Player
    Character
    Hashmael Lightswain
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90

Tracking A ranks in-game?

S ranks give a zone shout (I think? haven't seen an S in ages...). B ranks, if you've got the hunt bill for them, have a proximity notice. Is there no in-game method of knowing if an A rank is up or if you're flying over/near them?

Just happened to be cruising around for the old ARR hunts, just for funsies, see what I can solo, see what mechanics they have, had trouble finding a lot of them. Not knowing whether they're on cooldown or I just didn't look well enough.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Raine Petrichor
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    This would be great. I would also like to see some way of identifying the rank of a hunt. Often see people in linkshells flagging B ranks.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Minah Denma
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Metdevil View Post
    This would be great. I would also like to see some way of identifying the rank of a hunt. Often see people in linkshells flagging B ranks.
    B ranks have a blue symbol on their name whereas A and S ranks have a red symbol.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Jojoya Joya
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    There's no way to confirm that a Rank A is up other than being in proximity to see it or to have someone else find it and relay. Even the hunt bots have to be in normal visual range to detect them.

Since they're so easy for any higher level player to kill solo, chances are it's already dead if you can't find one.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Hashmael Lightswain
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Yeah, I mean, in fairness that's exactly what I was aiming to do myself. But, at least I'd go and report it on the hunt tracker site that I know of. Not that those are very helpful for A ranks anyway, I suppose..
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jojoya Joya
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasrat View Post
    Yeah, I mean, in fairness that's exactly what I was aiming to do myself. But, at least I'd go and report it on the hunt tracker site that I know of. Not that those are very helpful for A ranks anyway, I suppose..
    Few people bother reporting the low level Rank As. The trackers are more useful for train organization and S ranks.
    (0)