Player
    Character
    Emmylou Sugarbean
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 40
    Quote Originally Posted by Gserpent View Post
    Individual performance *absolutely* matters. You can literally look at the scoreboard and see that...
    Make your trolling even more obvious to stoke your own ego. This argument is absurd, of course people who enter in premades will top the scoreboard you rube. The scoreboard doesn't tell you group composition. Claiming scoreboard ranking is at all meaningful in terms of measuring individual performance when you have solo queues mixed in with premades and no way to distinguish them is hilariously dumb.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Emmylou Sugarbean
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 40
    And we should believe that you solo queued because... you said so I take it? And that you didn't cherry pick this match too, right? Also it doesn't help your case that you are literally playing a meme spec that can annihilate people with impunity and then bail out. And it conveniently leaves out all the SMN/WHM/SCH job icons on your team I'm sure.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Ophelia Irika
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    I will say that individual performance matters. It's always has. However, that doesn't mean it'll translate to a win, especially if you're solo queuing. After all, it's a team game, and teams definitely affect how one plays.

I'm not sure if these type of matches exist anymore since the update, but back then there were rare games where one player would acquire 30+ kills in a match but still end up placing last finishing with only 600 points.
    (7)

Character
    Yukiko Kurosawa
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Winning in frontlines just amounts to whether or not your team will throw the match straight out of the gate. That is all it comes down to at this point. Are you on a team full of people who actually want to win or who just want to get a quick loss for their daily completion.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Eno Rauron
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90

Onsal Hakair, Still not great.

as of late 2023 I can say as a person that isn't into PVP its still awful.

I got hyperfixated on wanting that mount back in 2019, 4 1/2 years ago now and i'm still not really closer by any stretch.

32 wins now out of the 180 games which isn't a lot but several bouts of losing streaks in a row really takes it out of you even in a "Just 1 win every Onsal Hakair day would be enough right?" I'm on a 5 game losing streak today so far, felt like typing in here of hopes of excising this anxiety demon crawling up my spine. Many of my Hiatus' from FF14 have been related to me realizing Onsal Hakair is a thing, and that mount I can't have exists. and there I go torturing myself again.

try as I might. No amount of "Git Gud" toxicity is possible, I suck at pvp and don't enjoy it, but what choice do I have if I want that mount?
    If that specific mount was obtainable by any other means i'd go for it in a heartbeat.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Elfidan Gadfor
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Eno_R View Post
    try as I might. No amount of "Git Gud" toxicity is possible, I suck at pvp and don't enjoy it, but what choice do I have if I want that mount?
    If that specific mount was obtainable by any other means i'd go for it in a heartbeat.
    I'm sorry you aren't enjoying what is most likely the best version of frontline at the moment. I too wish it was better. However, if you have the gil, I will point out you can buy a Red version of this mount which was made available through PVE content. Hopefully things start to look up for your side foray into PVP.
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Commander_Justitia View Post
    Buff Blackmage
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikoto View Post
    If there was a downvote button I'd be pressing it.

Player
    Character
    Eno Rauron
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Elfidan View Post
    I'm sorry you aren't enjoying what is most likely the best version of frontline at the moment. I too wish it was better. However, if you have the gil, I will point out you can buy a Red version of this mount which was made available through PVE content. Hopefully things start to look up for your side foray into PVP.
    Thanks, sadly I've never been a fan of pvp, only reason I ever get drawn in when FF14 is concerned is the rewards (Wolf marks were easy to get and a lot of the clothes and gear looks great, but i've gotten most of what i've wanted through endless failure now)

Frontline has come a long way and its gotten better by far, my chances for winning as a member of the Flames has leapt from "Maelstrom always wins unless Adders do" to a statistically better "your team doesn't matter as you are now in a random group, that should be 1 in 3? unless you're terrible at pvp"

and as for the Red version of the mount I wish I could settle and grab it instead. I've considered it, but I preferred the metal coloring over Red, I don't have 13 Million to spare, and given how I can't handle the stress of Pvp I'd have equally as bad a time trying to learn High-End Duty content to obtain it legit from the Faux commander.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Teno Gestalt
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    as of late 2023 I can say as a person that isn't into PVP its still awful.

I got hyperfixated on wanting that mount back in 2019, 4 1/2 years ago now and i'm still not really closer by any stretch.

32 wins now out of the 180 games which isn't a lot but several bouts of losing streaks in a row really takes it out of you even in a "Just 1 win every Onsal Hakair day would be enough right?" I'm on a 5 game losing streak today so far, felt like typing in here of hopes of excising this anxiety demon crawling up my spine. Many of my Hiatus' from FF14 have been related to me realizing Onsal Hakair is a thing, and that mount I can't have exists. and there I go torturing myself again.

So what ? There are plenty of things that are locked behind hard or grindy things, it is what it is. If you don't enjoy it you've got a similar red mount for gil, which is a decent alternative.
    (5)
    Last edited by Teno; 11-15-2023 at 09:43 PM.

Player
    Character
    Clotho Prima
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Thanks, sadly I've never been a fan of pvp, only reason I ever get drawn in when FF14 is concerned is the rewards (Wolf marks were easy to get and a lot of the clothes and gear looks great, but i've gotten most of what i've wanted through endless failure now)

Frontline has come a long way and its gotten better by far, my chances for winning as a member of the Flames has leapt from "Maelstrom always wins unless Adders do" to a statistically better "your team doesn't matter as you are now in a random group, that should be 1 in 3? unless you're terrible at pvp"

and as for the Red version of the mount I wish I could settle and grab it instead. I've considered it, but I preferred the metal coloring over Red, I don't have 13 Million to spare, and given how I can't handle the stress of Pvp I'd have equally as bad a time trying to learn High-End Duty content to obtain it legit from the Faux commander.
    Well it wouldn't be much of a reward if you didn't have to put in some effort for it.

The options are:

Grinding Onsal for 100 wins.

Doing the unreal for a couple of weeks.

Grinding gil passively for a bit.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Alinne Seamont
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90

You know, reading your comment I'd say that the issue is less FL, but more you- which I feel you realize. I'm in no way trying to criticize you, nor am I saying that FL doesn't have its share of issues.

I just wanted to share that years ago, I was playing a PvP game and I was so nervous that I avoided some parts of the game. I was fortunate enough to have a friend who was one of the best PvPers, and dueled me (while my hands were literally shaking). it wasn't an overnight change, but I did improve, in fact I got onto his static (not that I was ever as good as him!).

So the whole point, is that trying to struggle alone is quite disheartening, and it's very hard to improve that way. Try to find a friend, there's a Discord as well, and it's amazing what some feedback can do. You may even enjoy it one day.
    (2)

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast