FC Ranks

I really don't know how this is still in game but -
    For example i have 5 ranks in my FC
    Master - Owner
    Administrator - Friend of master
    Moderator - people who will watch over members
    User
    New

Master is an FC owner, Administrator is a friend of FC owner with all the rights, but we need someone who can still watch over FC, so we create an Moderator with a rights to Kick and Promote members, what can go wrong right ? Everything ...
    I really don't know, but it's not supposed to work like that, now Moderator can promote self to Administrator, or just kick an Administrator, take his place destroy the FC and leave, the only thing he cant do -kick Master of FC. If you will give someone Rank settings, Moderator can promote himself there and do whatever he wants with this settings. There is no way u can have officers in ur FC if only it's not ppl who you really trust, otherwise you will lose everything even a house.
    Why Rank that placed lower, can do whatever it want even with the Ranks higher ???
    Fix this ...
    (0)
    Last edited by DeviumX; 04-28-2022 at 09:37 PM.

Player
    Character
    Neola Arolin
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    The FC master role can only be changed by the FC master, regardless of what permissions you give to other FC members.
    Even given the ability to promote/demote members, only the FC master can change the person in the FC master group (and can only have one member).
    Promoting someone to the FC master group will demote the current FC master to the third group (I believe it is) the group that new members are inserted to when joining the FC.

Anyone in the FC can be granted every permission EXCEPT the permission to promote self or other person to FC master, this only the FC master can do.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Neola Arolin
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Concerning the ranking system, yes if you give a lower rank permission to edit ranks, and promote/demote members, they can edit ANY rank (except master rank) and promote/demote anyone (except FC master).
    Please be very careful with any permissions that allow editing of ranks (permissions) and promoting/demoting. These need to be people you trust. Once you give someone permission to edit the ranks they can grant any other permissions to themself. Once you grant someone to promote/demote, they can promote themself to a rank with more permissions and achieve the same.

It is possible for someone to demote or remove their own permissions as well, requiring another member with permissions to "fix" this mess up.
    The FC master will always have full access to any FC permission and can not be removed from that role by anyone except himself/herself by promoting someone else to the master rank.

Yes, someone you grant permission to edit ranks can grant themself permission to demolish the house and sell the property. Please be careful.

Do not give ANYONE permission to promote/demote or edit ranks to anyone except those you trust.
    Officers do not need this permission if it is not necessary in your FC.
    As default settings this permission is granted, but you can remove this permission so the FC master is the only one who can grant permissions or promote/demote members.

It might be more ideal that one can not promote themself or others to a rank higher than which they currently are, however, this is not currently how the system works.
    This would require some complicated reprogramming, mostly because it is also possible to "reorder" the ranks too, then which is higher rank than the others now???

I think an improvement should be made to housing and FC permissions and we were told that this will be looked into later when the development team has time to do so.

This is not a bug per-say, but intended behavior.
    The system works as it was designed and this would be a feature request rather than a bug report.
    (1)
    Last edited by neola; 04-29-2022 at 01:53 AM.

Player
    Character
    Evi Hope
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80
    The system works as it was designed
    I'm sorry, but never in my life i saw something like this, because whole point of Ranks\Roles is more rights. If it work just fine, then tell me, for example i'll become Moderator of this forum, so now i can kick Admin, delete everything, leave just a blank page and a owner with it ? xD this is nonsens... Whole point of Ranks is an ability to do more or less, and it's pointless when lowest rank can kick higher rank, promote to the higher rank etc ... just look up how it works in Discord for example lol
    (0)