersting procs for weaving when you made it do more damage than Dosis? Wouldn't I want to use Eukrasian Toxicon within my burst window? So, now, you've basically turned my movement tool into another burst window tool. Sage damage can now vary wildly depending on whether or not the boss has downtime that will allow me to freely refresh stacks.
    (1)
    Ideal state of tanks: You cannot hurt me in any way that matters
    Ideal state of DPS: I can kill you and leave no forensic evidence
    Ideal state of healers: What did you say? Honey, hold my flower.

Player
    Character
    Waxillium Larede
    World
    Twintania
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by QooEr View Post
    make zoe affect any healing action? perhaps it could even double the damage reduction of kera/holos
    I'd rather see Holos becoming a shield and Holos and Physis 2 becoming GCDs like Pneuma (maybe with a damage around self AoE like Dnc's standard step), they would fit more into the Dps healer idea and that way when using Zoe Sage would have to pick between Pneuma for higher burst healing and reach, Physis 2 for overall higher total healing and heal buff and Holos for when they need to heavily mitigate something
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by IttyBitty View Post
    Emnity management is a group responsibility, HP management is a group responsibility, Mitigation is a group responsibility ,DPS is a group responsibility
    Anybody saying "I only want to <x>" just tells me they are lazy and selfish.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast