Player
    Character
    Vyy Alucard
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90

Unexplained Error during Play on iMAC

Ever since the maintenance before Patch 6.01, I have been experiencing a rather frustrating error during play. I have attached the image showcasing the error, sometimes in Japanese and sometimes in English, without any explanation or code and just an option to click OK.

Would you please help explain this? It's becoming exceedingly challenging to play the game due to the added pressure of "waiting" to log in and being greeted by this error during play. It's borderline agonising...

Thanks in advance.
    Please note that I mentioned in the subject that I play on iMac

Edit: Looks like it is related to the December 15 Date, all errors share the same date in both pictures even though they were taken 2 weeks apart (before 6.0.1 and after) and if it helps, the music keeps playing even after the error.
    (0)
    Last edited by Vyy; 12-24-2021 at 09:11 AM.

Player
    Character
    Maerwan Arlastar
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 90
    That what happened to me on MacBook Pro - MacOS Big Sur for few times since the early access till now. It frozen when pop up errors. I don't know what these errors are. I had to force quit and to relaunch FFXIV. Need to fix these errors soon.
    (0)

Greetings fellow Eorzean,

In the event that Final Fantasy XIV crashes when playing the game on a Mac device, please try the following steps:

- Update/reinstall your graphics card drivers (a clean install is recommended)
    - Update your Mac OSX software/firmware
    - Disable all programs/overlays running in the background
    - Make sure your anti-virus software has the appropriate exceptions for Final Fantasy XIV
    - If you are using a freesync or G-sync monitor, please turn this feature off and limit the frame rate to 30 or 60 FPS within the game. Please also limit the refresh rate on your monitor to 60 Hz should you have a high refresh monitor.

Another possible option would be to perform a clean boot:

For Mac: restart the Mac, the immediately press and hold the Shift key. The Apple logo should appear on your display. Release the Shift key when you see the login window.

Should the issue still persist after attempting all the listed troubleshooting, please attempt to uninstall/reinstall the game.

If the issue continues, please provide your Mac devices specifications from the following location:

Apple menu > About This Mac

Copy and paste the details of the machine into this post when replying back.

Thank you for contacting the Final Fantasy XIV Technical Support forums.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Vyy Alucard
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Darneltia View Post
    Greetings fellow Eorzean,

In the event that Final Fantasy XIV crashes when playing the game on a Mac device, please try the following steps:

- Update/reinstall your graphics card drivers (a clean install is recommended)
    - Update your Mac OSX software/firmware
    - Disable all programs/overlays running in the background
    - Make sure your anti-virus software has the appropriate exceptions for Final Fantasy XIV
    - If you are using a freesync or G-sync monitor, please turn this feature off and limit the frame rate to 30 or 60 FPS within the game. Please also limit the refresh rate on your monitor to 60 Hz should you have a high refresh monitor.

Another possible option would be to perform a clean boot:

For Mac: restart the Mac, the immediately press and hold the Shift key. The Apple logo should appear on your display. Release the Shift key when you see the login window.

Should the issue still persist after attempting all the listed troubleshooting, please attempt to uninstall/reinstall the game.

If the issue continues, please provide your Mac devices specifications from the following location:

Apple menu > About This Mac

Copy and paste the details of the machine into this post when replying back.

Thank you for contacting the Final Fantasy XIV Technical Support forums.
    Thank you, reinstalling the game fixed the issue for me.
    (0)