Player
    Character
    Alice Lumos
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70

Parsing needs to go.

Parsing has only been out for a little while and already experiencing a lot of toxic wow-like community behavior about it. Mind you I haven't used it myself but I understand the concept of it, and I've already had a group that was intentionally doing a compromising strat on an EX trial to "pad their parse" and kicking anyone who had an issue with it. Didn't have anything about it in the PF info and got mad that people, who joined to actually complete the duty, had an issue with it. Guess this is what you get with the communities merging.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Rhea Seren
    World
    Twintania
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Different playstyles is a valid reason to kick. Which is more toxic in itself than any parser could ever be.

Imho.

Also, people have been parsing since... Well, the very beginning.

Jusy relax! ^^
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Hyomin Park
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by MorbidMisfortune View Post
    Parsing has only been out for a little while and already experiencing a lot of toxic wow-like community behavior about it. Mind you I haven't used it myself but I understand the concept of it, and I've already had a group that was intentionally doing a compromising strat on an EX trial to "pad their parse" and kicking anyone who had an issue with it. Didn't have anything about it in the PF info and got mad that people, who joined to actually complete the duty, had an issue with it. Guess this is what you get with the communities merging.
    Parsing has been around since ARR—which released in 2013. It isn’t new. And it isn’t going anywhere.

Also, the PF leader sets the rules and strats, and is allowed to remove people that don’t want to follow them as they see fit. Their party, their rules. You can always join another one or create one of your own with no such strats or rules. While it’s nice to put strats in the description, it’s not mandatory and cannot be enforced. And if it’s discussed prior to pulling, better to just remove yourself if you disagree with it.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Hatsuka Raigeki
    World
    Kujata
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by MorbidMisfortune View Post
    You really want to avoid players who are openly kicking others without having mentioned any strat on PF. These types of players we normally call "inconsistent parsers" who are putting way more effort than they need to to barely even get a 95. While a top tier parser is just getting 99 while helping players clear/doing weekly loot/farming mounts etc.

At high level of parsing, we don't really need any kind of super strat to get high parses. You can greed on a downtime strat without wiping the group.

Look at illya's strat for example for LR on E8s, people complained so much about the downtime. Yet there are players like Xeno or Fox getting top ranked with it. While greeding responsibly, on Melee/Tank.

I have also been parsing these ex trials and have done this for savage on ShB, and will do so when savage releases in a few days. While i see some actual "Parse" group hosters. Spending an hour to get 1 clear, constantly wiping, for everyone to only get a high purple or bad parse and raging. Meanwhile i am getting my 95-99 on the farm groups that is getting multiple clears and also getting mount, or just helping players clear.

I'm not saying, certain strats are not good. Yes they are, and most statics do them whether for speed kills. But not letting players know especially on PF, while they join with the expectation of farming, is just showing that they don't respect other players.

@the thread which blew up on twitter where, the one guy who complained about why did they use LB because it ruined their parse on a farm pt.
    Is a perfect example of it.

Have a good day.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Misutoraru Valkyrie
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    I no longer do EX or savage

but I think the current situation is the best for both, the "keep it to yourself approach"

When it become a tool require for every content, it will no doubt being misuse and toxicity arise, yet, EX and savage require at least some effect and commitment a tool to find where the issue/s are is needed

So the current one eye close one eye open and keep it in hard content like ex/savage/ultimate is the best option
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Axel Walker
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    I wish parse pts could advertise being parse parties. As they can't be announced as parse party, we got "barse", "purse", "fun run" etc. If the parse pt can be properly announced, just don't enter this type of party and problem solved
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Lewen Blyngeim
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    Parsing itself isn't the problem. The issue is toxic players.
    (2)

"Git Good" - John DarkSouls

Player
    Character
    Payadopa Astraya
    World
    Spriggan
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 71
    Quote Originally Posted by Misutoraru View Post
    I no longer do EX or savage

but I think the current situation is the best for both, the "keep it to yourself approach"

When it become a tool require for every content, it will no doubt being misuse and toxicity arise, yet, EX and savage require at least some effect and commitment a tool to find where the issue/s are is needed

So the current one eye close one eye open and keep it in hard content like ex/savage/ultimate is the best option
    I agree. It's the best solution and a good compromise. People can't be trusted with it otherwise and develop this God complex.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Andreas Cestelle
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    I mean the party leader can do whatever they want in terms of how they organise party strats, if they don’t mention they are gonna do a compromising strat for parsing purposes then let them know they need to mention it and leave, if they did mention it and you join the party with the thinking of “parsing is bad” that’s totally on you

Parsing is a totally valid system and it’s not going anywhere
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Payadopa Astraya
    World
    Spriggan
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 71
    Quote Originally Posted by LewynStoutspirit View Post
    Parsing itself isn't the problem. The issue is toxic players.
    While that is true, you can't parse without players, but you can play without parses. It'll never get implemented for that reason. And the 'don't ask, don't tell' policy has produced enough toxicity. Imagine what it would be like if it were openly endorsed.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast