Player
    Character
    Latorn Lorokar
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90

Duty Support Co-op

I play the MSQ with my SO, and we'd love to be able to hop in a dungeon and have the scions pick up the other two spots rather than randoms that just want to rush through.

I'm all for those that want the single player experience, but do you think we'll ever get that private co-op experience too?
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Gabriel Morgan
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    Maybe sometime down the line, but that doesn't seem to be in the cards right now.

It's probably harder to program having 2 PCs with AI instead of 1, because who does the AI follow? And they'd probably have to do more to make it balanced in the "average of 30 min runs" they are going for with trusts. I'm sure they could create solutions to both of these issues, but they may not be interested in doing so right now, especially since they have the rest of ARR and then HW and SB dungeons to create Trust AIs for (they are less reactive AIs and more just scripted to act in specific ways for every given fight, which is why they are rolling Trusts out segment by segment).
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Joran Kayaba
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 61
    I think this would be an amazing addition, but do understand how niche of a change this would be. A buddy and I are doing msq together and it's just us at like 2am cst and queue sucks.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Jain Farstrider
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    My wife and I duo every game we play going all the way to back to EQ1 in 1999. That doesn't mean we won't join a party. But there are times when we won't join a guild, FC, etc or just aim to do content at a different pace than other players. Years ago, we threw in the towel with LOTRO since it just wasn't friendly to duos. It was like the game was designed specifically to prevent people from duoing (not purposefully of course).

Then a few years after we took a break, they added in a concept similar to what is the today's Echo in FFXIV. But, it didn't make the content easy. It made the content doable with a duo. Instances were scaled to your party size. It really made that game enjoyable. We stuck with it until we hit content that didn't have that Echo - imagine it is the equivalent of being able to run ARR -> ShB as a duo, but nothing in EW. I'm including stuff like extreme trials, savage raids, etc. Of course, by the time you run this stuff, it isn't for gear anymore. It is for the challenge of doing it.

I'm hoping FFXIV goes the same path. I don't really want to run ShB trials unsync'd but I wouldn't expect to run it sync'd. Let me run it with a friend and the Duty Support system.
    (1)