Player
    Character
    Necrozma Duskmane
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90

Fix the stupid game already

Today after hard day at work I wanted to play a bit to relax. I waited in a super long queue, finally got in as my friends were already waiting me to play together. As first thing I went to my retainer, wanted to sell timesworn map and when I was about to set price I got lobby connection error disconnect.. I immediately tried to log back in and I am 6000. in queue... Thanks for ruined evening... The expereince with your game since Endwalker early access has been absolutely horrendous and I am getting so tired of this shit. You have to adjust your whole day just so to be able to play at least a little bit but even when you do so, you just get one of the impressive variety of possible errors and you are fucked.

Semiconductor outage is no excuse for unability to fix errors for such a long time. It is plain incompetence and amateurism, nothing else.
    (10)

Player
    Character
    Auchrain Beleniel
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    SE doesn't read the English forums from what I understand.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Kaeltus Black
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 70
    Semiconductor outage is no excuse for unability to fix errors for such a long time. It is plain incompetence and amateurism, nothing else.
    Nothing more to say. I've been saying this for days.

Will no one from SE do anything about errors? It is not possible that anyone is viewing the forum.
    (3)

Greetings fellow Eorzean,

We apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced with server congestion on Final Fantasy XIV. Due to the recent release of Endwalker, we are experiencing an extremely high surge in player base which may result in long queue times and possible connection based errors. We are aware of this inconvenience and have addressed it in the following Lodestone post:

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodes...9264ac9f24986f

We appreciate your patience and understanding regarding this matter and ask that you try again at a later time to see if the issue persists along with keeping an eye out on the Lodestone website when further updates will become available.

Thank you for visiting the Final Fantasy XIV Technical Support forums!
    (2)
    Last edited by Darneltia; 12-14-2021 at 12:26 PM.

Player
    Character
    Kita T'larke
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by imeanlikesrsly View Post
    Today after hard day at work I wanted to play a bit to relax. I waited in a super long queue, finally got in as my friends were already waiting me to play together. As first thing I went to my retainer, wanted to sell timesworn map and when I was about to set price I got lobby connection error disconnect.. I immediately tried to log back in and I am 6000. in queue... Thanks for ruined evening... The expereince with your game since Endwalker early access has been absolutely horrendous and I am getting so tired of this shit. You have to adjust your whole day just so to be able to play at least a little bit but even when you do so, you just get one of the impressive variety of possible errors and you are fucked.

First of all the GAME itself is fine, i've been playing, i've seen several people finish end walker with no issues in the game itself. so it's not something to fix in the game. now queues? I guess you don't read the loadstone. there is currently THIS article: https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodes...9264ac9f24986f

it explains what is going on. speaking of the semiconductor/chip shortage IT businesses like SE are not the only ones affected and one other HUGE group is automobile companies and dealers are hit HARD by it. VERY HARD. why? because they too rely on these things and you can find articles in very notable newspapers and magazines that confirm this. I am sorry that you get the errors, but sometimes you can't help that and the queues hell i wait in 3-4K+ queues to get in myself. I make sure I'm doing other things if i can't get right in. Good luck
    (4)
    Freki -- Wolf of the Night!

Player
    Character
    Ace Mishima
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Freki42 View Post
    First of all the GAME itself is fine, i've been playing, i've seen several people finish end walker with no issues in the game itself. so it's not something to fix in the game. now queues? I guess you don't read the loadstone. there is currently THIS article: https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodes...9264ac9f24986f

it explains what is going on. speaking of the semiconductor/chip shortage IT businesses like SE are not the only ones affected and one other HUGE group is automobile companies and dealers are hit HARD by it. VERY HARD. why? because they too rely on these things and you can find articles in very notable newspapers and magazines that confirm this. I am sorry that you get the errors, but sometimes you can't help that and the queues hell i wait in 3-4K+ queues to get in myself. I make sure I'm doing other things if i can't get right in. Good luck
    I can just agree, but I guess if the world would just stop turning around other not important things and give SE the material they need people would be fine!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Necrozma Duskmane
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by AceStyx View Post
    I can just agree, but I guess if the world would just stop turning around other not important things and give SE the material they need people would be fine!
    You see this post is just another example of hiding everything behind semiconductor shortage. Yes it is a thing and reason why we have to wait in endless queues. But their unabilty to fix their errors that make you relive these queues several times until you finally get into the game or even kick you while you are in game to go back in queue is a completely different problem.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Ace Mishima
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    You see this post is just another example of hiding everything behind semiconductor shortage. Yes it is a thing and reason why we have to wait in endless queues. But their unabilty to fix their errors that make you relive these queues several times until you finally get into the game or even kick you while you are in game to go back in queue is a completely different problem.
    I´m not hiding anything behind the shortage of material. The actual problem is not the shortage. It is that storing of material in a warehouse for possible use in the future / or emergency's. But thats a problem all big company have because they have to safe money some where and there will be always someone on the other side who will pay the price. One Problem leads to another one and so on until it comes to a standstill. But yeah. If People pay attention during the queuing time and log back in as soon as they get kicked you land most of the time at the same position (+ / - a few positions). I personally think the errors got less and arranged my day according to my gaming needs and if i see in the evening 7000+ I simply do something else and don't waste my energy on being angry. Because there is no benefit in being angry about a thing that has no real impact on your RL (if you need to game / stream to pay your rent ok different thing)
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Alex Nervar
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by AceStyx View Post
    I´m not hiding anything behind the shortage of material. The actual problem is not the shortage. It is that storing of material in a warehouse for possible use in the future / or emergency's. But thats a problem all big company have because they have to safe money some where and there will be always someone on the other side who will pay the price. One Problem leads to another one and so on until it comes to a standstill. But yeah. If People pay attention during the queuing time and log back in as soon as they get kicked you land most of the time at the same position (+ / - a few positions). I personally think the errors got less and arranged my day according to my gaming needs and if i see in the evening 7000+ I simply do something else and don't waste my energy on being angry. Because there is no benefit in being angry about a thing that has no real impact on your RL (if you need to game / stream to pay your rent ok different thing)
    I've seen recently that the 'landing back in the same position is not a guarantee and is more than likely to not hold your place.

The idea that you, the consumer, must continuously baby your connection to the server to be able to log in is frankly silly.

Not everyone can rearrange their day as you have. Keep that in mind. People do not have that luxury.

Now, it can be argued that this is entitlement. But people seem to be forgetting that people are indeed entitled to a service they've paid for.

The analysis of the 2002 error shows that they should be able to fix it, as there's no need for the server to keep disconnecting and then reconnecting every 15 minutes if your connection is healthy and stable. This doesn't require more servers etc., it simply costs them money.

I'm not going to shake pitchforks and demand my money back etc. But looking at these forums, there are certainly many issues that can be fixed without it going back to the shortage.
    Sound errors
    Crashes
    Dx11 Mess ups
    All of these have sprung up from Endwalker. This isn't even touching the server, refusing to connect people, or kicking them off.

This would have happened even without the shortage. Their estimated growth of the player base would have still had NA and EU servers at near-total capacity. They knew this before the shortage. More servers should have been added in Shadowbringer on top of the ones we had. It's better to have half-empty servers in waiting than no space at all in the ones you have.

Your kind words aren't helping anyway, including FF14. People seem to forget that Square Enix is billion-dollar cooperation. It exists to make money.

They need to fix the 2002 error, and at the very least, increase the grace period of logging back into the game or retaining your queue by 10 minutes. At least that will calm folks down whose games are crashing, are being kicked by the server, or sound has deteriorated to the point they have to leave.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Indie Arcana
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90

Semiconductor outage is no excuse for unability to fix errors for such a long time.
    See this "Semiconductor shortage" being used as a type of excuse quite alot, but defiantly for EU and NA it's not, not sure about Japanese servers, maybe they do own them, but for EU and NA the servers are leased, for EU I know for a fact there in Frankfurt Germany, and is the very same server company that provide servers for 100's if not 1000's of publishers in the EU, WoW, Tera, Rift..practically all the EU servers for games published in the EU are from the same company, which now makes you think, if more people are playing FFXIV and not other games the overall load on servers is still the same as before Endwalker, for every player not playing X game is now playing Y instead = still same load on servers.

Maybe, just maybe, due to covid and more people playing online games these sever company's have increased the cost slightly to "cash in" hence I believe its more a fact that Square do not want to lease more server capacity for the EU and NA regions as a more save the huge influx of revenue for them. This is not a fault of the FFXIV team, Yoshi etc this is down the Square themselves they are the ones who control the purse strings and have set budgets for each of the game projects and publishers.

just down to corporate greed, they literally don't want to spend their huge influx of profit
    (8)
    Last edited by elvenmad; 12-15-2021 at 01:35 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast