Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    Player
    Character
    Nola Ustrina
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Tbh, the more I think about it, the more I don't want them to just add the ability to target allies as I originally had thought before. I already have 5 Draw and Junction macros so I can swap stances on the fly to specifically the right enemy without having to target them. To simply add the ability to target teammates with Draw and Junction would mean I would need even more macros, up to an additional 5, so I can accurately be in the right stance at the right time. Versus just having a singular button like the RDM shift idea. I would still like to have the ability to swap in the end, as it's core to the enjoyment I have with the job and think it suits it fairly well, we will just have to see what can be done about it in the future while still retaining the enjoyment from playing it. Someone convince Yoshi to main it.
    (2)

Character
    Grinning Serpent
    World
    Maduin
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixon View Post
    Tbh, the more I think about it, the more I don't want them to just add the ability to target allies as I originally had thought before. I already have 5 Draw and Junction macros so I can swap stances on the fly to specifically the right enemy without having to target them. To simply add the ability to target teammates with Draw and Junction would mean I would need even more macros, up to an additional 5, so I can accurately be in the right stance at the right time. Versus just having a singular button like the RDM shift idea. I would still like to have the ability to swap in the end, as it's core to the enjoyment I have with the job and think it suits it fairly well, we will just have to see what can be done about it in the future while still retaining the enjoyment from playing it. Someone convince Yoshi to main it.
    An alternative would be to simply ensure all three D&J abilities (Blasting Zone, Nebula, and Aurora) are available at all times, and they continue to share the cooldown. Blasting Zone is 6000 potency without DPS, 10000 with. Nebula doesn't have the thorns damage without Tank junction. Aurora is 4000 healing and 2000 regen without Healer, 8000 healing and 3000 regen with.

Blasting Zone would probably never get used without DPS junction (6000 damage on a 20 sec cooldown is pretty bad), but I'm not convinced that's necessarily a bad thing. The main thing is to ensure that all three "class" skills are available at all times, and that they continue to share a cooldown.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nola Ustrina
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    The good news is that since 6.11a, the damage is pretty nuts. GNB LB is pretty much a DRG LB on a feaster timer, with the potential to do way more damage at the cost of being easier to avoid/disrupt. The extra padding on the LB helps, though I have still been nuked through even Nebula + GNB LB for 43% mitigation. The biggest issue still is the crowd control while using it, especially with the rise of the Ice Mages. Any sort of CC and simply moving away can completely remove value from GNB LB, though perhaps that is their attention and it's simply a skill issue if you don't execute it properly.

The healing is nice for the extra 3k on your Recuperates, however it didn't really do anything to make Healer Junction any better. It's still the worst Junction to be in 90% of the time, by having less sustain than Tank Junction, and less damage than Tank or DPS Junction. Perhaps if the healing per oGCD was increased? Or maybe if the heals were changed to shields so it worked on full health targets? Unsure how to properly tackle that stance to make it more viable.

DPS Junctions damage is very nice. The almost 30k burst of Rough Divide > Double Down > Blasting zone is very good, and you can pretty much one shot squishies with Rough Divide > GNB LB > Double Down > Blasting Zone. Though it's still the frailest job in the game while in that junction, having absolutely zero sustain or defense outside of the standard Guard and Recuperate.

Tank Junction is still the comfiest to be in. 50% uptime on 20% mitigation plus your retaliation damage does 3.6k while under the No Mercy buff is pretty good for staying in a fight and dealing a lot of damage, though you are still squishier than the other tanks in my opinion. Then there is still the issue that while in tank stance, because you have no party utility or crowd control and because you cannot swap stances on the fly, if you are in tank stance and the enemy is ignoring you for your teammates, there isn't anything you can do unless Draw and Junction is up and you can swap to DPS stance to try and pressure the enemy off your team.

Overall, I think GNB is in a pretty good state outside of Draw and Junction and Healer stance. Just needs a nerf to the BLM terror, a tweak to make GNB stances more available, and a slight buff to Healer stance to be great.
    (1)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6