Character
    Dal S'ta
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Esmoire View Post
    no one wants more Stuffed Bom Boko.
    Which you cannot turn in or desynth. You can vendor it for a couple of gil, of course.

The Moonward gear is quite nice for those alt jobs where you don't want to start out purchasing iLevel 580 gear. Yeah, it's not of much use if you're sitting in 600 gear, but the vast majority of players are not decked out in iLevel 600 gear at this point, and many don't have the gil to purchase the crafted gear. It's a nice bonus (along with the other dungeon gear for alts).
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jojoya Joya
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by DPZ2 View Post
    Which you cannot turn in or desynth. You can vendor it for a couple of gil, of course.

The Moonward gear is quite nice for those alt jobs where you don't want to start out purchasing iLevel 580 gear. Yeah, it's not of much use if you're sitting in 600 gear, but the vast majority of players are not decked out in iLevel 600 gear at this point, and many don't have the gil to purchase the crafted gear. It's a nice bonus (along with the other dungeon gear for alts).
    The Moonward is also useful for gearing retainers.

The problem is the gear is rarely for a role being leveled. I've got one alt who's leveling PLD and RDM. The Moonward gear she gets back is inevitably Healing/Scouting/Striking/Aiming. She hasn't gotten a single piece of Fending or Casting out of about a dozen pieces so far. I won't need the gear for her when she hits 90 - I'll be making Classical sets - but it would have been nice for her retainers.

I don't mind hanging onto the items until 6.2 when I'll be able to Desynth or turn them in with Expert Delivery because I have the inventory space to spare on a retainer. But not everyone is going to be that lucky.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mei Coincounter
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    The liberation is now. Moonward will trouble you no more.
    (2)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2