Player
    Character
    Noah Orih
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by rewd View Post
    A "You are right, WHM's downtime problem can be solved" would have sufficed.
    The one good thing WHM has going for it identity wise is it's the only low APM healer and your suggestion defecates on that. WHM does not need to be a weave machine in order to be good. Lilies being GCD that reward you with DPS return is one of the last remaining interesting things about healers. Ruining it is not a problem solver
    (8)

Player
    Shadowflare - Ward Miasma II, Plot Broil IV
    Character
    Reiner Osborne
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    A pet peeve that I’ve developed ever since the DPS neutral misery and 20s lily timer was added is how abundant the random WHMs who are still not relying on their lilies.

Cure I, Cure II, Medica, Medica II spammer in lv80/90 duties. Holy moly, what are they doing with their now-overabundant lilies?

Squeenix can lower the lily timer to 5s per 1 lily and I’ll still see these spammers ignoring their lilies any days. They are no use unless the WHM are actually using them.

Tell me, what’s so stinky from the lily that they just don’t want to touch it? /s
    (11)

Player
    Character
    Silver Strider
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Rein_eon_Osborne View Post
    A pet peeve that I’ve developed ever since the DPS neutral misery and 20s lily timer was added is how abundant the random WHMs who are still not relying on their lilies.

Cure I, Cure II, Medica, Medica II spammer in lv80/90 duties. Holy moly, what are they doing with their now-overabundant lilies?

Squeenix can lower the lily timer to 5s per 1 lily and I’ll still see these spammers ignoring their lilies any days. They are no use unless the WHM are actually using them.

Tell me, what’s so stinky from the lily that they just don’t want to touch it? /s
    Personally, the 2.5s recast after using a Lily with how few oGCDs WHM has to weave feels particularly awful IMO. I mean, I already blew thru all my oGCDs already prior to using my Lilies so apart from maybe a Divine Benison here and there, I really don't have much to weave and it just feels like I'm twiddling my fingers waiting to do something else.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Red Rider
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90

I never liked how lilies smell, they may be pretty flowers but they are indeed stinky

Jokes aside, I don't think there's anything to be done there. WHM is intentionally designed so that even a literal toddler, or the laziest of lazy people can use it, so while it's inneficient af, if only Cures and Medicas will suffice to get the job done, that's all they'll press.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver-Strider View Post
    Personally, the 2.5s recast after using a Lily with how few oGCDs WHM has to weave feels particularly awful IMO. I mean, I already blew thru all my oGCDs already prior to using my Lilies so apart from maybe a Divine Benison here and there, I really don't have much to weave and it just feels like I'm twiddling my fingers waiting to do something else.
    That's kinda how I feel playing RDM, there's always that awkward pause inbetween dualcasts
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Allegor View Post
    Can't increase healing requirements because "it'd stress the newbies"
    Can't increase dps options either because "it'd stress the newbies"
    so apparently the only option that doesn't "stress the newbies" is either pressing 1211111111, or do nothing at all.

Player
    Character
    Mia Shino
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    1. Holy is obtained at level 15 with no stun.
    2. Lily gauge unlocked by Haukke Manor.
    3. Misery is unlocked by or at level 50 (preferably much of the sooner than 50).
    4. Holy upgrades into Holy II at level 45 and gains the stun.
    5. Cast time of Holy should be one half gcd.

Now back port this to all healers. We should all have aoe by Sastasha.. fricken all jobs should have this.

No job should be waiting until post fifty to unlock the job gauge this should be at Haukke as minimum because this is first dungeon you can switch from class to job within.

All healers should have one ogcd option minimum by Haukke to assist in training new players to use ogcd > gcd healing tools. Unlocking one lengthy ogcd that screams emergency button to new players is awful terrible bad design and I do not like it. Could do this with Cure 3 perhaps? Template exists in PvP already.

Ooooofff course you see more of the heal bot White Mages in the later levels. They had to wait until 50 for one ogcd heal! Astro has ED in first dungeon and Scholar gets three Lustrates in Dismal Darkhold..

Most importantly over here!

Stop attempting the designating of one class for babies it is not working. White Mage is worse at doing its job then any other healer while being the least newbie friendly. All it does is teach really really bad habits. Stop it Square. Get some help.
    (12)

Player
    Character
    Alvaro Rivera
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Not so much a complaint about Misery so much so about Tetragammaton. Tetragammaton needs to have a weak level 30 version. Kind of insane for WHM to not have a single target oGCD until level 60. When SCH and Sage get theirs at level 45 and AST get's theirs at level freaking 15.

Probably due to the fact WHM gets the lily system so late in its leveling life that no casual WHM player has even come close to developing the muscle memory to use them or even know they exist. Using and relying on Cure and Cure 2 for 52 long ass levels before you get Solace and relying on and using Medica and Medica 2 for 76!!! even longer ass levels makes it hard, and sometimes impossible for some, to learn to use Solace and Rapture when they get it in their minds that; "I've been doing fine so far" or "I didn't even know these things existed".

Lily system needs to be brought down to pre-level 50 and both Solace and Rapture, and/or their low level counterparts, need to be learned at the same time and not 24 levels apart, good god.

And to put it into perspective on just how long that stretch of 24 levels is: a new player learns Solace a bit into Heavensward but doesn't learn Rapture until they're almost done with Shadowbringers.
    (6)
    Last edited by Cithaerias_pyropina; 05-04-2022 at 02:52 AM.

Player
    Character
    Tolo Rewd
    World
    Spriggan
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Cithaerias_pyropina View Post
    Not so much a complaint about Misery so much so about Tetragammaton. Tetragammaton needs to have a weak level 30 version. Kind of insane for WHM to not have a single target oGCD until level 60. When SCH and Sage get theirs at level 45 and AST get's theirs at level freaking 15.

WHM gets Benediction, but it needs a shorter CD.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Alvaro Rivera
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Oh yes, that cooldown. I completely forgot about it. If its cooldown were reduced, which still wouldn't help WHM, it would need an actual healing potency number. Maybe a 90 second cooldown with something like 1200 or 1800 potency and if used on a target with less than 25% HP it puts a 500 potency HoT on them that ticks 3 or 4 times. Not completely broken but still achieves Benediction's original purpose but could be used twice as often.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Winter Gem
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    I always thought the Cooldown should be around 120 seconds considering how starved they are for oGCDs but recently I started wondering if Benediction should have stacks too. I don't mean charges for multiple uses but rather stacks that allow Benediction to grow in power over time. Let's say you start an instance with 10 stacks on your Benediction and it heals for 100% HP the first time you use it like normal. It goes on Cooldown but every 18 seconds from there forward it gains a stack worth 10% of the targets health. So after 180 seconds it is back at 10 stacks and heals for 100% health but after 90 seconds it has 5 stacks and heals for 50% health. This way Benediction remains powerful and can be used as it always has but is more flexible and able to assist with smaller healing requirements too.
    (1)

Player
    Shadowflare - Ward Miasma II, Plot Broil IV
    Character
    Reiner Osborne
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Adjusting Benediction to heal at 40%-50% of max HP at 90s cooldown would probably make it a more useful tool than the outdated crap we have right now.
    (2)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast