Page 41 of 136 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 91 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Noah Orih
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    I don't care what kind of hoop I need to jump through to wear the gear I want, but just give me the option to wear what I want to wear, not what I'm forced to wear because the glams I want aren't allowed of my job.
    (7)

2. 05-26-2022 07:24 PM

Player
    Character
    Shisen Akaitama
    World
    Spriggan
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    ... can't say I'd be all that happy if they locked the feature behind a huge grind like leveling every single Job to cap frankly speaking lol
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Sid Lostvayne
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsiron View Post
    ... can't say I'd be all that happy if they locked the feature behind a huge grind like leveling every single Job to cap frankly speaking lol
    I'll take it over not having it altogether..
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Shisen Akaitama
    World
    Spriggan
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    I suppose.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Noah Orih
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    It really doesn't need to be that way of course, but if that's the bargaining chip that I need in order to get into the door, I've already done it. Not every job of mine is at 90 quite yet, but every gear group is in the hopes that this feature will one day get added, and if I do need to have an appropriate job leveled to wear something than the grind's already done.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Shisen Akaitama
    World
    Spriggan
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Putting the cart before the horse here (but hey, engagement) but given that we're talking non-AF gear "only", I think having one per Role at level cap ought to be enough... I already do on my characters because I wanted to complete the Role Quests
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Arlo Nine-tails
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    So... we are due an "overhaul" with the glams in 6.2. What that could entail?

a) Is it a "Glamour log"? Hardly, as they stated recently that it would not be possible with the current structure... But nothing is impossible, however it may be something from a rather distant future.

b) Is it more storage or glamour plates? Could be, but I don't think just that would classify as an "overhaul" as it's just a numerical expansion of what we have.

c) Could be letting us use glamour plates anywhere? I don't remember myself if something was stated on this matter, but just like the point above, I hardly consider this an overhaul.

d) Could be adding dye channels in batches to old sets (as they get their HD versions in)? That would be nice, however with this they'll miss the recycling potential of some items. It would be nice, but I'm not holding my breath for this.

e) Could it be an interface improvement? I think regarding an overhaul it is possible, but I doubt it would be just that - the current interface works fine for what the system is. Maybe it could let us use, for example, just a particular slot of a glamour plate (i.e. you just want the headgear from a particular plate) - I think this would probably be the UI improvement I'd love to have with the current system, given that you can do that already, but with a very clunky swap/unequip movement.

f) Now, the last option would be (maybe in tandem with the above) loosening the restrictions on non Artifact gear, granted you can equip normally - essentially making the "All Class Glamour' tag a thing. I honestly think, given the hype of the word "overhaul" and the system limitations they currently have, this could be about the most meaningful change to the system.
    (4)
    Last edited by Raikai; 05-28-2022 at 05:45 AM.

Player
    Character
    Arlo Nine-tails
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanarkand-Ronso View Post
    Im a supporter of Job Identity and think Jobs should get their own Unique Armor Sets that nothing else can use.
    ...at the same time, I wish more armor sets where more universal, or By The Twelve please get a little more creative and try some new ideas.

More Mage Armor for instance. And I think we could use more Simple designs.
    Id love a Knight/Paladin look that isn't HUGE BULKY Armor.
    Job identity is and have always been there, it's called Artifact gear. Many supporters of this movement actually agree that those should remain unique, given how iconic they are.

Outside of that, there's little job identity as it is!

Reason is that almost every time a new glamour collection is released with a dungeon or raid, it objectively caters to a theme, and this by itself really dilutes the whole "identity" a lot. Warg sets looks like leather and fur for everyone. Law's Order looks like plate for everyone, YoRHa is fashion Tokyo streetwear (as the source material). What's tanky about the Neo-Ishgardian chestpiece?... One of the arms slightly plated? I don't think.

When you go to a website like Eorzea Glam and take a look at the big picture, the cohesion of tanks getting plate and casters getting robes almost seems to be an exception, just here and there we get collections with these apparent silhouettes - don't even get started with Striking/Scouting/Aiming that usually don't have any sort of visual difference between them. And this is not even taking into consideration the casual, joke and seasonal glams.

Some people come with the rhetoric of "If you want to glamour a maiming item, play a maiming job." - But how about Zadnor's chestpiece that is the SAME for fending and maiming, except in the former the dye pattern is plagued with a dirt-brown undyeable side? This example is replicated everywhere, and it just makes the whole argument seem to be arbitrary at best.
    (10)

Player
    Character
    Shisen Akaitama
    World
    Spriggan
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    I'm of a similar mind with regards to the upcoming Glamour overhaul, it's too big of a word for it to just amount to a few extra slots?
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Hong Beifang
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    I'll be honest, I don't think we're getting much in 6.2 aside from doubling the dresser slots. Did they mention an overhaul? I might have missed it. In any case, posting to show support. Job identity is simply not a thing outside of AF gear, has never been, and keeping gear locked is dumb
    (5)

Page 41 of 136 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 91 ... LastLast