Player
    Character
    Elodie Claire
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Cure II upgrades from Cure I

Let some new form of Freecure (MPless, OGCD cure 2?) proc from the Lillies. Bring up all of the lily stuff to be early, do this with every job tbh, give abilities fast and use traits to hike their potency later.

These are probably poor ideas but yeah, Free Cure needs to go regardless.

Until the healing model gets changed from pretend to real outside of late savage/ultimate this only effects early game but considering how glacial XIV doles out abilities that's a good thing too I suppose.

I had low hopes for that "reduce the level for getting skills" statement and was still disappointed.
    They didn't even take SMN's Elemental Mastery from 86, that trait is like half the job. Made me laugh out loud.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Red Rider
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    If anything, just make a 'Freecure II' trait that makes it proc off lilies. Sure, it's relatively rare to need to cast Cure II after a lily heal, but at least it happens, specially while leveling.

It's not that Freecure itself is a bad trait - it's useful between lv 30-50, but it's pointless after that because Cure I itself becomes pointless. Even if, for whatever reason, they removed Tetra and Solace, people would still just cast Cure II, rather than spam Cure I. That's how pointless it is.
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Allegor View Post
    Can't increase healing requirements because "it'd stress the newbies"
    Can't increase dps options either because "it'd stress the newbies"
    so apparently the only option that doesn't "stress the newbies" is either pressing 1211111111, or do nothing at all.

Player
    Character
    Cyrillo Rongway
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Allegor View Post
    If anything, just make a 'Freecure II' trait that makes it proc off lilies. Sure, it's relatively rare to need to cast Cure II after a lily heal, but at least it happens, specially while leveling.
    I'd rather have Freecure just give lily heals a chance to refund the lily upon cast.
    (0)
    Error 3102 Club, Order of the 52nd Hour

Player
    Character
    Hope Sunflame
    World
    Twintania
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    I'm doing MINE content and our first venture has been to ARR extremes. Let me tell you: I usually love healing, but I wouldn't touch current level 50 WHM there with a barge-pole. I've seen our WHM suffer.
    (0)
    Mortal Fist

Player
    Character
    Silver Strider
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by RobynDaBank View Post
    I'm doing MINE content and our first venture has been to ARR extremes. Let me tell you: I usually love healing, but I wouldn't touch current level 50 WHM there with a barge-pole. I've seen our WHM suffer.
    Now, maybe I'm misremembering something but I swear that ARR WHM had it easier than current level 50 WHM, simply because you have more tools to utilize that made Healing easier. While potency adjustments have happened across the board, making jobs easier by virtue of killing things quicker and taking less damage, the gameplay of WHM has absolutely suffered as time has gone on.

Back in ARR, using Stoneskin+Regen as preventative healing was more cost effective than using Cure 2 and if you really needed it, Divine Seal was on a 60s CD that buffed your heals to power thru a lot of the spike damage that ARR had. Now though? Cure 2 is all you have. If a problem cannot be solved with Cure 2 spam (assuming you have the resources to even spam it because no real MP economy sub level 50), you're just SOL. Baby's 1st healer is the absolute worst at its job starting off and it really doesn't get better until 70+, which should be a huge red flag for SE but is completely ignored because they don't balance with old content in mind.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Qoo Er
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver-Strider View Post
    Now, maybe I'm misremembering something but I swear that ARR WHM had it easier than current level 50 WHM, simply because you have more tools to utilize that made Healing easier. While potency adjustments have happened across the board, making jobs easier by virtue of killing things quicker and taking less damage, the gameplay of WHM has absolutely suffered as time has gone on.

Back in ARR, using Stoneskin+Regen as preventative healing was more cost effective than using Cure 2 and if you really needed it, Divine Seal was on a 60s CD that buffed your heals to power thru a lot of the spike damage that ARR had. Now though? Cure 2 is all you have. If a problem cannot be solved with Cure 2 spam (assuming you have the resources to even spam it because no real MP economy sub level 50), you're just SOL. Baby's 1st healer is the absolute worst at its job starting off and it really doesn't get better until 70+, which should be a huge red flag for SE but is completely ignored because they don't balance with old content in mind.
    whm also had virus which meant it could help with mitigating attacks instead of being at the mercy of the entire party doing their job right.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Silver Strider
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by QooEr View Post
    whm also had virus which meant it could help with mitigating attacks instead of being at the mercy of the entire party doing their job right.
    And Eye for an Eye for Mitigation but I just wanted to name skills native to WHM rather than Cross class skills. Still, it just goes to show how neglected Healers are at low levels considering how many old, useful skills were removed and the backloading of skills just makes running MINE content that much more of a chore.
    (2)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2