Player
    Character
    Super' Mario
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90

Limit Breaks in PvE

The new PvP Limit Breaks are incredible! I was wondering would dev team consider making the current Limit Break 2 into Limit Break 1, and make the PvP Limit Break into Limit Break 2 PvE? And Limit Break 3 remains the same. Think this would add some flavor in PvE content.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Composa Dos
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    ya know that dosent sould like a bad idea...in fact, if you would I would take it a slight step further.

Each player should their own Limit Break bar that goes up to lv 2, but at the same time all players simply by acting contribute to the LB3 bar (which is shared by the whole team).

(personal) LB lv1 grants some kind of class specific buff to the one who casted it
    (Personal) LB lv2 its the PVP Limit breaks
    (team wide) LB lv3 basically what it already is, but additionally grants that class specific buff to everyone.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Enkidoh Roux
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    That was actually what your weaponskills were meant to be originally (from 1.0 you had a 'TP' (or 'Tactical Points') bar that had to build up before you could use a weaponskill which was basically a glorified (but not flashy) Limit Break;.. but this system was gradually dumbed down in the effort to speed up combat - from ARR's launch weaponskills became normal abilities and the TP gauge was changed so that it was full by default and gradually was expended and would slowly regenerate. Now the TP gauge has been completely scrapped and weaponskills can be effectively spammed, effectively disengaging them from their original purpose.

Because of this, it's possible that Yoshi might look at something like that, but it seems he's been concentrating on having the Limit Break system a shared resource across the party, rather than having it independent for each character, so I don't see this changing for PvE sadly (potentially a similar use could be attached to the Job gauge, but that's probably too complicated).
    (5)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rannie View Post
    Aaaaannnd now I just had a mental image of Lahabrea walking into a store called Bodies R Us and trying on different humans.... >.<

Lahabrea: hn too tall... tooo short.... Juuuuuust right.
    Venat was right.

Player
    Character
    Leih'to Molkoh
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Are we speaking about the animations (in which case, I agree it would be nice to have some visual flavor to level 2 LBs), or the effects (in which case, might be tricky, for example for WHM)?
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Noah Orih
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    It doesn't quite work as a shared system, especially with certain limit breaks in mind. SGE, for example, has something very unique and interesting for PVP, but is rendered mediocre in PVE. Additionally, you're then competing with every other job for your own specific limit break to shine. I definitely think PVP can be a great source of inspiration for many potential PVE changes, especially for the healers, but limit breaks, I think, need a different type of update. We do really need to see limit breaks updated at some point since DPS limit breaks are falling off in terms of usefulness as DPS continue to get stronger and stronger.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Super' Mario
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Yeah maybe not all PvP Limit Breaks will work in PVE content, but would like the devs to take inspiration from them and updates to Limit Break 1&2 animations.

I personally would love it if Tank/Healer/DPS Limit Breaks we're not tied together and separate.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Garnet Stormborn
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    Oh god no image them failing at trying to balance unique lb2 for every class..... NIGHTMARE
    (1)
    R.I.P samurai main 2022 - REAPER TIME!

Player
    Character
    Aylin Bielawska
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by forsakee View Post
    Oh god no image them failing at trying to balance unique lb2 for every class..... NIGHTMARE
    As it stands, now, we only ever use DPS LBs anyway, of which we always go for Melee LB3. So if you're worried about one being more used than another, we're already there.
    If you're worried about meta, or whatever, well, we're actually still already there.

Personally, I would prefer we have personal limit breaks as well as a team limit break. Perhaps they're testing it out with PVP, and they're thinking about giving it to us as level 100 capstone abilities?
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Leih'to Molkoh
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    The fun part about this, is that there is actually no major difference at all between a Limit Break and any other long cooldown.
    So balancing them wouldn't be harder than any other ability.
    In PvP, all LBs are on a 60/90/120s CD. Unlike the current PvE LB, which loads when you get hit or deal damage also.
    The only difference with a standard cooldown is that it doesn't load when you are tanking the floor.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Ilisidi Malguri
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 90
    In light party my single target melee LB2 is more useful than "find the best position to hit as many targets as possible" PVP one.
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast