Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Azami Phoebus
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 69
    I don't know what you're on about, I never said anything like this. I was just answering why there is a request meld system to begin with.
    Never once I gave out any wish if not the same as yours, just explaining why they might not do it.
    No idea where you got the idea that I only want crafters to pentameld, that is a really weird take on what I said.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Scarlett Dzian
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 76
    Quote Originally Posted by Liam_Harper View Post
    I feel things like teleport fees and market board fees are fine, because they don't affect how those features function.

Withholding QoL in order to force a gil sink is poor game design though. Fees and sinks are fine, but shouldn't result in game features having reduced functionality or be removed.

"Request mend" should absolutely be a thing.
    it used to be a thing. dunno why they ever got rid of it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Junhee Hatsuharu
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    The game already has too much Gil for everyone. Even adding gold mounts for very high prices didn't really do much.

Requesting mends should 100% be a thing. There's so many times in raiding or even in pf that someone's gear breaks and aren't DoH players so they're just sitting there gimping the whole content. Allowing others to fix their gear would be great and allow DoH players to feel good for being able to come in clutch.

As for actual Gil sinks, people have said that housing taxes should be a thing to free out boarded houses (if you don't log in to play at all/barely, you lose your house). You can even set a mini bank account of sorts for the game to withdraw the money from–kinda like school lunches.

Lost Ark does this thing where you can donation money to the guild in exchange for providing resources for the guild and rewarding you with currency for QoL stuff. They can do this and reward clusters for materia be it DoH/L or combat. Or even teleport tickets.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Dal S'ta
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Unless you can somehow circumvent the fact that you can't trade the repair materials necessary directly to the person who is mending your gear while in an instance, I don't see how this would work. At least in the case of materia, you're not in a battle instance.

I certainly wouldn't spend gil on the required materials 'just in case' someone asked me to mend their gear, and I'd ask for the costs up-front in any case. Grade 7 dark matter has a cost of 200 gil each, Grade 8 dark matter is 280 gil each. Full repair runs over 2000 gil. Since you can't trade gil to me while in a battle instance, and you may be from another world entirely, that's a cost I'd have to eat. Nice for the person who wants a quick repair job, not so much for the actual mender.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Kaimir Barone
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    mad lad they actually did it
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Shuuli Vondael
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    I wonder how this will work with dark matter o.o
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kaimir Barone
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuuli View Post
    I wonder how this will work with dark matter o.o
    if they use the same system as melding then the person being repaired assumes the cost of the dark matter
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Caimie Tsukino
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by AmpelioB View Post
    if they use the same system as melding then the person being repaired assumes the cost of the dark matter
    If you meant "Carbonized Matter" from ARR, that has been removed years ago, and is no longer required for melding materia.

I think it makes more sense for "the person who performs the repair" (i.e. the crafter) rather than "the person being repaired" to assume the cost of Dark Matters. After all, it doesn't make much sense to ask all the raiders to carry Dark Matters with them in raids.
    (0)

“The best crafter is not the one with the best stats, but the one who makes the best use of one’s stats” – By Caimie Tsukino

Character
    Deveryn Ev'liarsh
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Caimie_Tsukino View Post
    If you meant "Carbonized Matter" from ARR, that has been removed years ago, and is no longer required for melding materia.

I think it makes more sense for "the person who performs the repair" (i.e. the crafter) rather than "the person being repaired" to assume the cost of Dark Matters. After all, it doesn't make much sense to ask all the raiders to carry Dark Matters with them in raids.
    Why should I pay for someone else's carelessness like that? Please explain.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Caimie Tsukino
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Deveryn View Post
    Why should I pay for someone else's carelessness like that? Please explain.
    If this is a pre-formed party, this would be called "helping a friend". And when I do as little as repairing friends' gear, I won't charge a dime.

If this is not a pre-formed party, but just a PUG from the DF, this would be called "helping a stranger for the sake of the whole party's victory".

I don't mind paying for 1 or 2 people in a PUG. I don't have to worry about paying for too many people, because they wouldn't know that I'm a crafter during a raid. So unless someone is calling for help, I wouldn't call out and offer to repair anyone anyway. And if too many try to abuse my help, I can always decline as well.

If I can help shorten the run by repairing 1 or 2 strangers, I'd do it. It's much better than letting the rest of the party carrying someone who needed repair and dragging the whole party's progress and precious time.
    (0)

“The best crafter is not the one with the best stats, but the one who makes the best use of one’s stats” – By Caimie Tsukino

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast