Player
    Character
    Bladelord Rictr
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90

What changes would you like to see made to daily and weekly reward systems in game?

Do you think there needs to be more daily roulettes and should there be a change to how things are rewarded through them? I frequently see people leaving certain duties due to the difficulty or amount of time it takes to complete them, such as Titania or one of the Endwalker Trials. Weekly tomestones for gear remain locked at 450 despite there being many more jobs since this system was originally introduced. Similarly weekly raid gear in both normal and savage are locked in a similar way prohibiting players from reclearing raids more than once per week even if they use an alternate role or job. There's also the issue where Crafted gear that releases the same week as new raid tiers is the same ilvl that the raid gear is, which means there really isn't too much incentive in doing the new raids to begin with.

It could also be argued that Hunt trains ultimately trivialise the weekly reward system. You can cap your tomestones in an hour or two via hunt trains which means you have little incentive to do roulettes during the week unless you're leveling an alternate job. Hunt trains in general are probably the most rewarding activity in the game since you can get materia through them in addition to weekly tomestones, tomestones for materials which you can sell on the Marketboard and Poetics. Plus you get Nuts which can also be used to buy more rewards.

For my money I think part of the issue is that you can get the same reward from so many different activities rather than these activities having their own rewards and progression. It's also an issue that currently exists in the game's PVP. Everything you do in the game earns you Experience and Tomestones for gear, plus some other reward which you can use to buy materials for crafting or materia which can also be sold. For some this is probably ok, maybe there is a large part of the playerbase which still enjoys doing roulettes for tomestones rather than just doing hunt trains.

So with all this in mind how do you feel about tomestones, the caps on them? How do you feel about daily roulettes woudl you like to see them broken up a bit? Would you introduce, perhaps, a separate reward system for roulettes at max level? And what about the weekly limit on savage and normal raids? Would you like to see these systems adjusted or scrapped altogether?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Lucretia Ryusagi
    World
    Twintania
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Gearing takes too long, 7+ weeks for one job is too much, the weekly tomestone cap is too low.

also see what the expert thinks:

https://youtu.be/2bZcEzW5mTA
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tani Shirai
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Arohk View Post
    also see what the expert thinks:
    https://youtu.be/2bZcEzW5mTA
    "Is it the bald man again, or someone who's thought about things, outside the 'get me gear faster' / tank perspective, for more than a hot second."

A page-load later: "*sigh*"

Personally, I don't mind the rate of initial gear acquisition for one's first job, though I think there should be fewer bottlenecks to finishing off a BiS set. For further jobs, though, the game needlessly contradicts its "all jobs on one character" feature. It also shouldn't so badly punish those who might not have time within a given week to cap (military, etc.).

Moreover, the means by which we can efficiently meet our weekly currency caps should be broadened through either expansion (adding more currency sources or adding to the content involved within, say, Expert Roulette) or rebalancing (perhaps by raising the amounts offered by all but Hunts and Expert Roulette).

Finally, there's a quite a bit of needless inventory bloat, and players probably shouldn't be quite so badly punished for helping out friends in Savage.

As such, I'd want these 6 things, in decreasing order of significance:
    1. Seasonal caps, rather than weekly caps, or at least for up the remaining currency not acquired in the previous week to be added to the next week's maximum.

2. Increase the base tome rewards (capped and, to a lesser degree, uncapped) for level-cap content, and grant tome rewards weekly for level-cap Challenge Log entries (perhaps adding several categories as reasonable), but decrease the daily bonus for Expert Roulette and the loot per A and S rank.

3. At least double the players required to decrease others' chest rewards (2 repeaters to lose a chest, and at least 4 repeaters to lose both chests).

4. Purchasing a piece of gear with capped tomes thereafter makes that same slot purchasable with non-capped tomes. For instance, if I were to purchase a chestpiece with 825 weekly-cap tomes (presently Astronomy), I could then buy the chestpiece for any other armor class with 825 non-capped tomes (presently Allegory).

5. All raid currencies consolidated into a single item per difficulty per tier, which can then be used to purchase items based on floor cleared. Coffers are gone from Normal Raids; one need only do them once and automatically get a Page. By no longer limiting certain Savage Raid purchases to certain floors' pages, one should be able to more quickly acquire their first important piece and more quickly finish off their BiS list. Upgrade items (Twine, etc.) are removed. Instead, one can simply spend 1 'Page' to upgrade an accessory upon clearing Floor 1, 2 to upgrade Armor upon clearing Floor 2, and 4 to upgrade a weapon upon clearing Floor 4. Once a slot has been upgraded, all further upgrades can instead be done via Normal Raid Pages. When/where those upgrade items could be acquired via hunts, Hunts will make purchasable a 'Page'-equivalent item, though its only raid-gear overlap will be for use in upgrading gear.

6. Normal Raid gear and Alliance Raid gear can now be upgraded. To upgrade Normal Raid gear, one must have acquired a Savage Raid piece of the same slot and spend 2 Normal Pages for Accessories, 4 pages for Armor. Upon acquiring an upgraded piece or Savage piece of the same slot, Alliance Raid gear can be upgraded for 4 NR Pages.
    (0)
    Last edited by Shurrikhan; 02-09-2022 at 09:30 PM.

Player
    Character
    Kenoh'tan Desaali
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    I think they need to make the Challenge Log rewards scale better to your character. If you're at max level doing endgame content you really don't have any incentive to do the log unless you're leveling an alt, and even then you likely don't go out of your way to do any of them except the easy ones for extra exp. The Gold Saucer challenges are good still because they give you something you can still use, but what do the other challenges give? 1000 gil which you can get several times of each roulette? I don't think the rewards need to be spectacular, but I think making them scale to your level and perhaps adding some more to unlock like giving tomestones for doing expert roulettes or the like would add more incentive for more progressed players to touch it.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Jenna Starsong
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Beytran70 View Post
    I think they need to make the Challenge Log rewards scale better to your character.
    Agreed. Completing an exp grating challenge log entry at max level should reward tomes/scrips instead. It doesn't have to to be very many. Even it was only 10 tomes I wouldn't feel like I "wasted" the log by accidentally giving that fifth comm on a level 90, and people who are capped across the board would have a reason to care about it at all.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Lina Kirell
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 80
    I think they indeed should address the dichotomy between the "hey you can play any job" motto and the "but you need half a year to stuff correctly five of them though or enjoy dog shit DPS otherwise".

1 - Like Xeno mentionned, savage coffers become easily useless. For instance this tier, we only needed to run 3 times the 3rd floor, and we need 8 times the 4th. I mean, sort this out please. His idea of exchanging a pants coffer for a 600 tomestone is a great idea.

2 - if above not applied, they should at least consider add 1 accessory enhancer on P1, et 1 armor enhancer on P4.

3 - another idea I had, this time for alt jobs, was to use a permit system : split the cost between a permit for a slot they have us buy, and keep a cost on the item for that slot itself but dramatically reduced.
    For instance, allow us to buy a permit for tomestone head with 400, then all the tomestone heads (caster, healer, etc..) for this tier only cost 100. Same with savage head, 5 books for the 1st permit, then 1 book a head.

So your first job is still gonna take the same time, but second, third etc would be A LOT quicker.

They have to realize spending 3 month to stuff a secondary job is 1/8th of an expansion, and most likely you can throw it away just after you finished because the next tier just got out... Have us be able to equip them with relevant gear when it is relevant please. Otherwise don't insist too much on saying you can do anything when it is only partly true (you can have a main and a bunch of completely sub optimal jobs, taking a part of the fun out of it).
    (0)
    Last edited by Karshan; 02-11-2022 at 12:12 AM.

Player
    Character
    Yami Hami
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    SE's changes to Samurai made me make this post here, because I originally planned to play samurai for the dragonsong ultimate coming out in patch 6.1, but decided to play dragoon instead after they suddenly changed samurai for the worse. I almost didn't have enough coffers/books to be able to gear dragoon on time for it coming out. Samurai was the second job I was gearing on this character, but having to suddenly switch to gearing dragoon felt very unfair. If I didn't have the foresight to save up enough p4s books to have 16 of them to buy the dragoon chest/weapon, I would have been screwed.

I agree that the tome system is flawed and it takes far too long to gear jobs past the first one. I enjoy playing multiple jobs and roles, but it's a big chore to gear 2-4 roles. It certainly doesn't keep me subbed - all it does is frustrate me. There are many ways they could improve the system. For example, they could make savage drop an extra book (so 2 books total) per clear if you don't get lucky and receive a gear coffer/twine/coating/weapon. I also wish they would unlock the tier way earlier. They usually do it like 5 months or longer into the tier, which is much too late. If they unlocked savage loot (just loot, not adding echo) 2 months into the tier, that would be great. A soft-unlock would also be an option, such as allowing 2 clears per week to give loot and doubling the weekly tome limit. I highly doubt it would affect subscription numbers negatively. I just want to have fun playing the game on multiple jobs/classes and not have to worry about whether I get lucky or not with getting loot, which is stressful (ストレス, as the Japanese would say).

I also hope the devs are aware of how every job except black mage requires the p4s raid chest for their BIS, which is another problem with savage gear that occasionally happens, causing a big bottleneck.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Ehva Tacora
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    I'm generally okay with the gearing system, except for weapons. You either clear the latest EX fight, upgrade your relic weapon or get a crafted one. The tomestone weapons are never worth it because it takes so long to get them and they're so expensive. I only ever bother with them, when you can pay with poetics.
    (0)